Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I luckily do not have to travel to a different city or state to visit people who I only see once a year, many for good reason.

This year dinner is at a cool aunt/uncles house but I will still get to interact with the rest of my extended family. These include the following:

- 8 cousins who all went to the same university. I did not attend thisuniversity because the town is a desert shithole.
- Aunt/Uncle that attended Glen Beck Rallies
- Aunt/Uncle that are active preppers and really believe the ~*race war*~ is coming soon.
- Uncle who asks each year when I am going to buy a house here in southern California. Eat poo poo.
- Uncle who only talks economy and politics.
- Multiple family members who STILL support Trump because BROWN PEOPLE.
- Family who will literally only go to Hawaii and not Mexico or other tropical destinations because its "too dangerous" (lack of white people)

Also, people that like green bean casserole should be stoned to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

I FUCKIN LOVE THANKSGIVING

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

TURKEY AND STUFFING AND TATERS. OH MY!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I just eat dark meat and mac and cheese and burbon mostly

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
My in-laws are coming to my house. My mother in law is a big drunk so I'll be in this thread.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Yikes Chinatown you should not go to Thanksgiving. Just drink alone in front of your computer and post about how bad Trump is on the forums

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
I've got 3 generations of cousins coming who are all weird eaters. 'Oh we don't eat onions, we don't eat nuts, the doctor says I can't eat green vegetables, the kids drink 2 gallons of milk every day so stock up, etc etc'
They're very helpful and sweet and cool, otherwise.
Well, one of the dudes is a gamergate/race-war type, but is easily distracted.

And of course I'm going to be there, and I'm just astonishingly dull.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Yikes Chinatown you should not go to Thanksgiving. Just drink alone in front of your computer and post about how bad Trump is on the forums

theres free booze and food to be had so i will be attending. will probably ghost after dinner though. :)

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
Will spend Thanksgiving with the wife's family, which used to be pretty huge but is now kinda small because the old people died off and all of the adult children have pets instead of kids.

Planning on eating half a pot brownie beforehand and wrecking myself on turkey and carbs. Thanksgiving rules!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

my vegan sister is hosting this year so idk what the food's gonna be

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I love my family and am excited about the prospect of spending time with them.
The turkey tends to be too dry, unfortunately. I always thought turkey just tasted bad when I was a kid, until I went somewhere else one year and realized “Oh wait, it just my family that’s bad at cooking it.” This year they’re making both oven and smoked, so maybe it will be good. The fried turkey we had one year was good.

Space Robot fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 21, 2017

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i make the turkey every year and i pwn it by butchering the carcass and makking a roast out of the breast halves tied up in the skin from the breast and i roast it for a shorter period of time than the legs. i make turkey my BITCH

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I said I wasn't cooking but realtalk I haven't had turkey in a while and kind of want some.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i am lucky. thanksgiving is always with my moms family who is mostly good/cool and sane who are either old school centrist conservatives or liberals. i'll be fine. sucks for OP though.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

turkey is a delicious meat unless grandma gets too drunk and messes up and we end up eating chinese.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
My kid's birthday is on Thanksgiving this year so I'll be too busy and stressed out to bitch in here

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
I live in the desert wasteland of Lancaster, California so my family is a bunch of hyper conservative weirdos who are way too into Fox News and making uncomfortable racially charged remarks. I'll probably spend most of Thanksgiving drinking to ease the suffering. I'd go to a friend's house after dinner, but we're celebrating my mom and my aunt's birthday as well. Bummer.

Oh well, at least the food will be good.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I'm going to be alone. It's going to be so satisfying.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I'm gonna spend 2 hours with my dad's side of the family as a token gesture then go to work

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

this year my thanksgiving will have:
  • my uncle from my dad's side of the family
  • that uncle's son-in-law and his grandson. his daughter (my cousin) is undergoing surgery and won't be joining
  • possibly my neighbor who lives on the same floor as my parents
  • possibly my friend who works at the UN and has no place to go on thanksgiving (she may have too much work to do)
  • a different cousin, his girlfriend, and his two sons. one of them got into University of Pittsburgh and the other one is doing well at WVU and wants to get into politics, and i'm going to try and steer him in the right direction. they'll all be gone by the time we start dinner, though
i've never had a problem with right-wing relatives at thanksgiving, thank god

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I'm going to eat & drink with family and it will be a good time for all except that it's bookended by 14 hours of loving air travel

loving kill me

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I'll be spending thanksgiving with my SIL's family of four daughters who are raging bitches (only to each other thank god). Her whole drat family always has to be the center of attention though and it infuriates me.

Also I love scalloped oysters and my wife's aunt used to bring scalloped oysters but somebody pissed her off a couple years ago and now I don't get scalloped oysters anymore. loving bullshit.

AND it's in the middle of poo poo heap Iowa and there's no phone service so I can't even complain to you dinks.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

im thankful for grate big breasts

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
If you can't survive 12 hours of the most important people in your world exhibiting different politics than your own, please dunk your head in the toilet, because sadly I will be too busy at thanksgiving to give you the swirly you deserve

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna eat and get drunk and then my girlfriend is gonna drive my rear end to go eat and drink AGAIN and then watch mystery science theater with her relatives. Two thanksgivings, minimum, or what are you even doing

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Parallax Scroll posted:

my vegan sister is hosting this year so idk what the food's gonna be

tofurkey owns i'll cut anyone that says otherwise :ese:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

looking forward to sitting down for a few hours while momentarily glancing around at the pained expressions of other family members who ate too much

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I just had my first thanksgivings dinner

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

blugu64 posted:

I just had my first thanksgivings dinner
Glad to hear that little guy :)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

im thankful for grate big breasts

:same:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i, too, love big boobs :freakfuta:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Percelus posted:

i, too, love big boobs :freakfuta:

If you don't, you're a shameful person.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My MIL's stuffing is always soggy and slimy. I hate it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I want pecan pie.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Look upon mine post and grill yourself

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I forsee much suffering on this day to come

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Thanksgiving was off because of a recent death in the family, but now it’s back on because my dipshit brother got a turkey from work.

Carisoprodol & Crown cocktails to the rescue yet again.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

time for all the vegetable sides to be completely uneaten while the cheesy potato goop is gone instantly because everyone in your family is a fat gently caress

thanksgiving should just be a time for families to gather and stuff themselves with cheesy potato goop

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hatred for extended family members aside, I'm extremely jealous at Americans for having Thanksgiving. I'll have to wait until Christmas before I can eat until I'm crying from pain on some rear end in a top hat uncle's dime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

PathAsc posted:

I forsee much suffering on this day to come

come on your company can't be that bad :rolleye:

• Locked thread