Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I know I know. I only recently grew enough brains to have an attention span for movies.

It's one of my wife's favorite movies so she is guiding me through it. Her all time favorite is Godfather II.

Seems like kind of a bum deal that Godfather has to meet with people all through his daughter's wedding day and give them whatever they want.

Are they in Italy? My wife says it's like New Jersey or NY.

These actors are all really charming, although the cinematography could have more establishing shots and pans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I've never actually seen any of The Godfather movies

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Frank sintatra clone just asked for a part in a movie. True to life, I'm assuming it's the prequel to Die Hard

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The first two are fantastic, third one not as good but worth watching, very strong correct ending imo.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
ooh my wife did not know that there is a deleted scene where frankie's director sleeps with an underage girl. So I provided something to this

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Please tell me you're picking up on the allegory for gays rights.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Wow this Woltz director guy is like the dumbest character. Every other one popped, but this guy is just a flat stereotype

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Peetown Manning posted:

Please tell it to me lke I'm 10. For a guy who has made most of his money writing, I am horribly remedial at movies

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
OH drat! Dude hosed a horse!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Oh, no wait.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Oooh white wall tires. Those are so tacky

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Drunk Nerds posted:

These actors are all really charming, although the cinematography could have more establishing shots and pans.

It probably did, originally, but IIRC, Coppola had to do some brutal cuts to bring it in short enough so the studio would release it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

JnnyThndrs posted:

It probably did, originally, but IIRC, Coppola had to do some brutal cuts to bring it in short enough so the studio would release it.

aahhhhhh. Thanks

Don corleone is hesitant about bringing the drugs to the streets where he grew up. A true hooker with a heart of gold

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Omigosh is Frodo like totally useless?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I would think the Godfather would have a more interesting day-to-day, but apparently it's just powerpoint presentations about drugs and killing people

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Why does Marlon Brando have two low-hanging golf balls in his cheeks? Help, please, my wife cannot explain

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

Why does Marlon Brando have two low-hanging golf balls in his cheeks? Help, please, my wife cannot explain
Brando was a loving nutcase and they let him do what he wanted.

Also yes Don Corleone is like stupid saintly considering.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

He wanted his character to look aggressive, like a bulldog.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fun fact, this movie inspired actual gangsters to start dressing job and affecting class. Before they dressed like any other working stiffs.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Luco Braze seems to have gotten a bum deal

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I feel lke the turk killed luco for being willing to sell out corelone. Why else would there be any interest in killing a low level thug?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The guy who played Luca was so nervous about doing a scene with Brando that he spent all his time on the wedding set rehearsing. Coppolla saw this and made it part of the story.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
enjoy op

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Did you catch the bit about Sonny's dick? In the book it's apparently really explicit that he has a massive dong and injures a girl with it. There's a quick reference to it during the wedding scene.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thanks! My wife and I are REALLY enjoying these tidbits itt

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
frodo. ehhhhh

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drunk Nerds posted:

coppola went to brando and asked him to do his best impression of an italian mafia boss, so marlo stuffed two cotton balls in his cheeks and did his thing, and coppola loved it so there you are

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

Did you catch the bit about Sonny's dick? In the book it's apparently really explicit that he has a massive dong and injures a girl with it. There's a quick reference to it during the wedding scene.

I actually saw two references, I think: The wife or w/e gesturing, and then... someone was giving a speech and gestured to his pelvis then made a thrusting motion with his handds

I can barely remember these characters names, but I catch every dong reference

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I feel lke the turk killed luco for being willing to sell out corelone. Why else would there be any interest in killing a low level thug?

If Luca was alive when there was a hit attempted on the Don, no force on Earth would stop Luca from getting revenge.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
OMG frito loving sucks, why do you even have a gun if you're gonna drop it when your daddy gets shot

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

Luco was a real scary psycho, he literally killed babies (in the book)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MD2020 posted:

If Luca was alive when there was a hit attempted on the Don, no force on Earth would stop Luca from getting revenge.

Oh, so he wasn't low-level, he was a fanatic? Hmmm... seems excessive to my wife... seems confusing to me but then again any movie with more than 3 main characters baffles me. That's why I'm live posting this, mainly, so I can go back and check my notes and not ask my wife " who was that guy again? Oh, the main character? Oh."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Frijole is the best at being the worst.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh, so he wasn't low-level, he was a fanatic? Hmmm... seems excessive to my wife... seems confusing to me but then again any movie with more than 3 main characters baffles me. That's why I'm live posting this, mainly, so I can go back and check my notes and not ask my wife " who was that guy again? Oh, the main character? Oh."

Remember this scene later.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Peetown Manning posted:

Is this like how "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" sounds kind of like that line from Cruel Intentions, "you can put it anywhere you want"?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Why did the tattlaigias shoot corleone? I thought they were in business.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Luca was like the in-universe version of Leon the Professional except real fuckin big and no Natalie Portman

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Drunk Nerds posted:

That's what they wanted the Corleones to think.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

My wife says they were not in business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Tattaglias just a pimp, he could never of out-fought Sonny

• Locked thread