Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What tribe are you supporting?
This poll is closed.
Team Raw 2 2.30%
Team Smackdown 17 19.54%
It's the same company, Jerusalem :rolleyes: 68 78.16%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

• Kurt Angle, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins defeated The Miz, Cesaro, Sheamus, Braun Strowman, and Kane in a 5-on-3 Handicap TLC match

• Jason Jordan defeated Elias

• Finn Bálor defeated AJ Styles

• Enzo Amore defeated Kalisto to regain the Cruiserweight Championship

• Alexa Bliss defeated Mickie James to retain the Women's Championship

• Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann defeated Jack Gallagher and THE Brian Kendrick

• Asuka defeated Emma

• Sasha Banks defeated Alicia Fox

Raw Results
  • Kurt Angle opened the show to talk about how happy he was to go in the WWE Hall of Fame, and how that feeling continued as he was in the main event of last night's PPV. Now it was time to look towards Survivor Series.

• There will be a series of Brand vs Brand/Champ vs Champ matches: Alexa vs Natalia, Miz vs Corbin, Rollins and Ambrose vs The Usos and of course Jinder Mahal vs Brock Lesnar. There will also be two traditional Elimination matches, one for the men and one for the women.

• Miz came out with Curtis Axel and The Bar to confront Miz over last night's PPV. Miz was furious at Kurt for trying to hog the spotlight. They surrounded the ring in emulation of The Shield's tactics, but then Rollins and Ambrose came out to run them off. Miz complained that they were suck-ups, and Angle booked them into a six man tag with Smackdown's AJ Styles joining Ambrose and Rollins.

• AJ, Ambrose and Rollins defeated Miz and the Bar. Afterwards Kane showed up and attacked all three and chokeslammed Rollins while Miz and the Bar kept Ambrose and Styles occupied. Afterwards Kane did a promo declaring that Strowman wanted competition but Kane considered him garbage, which is why he dumped him into the garbage truck at the PPV... and now KANE wants competition.

• Finn Balor came out and got his rear end kicked by Kane.

• Shane McMahon, apparently fine after his Hell in a Cell match, chatted with Angle about Survivor Series and they exchanged good-natured barbs about which brand would come out on top at the PPV.

• Asuka defeated Emma again, in a rematch where Emma was mostly in control.

• Alexa Bliss came to the ring and complained that the fans weren't paying her the respect she deserved. She insulted the crowd and tried to lead them in a chant of "You Deserve It". Mickie James came out, beat her up and told her that she deserved that.

• Bayley and Sasha Banks met with Kurt Angle to figure out who would lead the Women's Team at Survivor Series. Alicia Fox demanded she be chosen, so Angle booked them all in a triple threat to decide.

• Elias tried again to the concert that got interupted at TLC, but his mic kept cutting out thanks to Jason Jordan. The two had a match which Jordan was winning until Elias hit him with the guitar, causing a DQ win to Jordan.

• Paul Heyman came out with Brock Lesnar and tore 1000 strips off of Jinder Mahal with his promo, calling him a Make-Believe Modern Day Maharaja who wasn't Lesnar's equal or contemporary, and wasn't even a worthy pretender to the throne of WWE Champion.

• Kalisto did a promo backstage talking about his rematch against Enzo Amore for the Cruiserweight Title. Mustafa Ali, Cedric Alexander, Rich Swann and Gran Metalik showed up to join him for a 10-man Cruiserweight Tag later tonight.

• Alicia Fox defeated Sasha Banks and Bayley in a rather wild triple threat match to become the Captain of Raw Women's Team at Survivor Series. Fox pinned Bayley after Bayley broke up a Banks Statement and Alicia took advantage by knocking the two together.

• Enzo Amore lead Noam Dar, Drew Gulak, Tony Neese and Daivari to the ring wearing an eyepatch. Drew got on the mic to read a prepared statement by "Mister Amore" who had damaged his vocal cords. He gave a wonderfully dorky rendition of Enzo's opening spiel, insulting the crowd while Enzo danced around.

• Kalisto got the pin on Enzo in their 10-man tag, ahead of his title rematch on 205 Live tomorrow.

