Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this will take two weeks to fill so sign me up friendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ypm how have u been surviving the winter without your championship cummerbund to keep your waist warm

yknow

since you lost it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Replace me for lurking and put Hal in, then replace him for lurking and put me in. Just rotate once a day.

This is a good idea for a role...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im the end i will die of old age in the woods man am i fuckin worthless

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i liked the part where i couldn't afford to buy mgs2 but my friend let me borrow the demo disc that came with zone of the enders and man did i get familiar

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

This is the Worst jester game I’ve ever seen.

agree.

##vote sirsamvines

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love me some cqc. thats right, chewy quarterpounder cheeseburgers.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

confession i only played the two nes metal gears, mgs 1-3, and the gbc metal gear aka the 3rd best metal gear

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

because we're in jokephase duh

actually i want to lynch you For Real.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

extremely rude imo

i am sorry

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

guess who has one thumb and just got done with a 13 hour shift?

DIS GUY
<----------------

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when are they remaking mgs3 and will they extend the ladder another 200 feet

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

inf has tunnelled on confirmed clear town before as town i think you might be putting too much stock in relying on him

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Podima posted:

SCUM
Infinitum - as mentioned, coasting and jokevoting instead of his usual bulldog casing style
MMG - same as above but I actually vaguely remember this being MMG's scum MO from Auspol mafia? Can someone from Auspol confirm? Also, commenting only on mod posts/flavor spec and nothing else is scummy.
YPM - previously stated case.
RF - bad casing of SSV and weird timing of "ok I guess I'll finally vote" after pushing the case, but I keep second-guessing myself about whether this is just Opop being opoop. I don't like the naming a number of scum thing they just did though. Ok while writing this I moved him from MAYBE SCUM to SCUM.

MAYBE SCUM
GeneX - has done nothing other than drop a vote on SSV for spurious reasons
Tired Moritz - Noticeable non-participation where I expect better.
Xad - coasting and hasn't made any real reads at all other than a town call on flerp, which is weird for them. I'd almost even vote them today.
STONE COLD 64 - lack of participation isn't really a scumtell for him, but I need to see more than a jester read on SSV.

NEUTRAL
Keane - is joking around and participating but has at least dropped two names. Need casing to back it up.
flerp - at first I thought he was doing better, but now that I reread all I see is 'lynch Infi'. Please case someone else.
Sal - needs to participate more. Nothing egregious one way or another.
JFisk - lurking isn't an alignment tell for him, it's just obnoxious as heck. Will let the mod handle it.
Nevergirls - can't decide here. I might have leaned scummy but they voted along with my YPM case.

LEANING TOWN
BK - has engaged with others' cases, and been consistent with his reads thus far.
Revolver Anidav - has engaged in a couple of ways, good vibe.
bminus - I agree with where his reads are coming from even if I'm not sold on his RF case.
SSV - reacted fine to pressure from his jokephase posting, imo. Also votes piled up real fast on him.
St. Evan - agree with his reads.

TOWN
Podima

I would vote any of the 4 people at the top of the list and will be here through deadline - which is in about 2.5 hours.

For now I'll pull a Max and ##vote Infinitum to see how people react to a 3-way tie where I think 2 of the participants are scum, since the only other YPM vote is Infinitum.

can you expand on your town read for me please i am interested in what makes you think pod is town

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

here is where i stand btw. ssv vote was 10% joking 90% me just hopping on a bandwagon to see if we could possibly turbo someone on day one because that poo poo is hilarious. in the last 8 or so games i have played, i have noticed a pattern of someone declaring jokephase being over and then flipping to be not-town. rf from my own personal experience and in my own opinion, im not stating this as a fact because others probably have different perspective on him, when he's town he tends to be more inquisitive and posting questions kind of in general at nobody, but when he's scum, he shows a precipitation to try and push things in a direction in a kind of abrupt matter but not going all the way with it. so im gonna vote him today based on this. ##vote rf

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

## HAMMER Retro Futurist :redhammer:

hes at six

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

another thing i have learned is i never roll scum, and yet i am always scumread, and even yet i am never lynched and have never lost. real strange i continue to get scum read despite this. sad.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you're next buddy

i am going to hit you with a chair. maybe not today. maybe not tomorrow. but it is going to happen.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this post isn't great enough to break the rule of posting between hammer and flip

he needs ten votes to hammer. he's not hammered yet.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (7): SirSamVimes, Revolver Anidav, BottleKnight, b-minus1, GeneX, STONE COLD 64, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Infinitum (4): flerp, St Evan Echoes, Xad, Podima
SirSamVimes (2): SirSamVimes, flerp, STONE COLD 64, Revolver Anidav, Infinitum, SirSamVimes, Revolver Anidav, GeneX, GeneX, GeneX, Infinitum, flerp, Retro Futurist, Your Personal Muse, GeneX, STONE COLD 64
Lynch No One! (1): Infinitum
Revolver Anidav (1): MysticalMachineGun
Your Personal Muse (1): Podima, Infinitum, Infinitum, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Podima
Xad (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse
SalTheBard (0): St Evan Echoes, Revolver Anidav, Revolver Anidav, St Evan Echoes
CCKeane (0): MysticalMachineGun, SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes, MysticalMachineGun

