Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
:spooky:

Am new but played mafia and were wolf irl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
And yes am a boat. But choo choo like a train soooo...

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

yes am a boat 2 chuchu

PPPPEEEEERRRRRFFFFF

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Do you accuse me of PERFIDY OR PERFECTTTTIIIOOONNNNN
Both

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
It's called life thank you. Hmmmph

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Hal Incandenza posted:

I do not like boats

Well nice to meet you too then

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
Sounds legit. If I get lynched in game it's whatever. It's a part of the game and if I fall d1 so be it. Either way im here to chill and play games.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Asiina posted:

I think most people have a rule of letting new people live at least a day, even if they literally scumclaim.

If I do this modkill me plz

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

peramene posted:

see what I mean? I love that he's ready to go - it is he, yeah? - but at the same time don't be loving dicks guys

Didn't see the question. Yes am a guy.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Revolver Anidav posted:

:spooky:

I will stop the boats. I think it's part of my job description now that I work for Newscorp.

There is no boat, only zuul

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

peramene posted:

QUARTERMILE

ELEVATOR

LAUNDRY ROOM

TIMER SET FOR SECOND LOAD BITCHES

Most hype laundry run ever

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

peramene posted:

son you don't know me yet

but one time I wrote a six (six? maybe three) thousand post in a scum game in which I revealed a BRILLIANT, MASTERMIND plot on the part of the unofficial leader of the scumteam - he was all but confirmed town, he was deeply respected, but some elements of his word choices... they reminded me of myself... some... elements of the way he lead every single lynch

it was then that I realized that the lynch, traditionally a town killing mechanism, was actually the only way to reliably kill who you targeted, because night actions had so many redirects - using a kill meant someone would die, but it might very well be you

when I made the post, I posted this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBWbpFz3wac this is both a Final Fantasy (the flavor of the game) joke as well as a joke about the gravity of my posts (i am somewhat infamous for very long posts)

then, when it turned out I was right, he used his killing ability at night on me. it was redirected to kashuno. kashuno had activated an ability that killed whomever had targeted him with a killing ability. i forget how i died, but i did.

so i posted this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buE_jLEZrf4 I enjoy adaptation and referential humor to make concrete points.

q e d

Uhm.... welp

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
I want a link to this mastermind game pera haha

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
So where's the cocktails?

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
My character is awkwardly approaching everyone Gatsby nodding with a martini

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

b-minus1 posted:

im an idiot.

Hot drat I laughed out loud at work. That was unexpected

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Revolver Anidav posted:

If Tired and Gulag stay in the peanut gallery, they're guaranteed to not be scum. But they also can't be killed.

Gulag is right, we must lynch all lurkers before they get modkilled. Stump to victory.

Death to lurkers

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
Is there a butler here? Really want to say beauregard a lot.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Revolver Anidav posted:

Instead of a Beaver Conspiracy, we now have a Banjo Conspiracy.

Lol. Banjo tooie

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Moatillata posted:

Take note of this sage advice boat

So bitches and sluts win. I get it now

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Tired Moritz posted:

Idk what is supposed to happen in this n0, but people should do whatever so we van go to the next day and nl

In the op n0 is for all players to post 20 times for other players to have info to go off of for the person that they would be acting as.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
We just need to find Beatrix Bourbon, I do declare.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Revolver Anidav posted:

Every time I see a newbie posting in a Mafia game I want to get them a new avatar. The retro stupid newbie ones had more style.

I agree. I'm changing mine soon I swear

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
Looks like we've got ourselves a *murder*

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m sure a restless creative like pera isn’t going to have a generic PM but nothing binus says about his “town” PM makes any sense

Actually in comparison makes 100% sense. ##vote b-minus. From the little I know of you guys pera seems to not know what tl;Dr means.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Xad posted:

WAIT GUYS but what if b-minus being confused about the party's theme IS their character?????????

I'm so mind hosed right now

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

GulagDolls posted:

I'm getting so much gaia platinum

My little nostalgia heart has exploded.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Tired Moritz posted:

What is people's opinion on this post

I feel I'm inclined to believe it after the explanation. The way it's written feels genuine. However, if the "I'm an idiot" is a ploy, he is just following a scum tactic and basically making a post restriction for someone. Could go either way, but if he is actually an idiot I don't think he would've thought that hard on it.

##unvote

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
Do we have a count of those that haven't posted yet?

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Tired Moritz posted:

how many are sure b-minus might not be scum that hosed up and had his teammates help him make an excuse

I can't be 100% as am new and don't now what the obvious catches or subtleties are, however, with that being said. 1 thing is clear. The wording of how he went about explaining himself feels town, however how he explains his alignment and misreading it feels scummy.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

TheBoat posted:

I can't be 100% as am new and don't know what the obvious catches or subtleties are, however, with that being said. 1 thing is clear. The wording of how he went about explaining himself feels town, however how he explains his alignment and misreading it feels scummy.

Welp my phone is dumb

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
This time on "jealous husband" Mafia. Names are called. People are called scum. Get your popcorn ladies and gents. More news at 12.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Moatillata posted:

How are people not getting this.

I would be open to an opop vote

The only thing I see potentially backing this is if b-minus is scum and he is defending him. Also due to frequency of posts.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

b-minus1 posted:

Can you elaborate? how would my posts evoke a post restriction on another player?

If you were not lynched day 1, the way I see my restriction(if I got you) would be, I have to use the I'm an idiot card and misread things. Which is literally the only thing that has happened.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

b-minus1 posted:

TBH, Josh is my strongest town right at the moment because of this post:

This was exactly the response I was trying to evoke from fellow town players who had voted to lynch me with my breadcrumb posts (only i was hoping they would keep it more discrete and unvote instead of posting in the game thread about the similarities of my posts to their own alignment PM; once again, this is why i deliberately was somewhat vague in my original posts). So it seems strange to me that Moat would call out Josh for that post, especially since he was the first person to explicitly state the similarities in the PMs.

for the moment, I am treating any players who agreed with Moat's assessment of my posts as slightly suspicious (Xad, Moatillata, TheBoat), but i would be ok with any lurker lynch as well.

also I have no read on Juchero.

I'm suspicious but taking 10 posts to explain yourself isn't? Sound logic. ##vote b-minus1

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

b-minus1 posted:

##voteTheBoat

Ayyy. All in all no hard feelings either way. B-minus you seem like a chill person and this is the interaction I want in a game

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Xad posted:

Hey wait, if pera is actually playing, she'd...have to be scum, right? Since that's the only way you could make that work? Unless that's just what she wants us to think and :psyduck:

At the beginning of d1 she posted that she disappeared and player count went down to 12. Which lead to my post saying a murder happened.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Tired Moritz posted:

in a bid to generate content (I dont think there's a lot of people that had made 20 posts yet), let's talk about our scum reads

for now, mine is Juchero and Pmush.

With the interactions thus far, I really only feel b minus. But it could be a way over the top, super wrong read. With that being said if I'm right those that have defended him in posts so far also feel suspect. Could go either way.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Xad posted:

Ah gently caress, I forgot about that.

##unvote for now

Nah don't. If you feel I'm scum vote me. If I was to aggressive in my questions I get it. But in itself I feel I need to poke at slip ups and see if more happen. That's what I feel a town is supposed to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Juchero posted:

*alright the dance floor's emptying out but we've got more to play, or else we don't get paid*

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1d01EgdFsqh

10/10. Read in tune of the song.

• Locked thread