• Kurt Angle came out to announce details of the Raw teams for Survivor Series, but was cut off by the arrival of Shane McMahon and most if not all of the Smackdown roster. They surrounded the ring and Shane told him he was "Under Siege", and Kurt rushed out of the ring and up the ramp. Shane immediately ordered the blue team to "go get 'im" and they all headed up the ring after Kurt.

• Backstage, the Smackdown team jumped Titus O'Neill and Apollo Crews, random stagehands and also props. The Smackdown women chased down and beat up some of the Raw women, then everybody invaded the locker room and attacked various Raw wrestlers. Running into some of the higher ranked Raw women, the Smackdown men parted ways so the Smackdown women could beat them up and leave them laying.

• Shane watched from the ring in approval as the crowd booed, but backstage Ambrose and Rollins jumped the Smackdown guys but were quickly outnumbered and beaten down. Rusev and Corbin got hold of Kurt Angle and dragged him back out to the arena and into the ring.

• Shane told Kurt to bring his gold medal and what is left of the Raw roster to Survivor Series, where Smackdown will finish what it started. It's true. It's drat true. Smackdown left through the crowd, leaving a dazed Kurt in the ring watching them go.

Smackdown Results
  • A recap of last night's attack on Raw by Smackdown superstars under the direction of Commissioner Shane McMahon. Shane came out to explain his reasoning for the attack, claiming he learned long ago that if you're going to be in a fight you throw the first punch. He bragged about how he deliberately let AJ Styles spend an extra day with Raw to help set up the attack.

• Sami Zayn came dancing out in his wonderfully over the top way and beamed at Shane, offering a handshake and saying,"No hard feelings about Hell in a Cell, right? :haw:" - Shane DOES have hard feelings and complained that Sami not only put Shane's life and wellbeing at risk, but added insult to injury by dragging Owens on top of him to get the pinfall. Still thrilled, Sami explained that if he was facing Shane the competitor as opposed to Shane the Commissioner, he'd take him out in less than a second. But he wanted to put that behind him, and with great grace and self-sacrifice announced that he and Kevin had talked it over and decided to lead Smackdown at Survivor Series... and that Shane didn't just want them, he NEEDED them. Shane retorted he neither wanted or needed him, but he would give him an opportunity: the winner of his match tonight would be on the Survivor Series Team. That opponent, of course, was Randy Orton.

• Backstage, The New Day passed by a table with Raw fruit on it. Upon seeing the word "Raw" they flew into a rage and dumped the fruit into the trash.

• The Usos were on guest commentary for a match between The New Day and the new Number One Contenders to the tag titles: Chad Gable and..... Shelton Benjamin. Chad and Shelton Benjamin won after scoring a sneak attack on Xavier which allowed Gable to get the pin. Usos complained about the cheating but assured Michael Cole that they had "some new stuff" which they would pull out.

• Charlotte, Naomi, Becky, Lana and Tamina were excitedly talking about the attack on the Raw roster last night. Carmella was irritated that she couldn't find Ellsworth and asked Daniel Bryan where he was, and he laughed that he's be sure to send out a search party. He told them all of them would be on the Smackdown Women's Team, and when Lana reminded him there were 6 of them he happily explained,"Oh not you, Lana!" - He said they'd need a strong captain for the team and Charlotte tried to take the spot, causing an argument which was solved by Bryan booking them in a Fatal Five-way to determine the team captain.

• The Fashion Files this week will be "Fashion Dogs", in a play on Reservoir Dogs. The Ascension are still trying to be part of their crew. As Breezango argued over which of them was Mr. Pink (both were), The Ascension tied up Ellsworth and danced in carrying a gas-can, though only to drink from it. They threatened to cut off Ellsworth's chin unless he talked about the mysterious briefcase they heard he knew about. Carmella stormed in to take him away, and they looked inside her MITB case and found Ellsworth's dirty underwear. Breezango declared yet another case solved and the Ascension reminded them they hadn't solved a SINGLE case yet. The Ascension gently and carefully explained that 2B obviously stood for the Bludgeon Brothers and Tyler had a moment of realization that the B in brothers is silent. Next week will be "Strangerer Things".

• Shane met with Bryan backstage, where it became clear that Bryan didn't know about the assault on Raw and wasn't pleased about it.

