Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
Problem description: In the last week or so, I noticed my monitor losing connection while gaming. The screen briefly turns black, then the picture returns after a few seconds with the input type (ie DisplayPort) as if I had unplugged the cable and plugged it back in. Currently I have a dual monitor setup, and only the primary monitor is losing connection. If I use my second monitor as the gaming monitor, it loses connection, and my main monitor stays on. Additionally, I tried it out with my Oculus Rift, and that loses connection when I play something on it.

I thought it was an overheating problem with the video card, but the max temp is 78C. From my research, the limit for my card is 84C. I can use the computer for hours doing anything other than gaming, and the problem never happens.

Attempted fixes: Swapped out HDMI/Displayport cables, cleaned out dust from the tower.

Recent changes: None.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

System specs:
- ASRock Z170 Extreme3 LGA 1151 Intel Z170
- EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB
- EVGA SuperNOVA 220-P2-0650-X1 650W Power Supply
- Intel Core i5-6600K

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Try running https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=846 to remove GPU drivers and then installing the latest.

• Locked thread