Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Frank Gore (The Inconvenient Truth), running back for the Indianapolis Colts, currently has 13,574 career rushing yards. 89 more yards will put him ahead of HoFer (for some reason) RB Jerome Bettis and 111 more yards will move him ahead of LdT into the top five all time.

The way the Colts season has been going, Gore will break into the top five in two games and be ~200 yards short of Curtis Martin for 4th overall at the end of the season. Gore will also break the RB record of consecutive seasons with 5+ TDs if he reaches that milestone this season. He is currently tied at 11 seasons with five HoFers.

Unfortunately, Gore's contract is up after this season and it seems unlikely that anyone will want to hire a RB in his mid-30s, so this is probably the end of his career.

I would like to take a moment to reflect on the career of this future HoFer as he approaches this significant milestone in NFL history. Please feel free to share your favorite Frank Gore moments, like when Kyle Williams cost him a ring or the Niners decided to throw in the redzone against the Ravens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Gas this thread

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

BrownThunder posted:

Gas this thread

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

Gas this thread

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm not going to empty quote like the rest of the people in this thread but Gas This Thread

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The real way to win at monopoly is just buying houses and not hotels. Also get the railroads.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

This is so bad rear end. I love being a southern communist.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Hall Of Very Good At Not Winning A Ring

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BrownThunder posted:

Gas this thread

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Stop comparing him to SB champion Jerome Bettis. The Bus has nothing to do with that washed up fat gently caress ugly self-farting waste of space named Francis Vivian Gore

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I’d like to earnestly contribute to this discussion.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Bill Dungsroman posted:

This is so bad rear end. I love being a southern communist.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Speaking of SB winning RB's, maybe we should talk about LeGarrette Blount instead?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

The real way to win at monopoly is just buying houses and not hotels. Also get the railroads.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Gore doesn't have the TD count of Bettis or Martin.

As someone great once said, Gods score touchdowns son, peasants of the land make FG

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Frank Gore might make the hall of fame if he steps up his networking.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

You want to max out those green spaces however

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Both Gores are extremely boring to watch and neither will ever win the big one.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Why the gently caress can't I find that one post comparing the Seahawks to Batman.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hope Gore gets 109 yards and then retires

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Probably Magic posted:

Why the gently caress can't I find that one post comparing the Seahawks to Batman.

I became a Seattle fan not after Super Bowl 48 but Super Bowl 49-after seeing their humiliating defeat against the Patriots because of that terrible play and interception at the last second. It was a heart breaker, but I fell in love with how well they played. It also helps that Seattle is a city where a lot of what I love originated from (Hendrix, Cobain, Pearl Jam, Neuromancer and the Cyberpunk genre, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Starbucks). This was the first football season I've ever followed and following the Hawks was amazing, especially in week 17 when I won a hoodie off a bet-that was the moment where I became both a member and believer of the 12s. To see Cam Newton run us over in the divisional round was one thing. To see him do so when it was clear that his team was over-depending on him was another. What really made me salty, and boy howdy was I full of salt , was the simple fact that he compared himself to Superman. How he kept wearing Superman shirts and also how his home field played the John Williams theme. This became nerd rage, and I wanted to see Batman beat Superman. Russel Wilson wasn't Batman and going into this game I was hoping Peyton would be. It turned out Von Miller was the Dark Knight, as he was sacking and pressuring Cam was glorious. This little internal narrative of mine was helped by the constant ad presence for Batman V Superman. Congrats, Broncos and Von Miller. Congrats for avenging us. Here's looking forward to my team's 40th season PS: If you're reading Febreeze, I'd like to see a comic where Cam Newton as Superman has the MVP sack-stripped from him by Von Miller as Batman.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Also yeah I do feel a lot less enthusiasm for this season. Being constantly reminded of this being a bloodsport, awful offensive line play and I guess fatigue is setting in. 3 years ago people wouldn't stop talking about the Seahawks, and you were shunned if you didn't wear a jersey on blue Friday. Today I rarely hear talk about the Seahawks around Seattle, and no one gives a poo poo about blue Friday anymore.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MrLogan posted:

I became a Seattle fan not after Super Bowl 48 but Super Bowl 49-after seeing their humiliating defeat against the Patriots because of that terrible play and interception at the last second. It was a heart breaker, but I fell in love with how well they played. It also helps that Seattle is a city where a lot of what I love originated from (Hendrix, Cobain, Pearl Jam, Neuromancer and the Cyberpunk genre, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Starbucks). This was the first football season I've ever followed and following the Hawks was amazing, especially in week 17 when I won a hoodie off a bet-that was the moment where I became both a member and believer of the 12s. To see Cam Newton run us over in the divisional round was one thing. To see him do so when it was clear that his team was over-depending on him was another. What really made me salty, and boy howdy was I full of salt , was the simple fact that he compared himself to Superman. How he kept wearing Superman shirts and also how his home field played the John Williams theme. This became nerd rage, and I wanted to see Batman beat Superman. Russel Wilson wasn't Batman and going into this game I was hoping Peyton would be. It turned out Von Miller was the Dark Knight, as he was sacking and pressuring Cam was glorious. This little internal narrative of mine was helped by the constant ad presence for Batman V Superman. Congrats, Broncos and Von Miller. Congrats for avenging us. Here's looking forward to my team's 40th season PS: If you're reading Febreeze, I'd like to see a comic where Cam Newton as Superman has the MVP sack-stripped from him by Von Miller as Batman.

Thank you.

I also can't find Parmesan Basil's lovely farewell letter, but I've made enough requests for the day.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Probably Magic posted:

Thank you.

I also can't find Parmesan Basil's lovely farewell letter, but I've made enough requests for the day.

Please don't find it. Attention provides him sustenance.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Please don't find it. Attention provides him sustenance.

Fair. I liked the thread it was in more anyway.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Frank Gore will survive the heat death of the universe.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Korranus posted:

You want to max out those green spaces however

If one more person gives bad monopoly advice I'm going to rage out in ways you lot have never seen before or will ever see again

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Metapod is young and doesn't understand the actions of spreading minsinformation.

The most valuable squares are red and orange because they're most likely to land upon squares due to jail. They're also the cheapest to develop on in the early to mid game. Yellow and Green are both cash sinks that end up having to get flipped when you land on someones red or orange square. Using railroads is only good if you can land all 4, elsewise they're useless. Purple is okay due to it being cheap to develop and you can use up the limited houses on it. Pink and light blue aren't really worth it because jail skips light blue and you'd have to roll snake eyes to land on pink coming out of jail. Utilities are useless. Also there's no such thing as a free parking jackpot and when you don't want a square it goes up to auction, not back to the deed pile.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

On the flip side light blue rule because developing them costs almost nothing and they are able to fund your higher level housing purchases on the more expensive / better properties.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
yeah but which side on the monopoly board is down

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Park Place and Boardwalk loving suck because when you get them nobody lands there and when someone else gets them you always land there

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

If possible, always go slum lord.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Frank Gore is the undisputed champion of Monopoly. He only builds hotels.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Let's Talk About the Inconvenient Truth on the Free Parking Square

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

franke

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BrownThunder posted:

Gas this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Crescent Wrench posted:

Let's Talk About the Inconvenient Truth on the Free Parking Square

Free parking gets the money in the middle from taxes. As God Intended.

• Locked thread