• Sin Cara "defeated" Baron Corbin by DQ after Corbin got so frustrated during their match that he just refused to stop putting a beating on him in the corner after the 5 count. Afterwards he dragged Sin Cara out of the ring and hit the End of Days on him. The crowd chanted,"ONE MORE TIME!" after this.

• Another recap of the Smackdown attack on Raw, accompanied by social media videos by the Smackdown wrestlers who attacked.

• The Singh Brothers introduced Jinder Mahal who was upset about Paul Heyman's blistering promo about him on Raw. He declared he was Brock Lesnar's worst nightmare, and he'd prove himself to Brock, Heyman and the fans at Survivor Series.

• Jinder was kicked out from ringside after AJ arrived for his match against Sunil Singh. AJ beat him so quickly and with such domination you'd be forgiven for thinking he was Kane and Sunil was Finn Balor.

• Kevin Owens arrived in the locker room and told Sami that while he had to fight Orton tonight, Owens had to face Nakamura next week for a spot on the team. Sami assured him they would both win and it would be Team Kevin and Sami. Owens corrected him, it would be Team Sami and Kevin. Owens left and Sami happily whispered,"What a guy."

• Jinder burst in to angrily complaint to Bryan about Sunil's loss, and insisted that a horrified Samir would now do the job that Sunil couldn't. Bryan agreed and gave him the match next week, while Samir tried to fire himself up.

• Nattie wouldn't let the Fatal Five-way start until a special ring announcement was made to introduce her and all the wonderful things she is. The match wasn't anything to write home about but the ending was great because Becky won and that means Becky is the Captain of Smackdown's women's team at Survivor Series.

• Another Bludgeon Brothers vignette aired.

• Dolph Ziggler was rude to Renee Young in a backstage interview :mad: He also made fun of catchphrases, and claimed he'd been proven right about Bobby Roode by defeating him. Roode showed up and Ziggler told him just because they worked together attacking Raw last night, they weren't friends. Roode challenged Ziggler to a 2-out-of-3 Falls match next week.

• Randy Orton defeated Sami Zayn to gain a spot on the Survivor Series team. Kevin Owens had run down to try and shift the tide in Sami's favor, but Orton managed to kick out and while the ref was distracted with Owens, Orton delivered a low blow to Sami, hit the RKO and pinned him while maintaining direct eye contact with Owens.

• The show ended with Bryan and Shane backstage commenting that the show had gone smoothly and that Raw had not attacked even though Bryan had feared they would. Bryan reminded him that Raw WOULD retaliate at some point, and that this would be Shane's problem to deal with and not his.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was weird

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Things I learned from this RAW: Green Bay is an absolutely lovely town and I hope WWE doesn't run there again in the future.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kurt with the PTSD Stare at the end, there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kane squashed Finn :lol: :laffo: :woop:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
The lack of urgency that Cole said ‘Is Raw under siege?’ is me.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

why didn't they kill michael cole

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rip braun and rip finn

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarkstarIV posted:

Things I learned from this RAW: Green Bay is an absolutely lovely town and I hope WWE doesn't run there again in the future.

most people have known that for a long time

Was anyone else really hoping they would run into Brock backstage and just sort of respectfully change directions?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So is the story with Finn and Kane going to be that Finn has to be in dumb Demon King mode to beat Kane?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Destroy My Sweater posted:

why didn't they kill michael cole

They didn't want Smackdown to get cheered and carried around the building on the shoulders of the fans.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I can't believe Natty farted in every Raw locker room.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

IcePhoenix posted:

most people have known that for a long time

Was anyone else really hoping they would run into Brock backstage and just sort of respectfully change directions?

They would've had to pay him another million for that

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Dean has a we bare bears shirt and that owns.

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?
Next week: Roman Reigns makes his triumphant return by single-handedly invading Smackdown! Live and defeating the entire SD roster.

He then gives them all meningitis/mumps/herpes.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
When Braun Strowman's garbage truck tomb rolls up to Smackdown, and Kurt Angle unleashes the monster on Smackdown's roster, the roof will be blown off of the arena.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

So is the story with Finn and Kane going to be that Finn has to be in dumb Demon King mode to beat Kane?

