Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I haven't left California in a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i dont even like going to the grocery store

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i knew a guy in grad school who got chewed out because he had no passport but got accepted to a conference in italy and the weekend before was like "so do i go to the dmv for a passport? where do i get one of those?" :shrug:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Virtual reality allows me to travel the world without having to leave my mother's basement op, which I have not left in 27 years

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Blue Train posted:

Virtual reality allows me to travel the world without having to leave my mother's basement op, which I have not left in 27 years

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I've traveled a lot in fact I live 2000 miles from where I grew up and I regret nothing

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Jim Barris posted:

I've traveled a lot in fact I live 2000 miles from where I grew up and I regret nothing

I live in my childhood home and there are few things I don't regret

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I work with people who’ve never left the state their whole life. Me, I’m flying somewhere every month.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i am travelling officer, i am in my conveyance, i have not entered enjoiner with you oh god please stop tasing me

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
When people list off the good stuff about traveling none of it sounds appealing to me. It's not like I've never left the town I was born but I wouldn't go somewhere that I don't have an established connection to. I agree with what DFW said about tourism in consider the lobster and I don't know if that makes me depressed or autistic.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i will judge someone less who's like "born and raised nyc baby i don't need to travel" but too many of these people are in like, bumfuck pa. oh you went to Pittsburgh once? oh boy i bet you eat rear end too you crazy cosmopolitan!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I think travel is hideously important. The American conception of "This is how it works here, it must or otherwise should be the same everywhere else!" is... very, very upsetting and frustrating.

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
I moved to the opposite side of the fuckin planet to live in a city with twice the population of my tiny rear end country and it owns

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Nobody has ever left the place they were born, op.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i've been to six foreign countries in two years (seven if you count Estonia, which...i mean, it's Estronia) and it's legitimately the most enriching life affirming bullshit nonsense that everyone always says it is but there's no way to emphasize that to someone who doesn't travel (aka a coward) without coming off as a total smuglord

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

i've been to six foreign countries in two years (seven if you count Estonia, which...i mean, it's Estronia) and it's legitimately the most enriching life affirming bullshit nonsense that everyone always says it is but there's no way to emphasize that to someone who doesn't travel (aka a coward) without coming off as a total smuglord

I enjoy travelling and you still come off as a smug shitlord sorry friend

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I've never left the United States. I don't know how people get by when they don't even speak English.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the only place i travel is under my bosses desk to clean her shoes with my mouth while i "repair the ethernet connection"

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

I haven't left California in a decade.
same here except... uh... 15 years? Maybe more. and southern california instead of just california

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Leave the house? Gross

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
I've been all over Europe ofc and to the USA one time too (Florida, Michigan and NYC), but I've never been to South America.

I hear good things about Costa Rica.

Confirm/Deny? :dance:

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

autoaim.cfg posted:

I hear good things about Costa Rica.

Confirm/Deny? :dance:
Confirm. But Belize is better.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Smythe posted:

the only place i travel is under my bosses desk to clean her shoes with my mouth while i "repair the ethernet connection"

That’s pretty erotic.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Das Boo posted:

I think travel is hideously important. The American conception of "This is how it works here, it must or otherwise should be the same everywhere else!" is... very, very upsetting and frustrating.

Nah, dumb gently caress mid westerners and southerns travel to (and live in) Los Angeles all the loving time. All it does is make them happy that they live in their poo poo lives at home (or try to make Los Angeles like their poo poo home town). It would be better if we destroyed all their Tvs and Radios, so they don't develop that bullshit osmosis American ideal and actually be active in their communities.

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 18, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Blue Train posted:

I enjoy travelling and you still come off as a smug shitlord sorry friend

i thought we were friends :(

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I've been all over the World and visited around 30 countries backpacking by myself. They were OK but nothing compares to 'Merica :911: So really there is no reason to ever leave your little mid-western town.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 18, 2017

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

People who don't travel are the worst

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

i thought we were friends :(

Sometimes it takes a friend to tell you the hard truths :)

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Who here has travelled without moving?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Heh, yeh I've been all over the world

Of Warcraft

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Nah, dumb gently caress mid westerners and southerns travel to (and live in) Los Angeles all the loving time. All it does is make them happy that they live in their poo poo lives at home (or try to make Los Angeles like their poo poo home town). It would be better if we destroyed all their Tvs and Radios, so they don't develop that bullshit osmosis American ideal and actually be active in their communities.

Weirdly, and I'm not joking, I moved to LA three months ago and was referring to the people who have always lived here. :tinfoil:
LA peeps have some very strange ideas about the mechanics of rural America and also other countries. I have to get weirdly defensive when I try to talk about how society functions in other places.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Egbert Souse posted:

Who here has travelled without moving?

I see what you did there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QUDlugajas

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Das Boo posted:

Weirdly, and I'm not joking, I moved to LA three months ago and was referring to the people who have always lived here. :tinfoil:
LA peeps have some very strange ideas about the mechanics of rural America and also other countries. I have to get weirdly defensive when I try to talk about how society functions in other places.

People from LA and a lot of Cali in general are insufferable as poo poo so get used to it friend

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Can confirm, it does sound like a something a total smuglord would say

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Away all Goats posted:

People who don't travel are the worst

:agreed:

Work with a bunch of country bumpkins. God how I loathe them.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

maskenfreiheit posted:

i will judge someone less who's like "born and raised nyc baby i don't need to travel" but too many of these people are in like, bumfuck pa. oh you went to Pittsburgh once? oh boy i bet you eat rear end too you crazy cosmopolitan!

I have met people born and raised in big cities who are at least as ignorant, suspicious and provincial as any country hayseed

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Kuato posted:

:agreed:

Work with a bunch of country bumpkins. God how I loathe them.

There was a guy I knew who was 29 or 30 who had never been further than fifty miles from his house smdh. He said he was afraid

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Why would I travel anywhere op? I have all the things I need here. In fact, once everything is delivering I won't have to leave home.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Blue Train posted:

There was a guy I knew who was 29 or 30 who had never been further than fifty miles from his house smdh. He said he was afraid

was he a medieval serf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Worse, southern

• Locked thread