Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I googled "can a furry be a fish?" because I realized I've never seen the aquatic side of the furry world, which I'm ignorant about. It turns out, there are fish furries, and to my surprise, sharks are a popular fish furry species.

I've always seen sharks as monsters, terrors of the water, givers of surfer amputations. But here they are.

Sharks even have their own entry on wikifur, telling me what I already know: Shark faces lack expression, and they can't be petted.

They're on deviantart -- surprise!

And they're other places, too

But the bottom of that wikifur article makes me realize something: sharks were, just maybe, already ruined.

Sharks are no longer revered. They are now entertainment, toys for our babies to coo and hold while nursing.

Did furries ruin the shark or was the shark already ruined? When will the frighteningly majestic sharks reclaim their image?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
is this just a thread to post that you found out that there are shark furries or what is the engagement here

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Just In Time

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Street Sharks didn't make the sharks sexy at all so I wouldn't blame that show. Didn't see Shark Tale so I have no idea, maybe it all started in 2004. Pretty sure furries drew sexsharks before that, though.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamohoalii

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Why the poo poo are there shark furries

Why the gently caress is there a furry wiki

Are shark furries the reason they need a wiki

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

is this just a thread to post that you found out that there are shark furries or what is the engagement here

are you a shark furry because that's a p.shark nose but there's also like a mane or something going on there

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Noble shark. Champion of the seas.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Sharks are dangerous to furries I thought

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The San Jose Sharks (best team in NHL) beat the poo poo outta the rangers tonight GO SHARKS!!!!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Every once in a while someone around here gets bitten by a shark and there's like an alert that a great white or something is moving up the coast and then you get reminded oh yeah lol those things will loving kill you.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Sharks are dangerous to furries I thought

not nearly as dangerous as

one pette contains enough poison to kill a fully grown furry

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

COMRADES posted:

Every once in a while someone around here gets bitten by a shark and there's like an alert that a great white or something is moving up the coast and then you get reminded oh yeah lol those things will loving kill you.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I once stood over a koi pond in Tokyo. The fish swam up to the surface, mouths agape and I idly thought “I wonder what it’d be like to gently caress that fish in the mouth”

Glad to see there’s people who rather than idly allow themselves to contemplate and discard depravity instead bury it deep and end up fixated on erotic finding Nemo fan art.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You've got a small dick dude

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
sharks fuckin own to dive with but I’ve never really thought about loving one. This guy, though, he wants to gently caress sharks. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/beach/os-naked-shark-guy-identtified-20170512-story.html

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.

gently caress I want this tshirt

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

maskenfreiheit posted:

I once stood over a koi pond in Tokyo. The fish swam up to the surface, mouths agape and I idly thought “I wonder what it’d be like to gently caress that fish in the mouth”

Glad to see there’s people who rather than idly allow themselves to contemplate and discard depravity instead bury it deep and end up fixated on erotic finding Nemo fan art.

i'm not sure you realize this says more about you than anything

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i would :shrug:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Nooner posted:

The San Jose Sharks (best team in NHL) beat the poo poo outta the rangers tonight GO SHARKS!!!!

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Now I have better reason to hate furries than most, but I'm not feeling this one.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Wulfolme posted:

Now I have better reason to hate furries than most, but I'm not feeling this one.

I think it’s story time.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

fruit on the bottom posted:

I think it’s story time.

No.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

fruit on the bottom posted:

I think it’s story time.

a hippo furry killed his entire family in a display of territorial dominance

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Best shark:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

EorayMel posted:

Best shark:

good gently caress tourists

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

EorayMel posted:

Best shark:

:gary:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

it sounds like story time, coward

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Thank you for your extensive research into furries OP, you sick gently caress.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
This is what every shark representation should be: 'roid ragin' and swollen, wooing those merladies

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.

AWarmBody posted:

This is what every shark representation should be: 'roid ragin' and swollen, wooing those merladies

lol like he can swim

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

hmm

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Dontrel no!

Bobmuffins
Oct 10, 2016

how long did you spend researching this, and, more importantly, why did you care this much

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

AWarmBody posted:

I googled "can a furry be a fish?" because I realized I've never seen the aquatic side of the furry world, which I'm ignorant about. It turns out, there are fish furries, and to my surprise, sharks are a popular fish furry species.

I've always seen sharks as monsters, terrors of the water, givers of surfer amputations. But here they are.

Sharks even have their own entry on wikifur, telling me what I already know: Shark faces lack expression, and they can't be petted.

They're on deviantart -- surprise!

And they're other places, too

But the bottom of that wikifur article makes me realize something: sharks were, just maybe, already ruined.

Sharks are no longer revered. They are now entertainment, toys for our babies to coo and hold while nursing.

Did furries ruin the shark or was the shark already ruined? When will the frighteningly majestic sharks reclaim their image?

sharks are sexy, you simpleton. you FOOL.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I've never seen a shark give a gently caress one way or the other.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

they deffo ruined wolves, maybe foxes, sharks are still cool tho

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I thought Katy Perry ruined sharks/made them sexy furries when she did the Super Bowl halftime show a few years back.

I remember people going absolutely nuts over a backup dancer in a shark costume...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

So is SA still infested with closet furries, or was there another die off recently? For a while it seemed like every furry mock thread had like ten people who were way over-compensating.

• Locked thread