The story will probably be "Kane needs to be strong so he can stand a chance against Braun"

Finn's monkeys paw was "get away from Bray", shouldn't have forgot about the whole easy "needing to win" thing

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I didn't watch any of Raw but was KOTR mentioned at all in the Shane/Kurt segments

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

The Bee posted:

When Braun Strowman's garbage truck tomb rolls up to Smackdown, and Kurt Angle unleashes the monster on Smackdown's roster, the roof will be blown off of the arena.

Except kane will jump out of the back and get winded

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm glad we're feeding Braun and Finn to Kane, both being better wrestlers than him who are both over, and one who is leagues better at his own big monster gimmick than him. He's gonna put on one hell of a bathroom break at the next ppv.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bayley's SCSA impression is amazing :lol:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Devil Bird Thing posted:

Next week: Roman Reigns makes his triumphant return by single-handedly invading Smackdown! Live and defeating the entire SD roster.

He then gives them all meningitis/mumps/herpes.

Daniel Bryan shouldn't book Smackdown.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I'm reminded of that time the Alliance was attacking everyone in the arena, except without the part where Stone Cold drove up and beat them all with a pool cue.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The whole "it's Survivor Series and suddenly we are rabid brand-loving street gangs" thing never stops bugging me. Dolph Ziggler and Bobby Roode are beating people up together. Becky Lynch is suckerpunching Bayley.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Survivor Series is just Bragging Rights now I guess.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

The whole "it's Survivor Series and suddenly we are rabid brand-loving street gangs" thing never stops bugging me. Dolph Ziggler and Bobby Roode are beating people up together. Becky Lynch is suckerpunching Bayley.

Lone Wolf Baron Corbin now a yes man doing what his boss asks

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Chris James 2 posted:

The only thing of note Corbin did was beat up some random backstage worker. Perfectly in keeping with his character.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

If Sami and Owens are on the men's singles team, I may never stop laughing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Baron Corbin beats up a random non-wrestler backstage while all the Smackdown faces cheer him on.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

The only thing of note Corbin did was beat up some random backstage worker. Perfectly in keeping with his character.

He was one of the two guys directly in the ring making sure Kurt got in like Shane wanted

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

The faces cheering him on not so much.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Other than Kane still being a thing and Asuka's brutal blow for blow battle of wills with a jobber, which were both really really terrible, that was a drat good show. Alicia Fox and Elias wound up being the standout matches for me.

Elias always brings out the most entertaining commentary and that guitar shot finish is always exciting. Alicia Fox was hilarious and that spot of her mimicking Bayley's moves from behind her and hitting her with her own move was probably my favorite of the night.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Chris James 2 posted:

He was one of the two guys directly in the ring making sure Kurt got in like Shane wanted

He just wanted to hang out with Rusev. Who can blame him?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

tweet my meat posted:

Elias always brings out the most entertaining commentary and that guitar shot finish is always exciting.

Ain't he great?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
That ending was certainly a thing that had the potential to be cool, but ended up being uninspiring.

Still mystified by the Finn loss.

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?
Disappointed the Smackdown women's team did not step back after the beatdown only to realize one of the Raw women they beat up was Bray Wyatt in Sister Abigail drag.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CarlCX posted:

Having the entire roster beat each other out of some vague sense of brand pride is like Vince's wet dream and ultimate goal

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

That ending was certainly a thing that had the potential to be cool, but ended up being uninspiring.

I think the Smackdown beat down would have been better if they all split up backstage and we had fighting all over the arena.

You would think the rest of the Raw roster would have been aware of the giant blue mob attacking people backstage after the first 5 minutes and maybe tried to group up a little more.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Professor Funk posted:

Still mystified by the Finn loss.

it was... real dumb and bad.

finally the guy gets a lucky break and has a fantastic match and then... fed to kane? in 2017? there's no one else you could do if you absolutely have to push kane, in 2017?

on a related note i dont know how successful the "replace roman with people the crowd really really likes" strategy is going to be at getting roman over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kane beating Finn was so crazy

If the beatdown was just heals coming and beating up faces without Shane agreeing it would of be a 100% better. Have Sami and Kevin lead them to not only mess with Raw, but also mess with Shane. But lol nope logic goes out the window come Survivor Series.

Always 1 step forward 2 steps back in 2017 WWE

• Locked thread