Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
i can do it, with a 10 year plan, i can become a hobo in the big city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
do you pick the city your are a hobo in or does the city you are a hobo in pick you. first year should be spent severing as many ties as possible

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

training montage of folding things up into a bandana on a stick, at the end of the montage i succeed and hop a train and my hobo mentor nods wiselu

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
it is weird to be a hobo with skinny jeans

----------------

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

my new dog posted:

do you pick the city your are a hobo in or does the city you are a hobo in pick you. first year should be spent severing as many ties as possible

uh I think the state of being for a hobo is that they ride the rails and the cities they end up at pick them. it's really more a question of which freight rail line you want to hop and where it goes.

I think the key thing to remember about being a hobo is that you can only get around on your own two feet or by illegally riding in boxcars. you put your thumb up, that makes you a hitchhiker. You maybe ride Greyhound or pay for a train ticket? That makes you a drifter. Neither are enviable states of being in terms of trampdom.

----------------

Manifisto

I am presented with a tower of canned beans. my mentors instruct me to pick one. I am immediately drawn to the tin of cannelini beans, but as I reach towards it I sense a tiny flicker in the eyes of my hobo sensei. my hand keeps moving and grasps the can of kidney beans. although no one speaks, the sense of relief in the room is palpable. I have chosen wisely.

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

Look, you think becoming homeless in the big city is easy?? It takes YEARS of lifting with your lower back and climbing precarious ladders to develop a debilitating work injury in today's over regulated environment. Not to mention the huge disparity in how easy it is to be prescribed opiates at dangerous levels for the mellinial generation versus the boomers. Good luck trying to get addicted so you can graduate into harder drugs and lose everything you have.

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Yesterday I ordered Starbucks by mistake. All the other hobos laughed at me! It was just force of habit, honest. drat, I really slipped up. Next time, I'll just remember to drink whatever liquid pools under the bridge in the city

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

my new dog posted:

it is weird to be a hobo with skinny jeans

I usually go hoboing in my JNCOs and it's worked for me so far

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

Starshark
Fuuuuuuuck I've been drinking turps all night and I've got a BIG hobo signs exam tomorrow I'm going to fail for sure should I withdraw and just take it again next year?

FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZx6TnBRuAk&t=10s

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

my new dog posted:

most people complete the training course in Hoboken

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Manifisto

mister magpie posted:

most people complete the training course in Hoboken

the figure after whom the city was named, Hobo Ken, was truly an inspiration to generations of hobos and the hobo-curious

the rock on which he first laid his bindle and said "looks like a good place to stop for the night and get a fire going to warm up the beans" is preserved as a monument in a park in the center of the city

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
you see this sign? i made it when i was 10, so dont think im lacking in ambition

----------------

• Locked thread