Not Voting (4): CCKeane, Jonathan Fisk, SalTheBard, Tired Moritz

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 29th, 2017 at 3 p.m. AEDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 48 minutes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

arent extra votes usually a town role?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Infinitum posted:

There were no deaths last night because I was the NK target

But I did die~

are you a ghost dude

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hay everybody. Last 2 games I was in iirc were d1 nolynch which I felt was the most antitown thing ever. so rather than risk it this time I took action. I have other Things I Can Do Under Specific Circumstances but this was a once-per-game dealy. the hidden flip is not related to my action AFAIK.

so anyway who are we voting for today

i want to vote mills but he isnt in this game

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flerp posted:

infi is liquid snake and now his arm is attached to ocelot obv

so by this, i should vote ocelot?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Going into meeting now. Will check in later to see what info people have to share :nyoron:

I am very much alive

are you infected with FOXDIE if so i am so sorry i want to help yuo settle your affairs

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gonna vote anidav if we cant figure anything out in a few hours. its my Default.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

[B]##vote anidav

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rf is always hard for me to gauge and read in every game i've played with him, hes the most white noise vanilla poster to ever grace these forums who somehow gets in on every single game. if retro futurist was an ice cream, he'd be vanilla. actually, i take that back, because sometimes there are people who like vanilla. so i am glad hes dead.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rf the person however is cool and someone i would Hang Out With. just as a mafia poster i can never get anything out of him regardless of alignment. literally, his lack of flip is by far the most RF way for him to die n1, as a complete nonfactor contributing no useful information to the game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote podima the good boy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flerp posted:

pod i dont believe u, im sry. i think someone not flipping, which is an attribute assigned to death miller, is a reasonable thing to suspect of rf. theres other explanations, of course, but i dont death miller is that bizarre. i think its even more bizarre youre saying that i said this on d2, when we have a flipless player on d1? when am i supposed to bring up that rf could possibly be a death miller? if not d2, when? i dont understand why this is a weird thing to say when it feels like a reasonable thing to think, to me at least. anyways i also find some other things you are saying really weird.

i find it weird that you brought up my dbz maf mishap, because it felt oppurtunistic and slimy. it feels like an odd character attack which i feel like youre above, as a player. it also reminds me of movie poster mafia where you said you took advantage of thranguy's inexperience to get him lynch and im getting a similar vibe that youre trying to set me up in some way. but not in an honest way, in a way "oh i bet if i hammer this home he'll dig his own grave and ill get the mislynch"

i find it weird that you insist rf is scum. i feel like its not in town's best favor to believe they're in a state of advantage because paranoia and stress is what makes people be aware of people's posting and can help them catch out weird things.

obv maybe im looking into things too much because im the one directly being accused, but im rly not the kind of mafia player to say "you're accusing me, so you must be scum" but i feel like youre not playing your usual town game and things are making me good hmmmmmm.

there was somethin really bothering me about pod so far and i hit the things that bothered me about him.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jeez theres a lot of posts to catch up on

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'm not really seeing the case on YPM here, and I think the ability to roll back a lynch is more of a town one in how akin it is to a vote multiplier. Because we have an hour left, I'm gonna ##vote Xad since I feel less good about him than YPM.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i'm down for a tm vote if everyone else is because thats who i like the least of anyone here.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flerp posted:

and since i rly feel like this ability to make a masonry is mostly worthless yeah i made the masonry

flerp we never get to talk

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flerp posted:

my ability is called Codec

i can choose a player each night, and the masonry comes up at the beginning of the day. at the end of the next day, it ends.
wait if you can do this then why is ypm otacon

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ypm whats up

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

From a quick glance at Fisk's posts, Podima seems pretty towny, even if I still agree with most of Fisk's points.
:|

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Man i don't know if i like this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

We just had two deaths after Infinitum claimed to empowered someone to give them double actions.

Someone claimed to visit both of them and everyone is just nodding and thinking, "they can't be the killer?!"

##vote ypm

I'm not gonna play mental gymnastics to not pick the obvious culprit.
i dont know how obvious it is. It feels too...neat? We have two dead poisoners, a person that walks around that can kill specific people, a dead scum, but i do question why ypm would target someone who claimed to have been a kill target once already

• Locked thread