Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
This is a thread for talking about cheap weddings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
A pinky promise and a sweaty night in the sheets

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Expensive weddings are for shallow retards with lovely friends.

The_end
May 17, 2014
Going to the courthouse and not telling anyone you got married. The cheapest way to go.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A pile of poo poo on my chest and a promise to be there in the morning

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
if you are complaining about cheap weddings you a bitch. If you like someone enough to go, you'll have fun. otherwise stay home.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
OP gets government cheese.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm getting married tomorrow (:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nooner posted:

I'm getting married tomorrow (:

Don't do IT!!! jk good luck

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the absolute best way to start a marriage is 100k in debt

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
She is all worried people are going to think it's cheap or not planned well but I keep trying to tell her its a bunch of our friends and family and an open beer and wine bar everyone is just going to have fun no one is going to remember or care about if we had circle or square plates and what color the accent on them was lol

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

cheap weddings good

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

She is all worried people are going to think it's cheap or not planned well but I keep trying to tell her its a bunch of our friends and family and an open beer and wine bar everyone is just going to have fun no one is going to remember or care about if we had circle or square plates and what color the accent on them was lol

haha but they will actually. but its too late now

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Nooner posted:

She is all worried people are going to think it's cheap

Who gives a gently caress but also you are wrong everyone will remember and judge you for the rest of your lives as the idiots who had round plates

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Do it like they used to do: kill any rivals and gently caress in a field

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i know someone who skipped the ceremony in favor of a courthouse wedding, but then donated what their wedding would have cost to charity. to me, that sounded kinda nice while also being incredibly goddamn smug.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

haha but they will actually. but its too late now

this guy isn't joking they will remember

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:shrug: oh well if you dont like our round plates with blush accent you can suck poo poo directly from my rear end in a top hat lol

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i went to my coworker's courthouse wedding during my lunch break

he tried to return to work after the wedding, and my boss would not let him

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Nooner posted:

:shrug: oh well if you dont like our round plates with blush accent you can suck poo poo directly from my rear end in a top hat lol

you didn't even invite me, jerk

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I could tell from your posting the plates would be round

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
ceremony is 4pm in woodland hills if anyone would like to burst in and shout SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I'll be there I got your wife a Linux dvd as a present

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

Blush accent to match your plumage sounds chic.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nooner posted:

ceremony is 4pm in woodland hills if anyone would like to burst in and shout SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM
I'm already scheduled to be harrassing the infirm and incontinent.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Nooner posted:

I would probably drive like 30 minutes somewhere to shout something from the internet at you and yours but I think I'm on the wrong coast.

I hope you and yours have a great day.

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord

Thesaurus posted:

cheap weddings good

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

With an open bar you could have paper plates and be fine. FREE ALCOHOL WHOOPEEEE :toot:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the absolute best way to start a marriage is 100k in debt

100k? Heh you must really hate your wife. If you don't spend at least 200k, you might as well have your marriage at Arby's.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

My sister is getting married the place wants like 75k for rent and catering alone

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
best wishes nooner :)

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nooner posted:

i might do this if you give me more details

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

HELLBITCH posted:

A pinky promise and a sweaty night in the sheets

that’s the good stuff

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tolkien minority posted:

My sister is getting married the place wants like 75k for rent and catering alone

Your sister is mentally disabled. I’m sorry.

I spent like 10k tops including a honeymoon. Her parents were poor so I didn’t accept their money. Stupid tradition anyways imo. I don’t need yo dowery

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Your sister is mentally disabled. I’m sorry.

I spent like 10k tops including a honeymoon. Her parents were poor so I didn’t accept their money. Stupid tradition anyways imo. I don’t need yo dowery

Your wife resents you sorry

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Mine was about $4k in all. That got us a very nice venue with food included. And could have easily been trimmed down to well under 3k if necessary: I bought a good tux and good shoes instead of renting some crap, brought a bunch of bottles of moet, and got us a room at the ritz carlton for that night. Unless you're paying to fly and board a bunch of people to some exotic place, I don't know where all the money goes when people say they spent tens of thousands or even a hundred k on a wedding. it blows my mind.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

10k dj. 20k catering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Mine was about $4k in all. That got us a very nice venue with food included. And could have easily been trimmed down to well under 3k if necessary: I bought a good tux and good shoes instead of renting some crap, brought a bunch of bottles of moet, and got us a room at the ritz carlton for that night. Unless you're paying to fly and board a bunch of people to some exotic place, I don't know where all the money goes when people say they spent tens of thousands or even a hundred k on a wedding. it blows my mind.

i just rented my suit but i kinda wish i bought it cause I look so snazzy in it but oh well its navy blue and i have a blush bowtie and pocket square and brown shoes

• Locked thread