Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
This will be just like one of my Japanese animes!!!!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

STONE COLD 64 posted:

ypm how have u been surviving the winter without your championship cummerbund to keep your waist warm

yknow

since you lost it

rude.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Each MGS is special in their own way

I would like to be the guard that was tricked into thinking it was nighttime because an owl made noise

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Podima posted:

eat poo poo quidnose

but for unrelated reasons

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Snake...can love bloom on the battlefield?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Xad posted:

Yeah despite me owning the Metal Gear Solid Collection for PS2 (it's just 1-3 bundled in a box) I've only played part of 1 (just past the Psycho Mantis fight? There's a sniper or something?) and Revengeance :v:

Wait two people scumslipped and this guy didn’t vote for them?

##vote xad

:smuggo: that’s why they call me scumhunter revolver

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Do it

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Podima posted:

hot take, this is a bad reason to drop a vote, even for jokephase. ##vote ypm

Wait, are you saying that voting someone for not voting the scumslippers instead of just voting the scumslippers themselves is suboptimal play???!?!?!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

BottleKnight posted:

this post is bad

No, in fact it was Good because SSV was very self-conscious.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Too lazy to look but whomever was vote #3 on that dude is the scum

It was Inf who is only scum if I don't think he's scum

BottleKnight posted:

This is a weird defense. Even if you think RF is right it doesn't mean his post wasn't scummy. Especially since I didn't explain my logic. This post doesn't sit right with me either.

Its not. If RF is right and has a reason for saying it, its not scummy.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Inf...bad at mafia?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
It’s a fact that only scum vote for SSV

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
That was literally every mafia player in history because we are all big babies

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
As much as I despise Inf because he’s awful and the worst and a blight on our community, he will be fun in this game and I will not vote him today

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

St Evan Echoes posted:

Yeah you wouldn’t want to lose your scumbro this early

And you wouldn't want to lose your two easy targets so you don't have to bother manufacturing content.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
no.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Ok, please give me the case on Inf since it’s so scummy not to want to vote him.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also serious vote ##vote SSV

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
RF now speaks for me as we have the same brain apparently

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hello, Inf. I am what you would call checking in

Also, for the record, I didn't flip flop on SSV and I don't know why Pod doesn't get that joke and it made me sad

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
flerp why are you so bad as a lyncher? I thought you would be better as that role

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
But Inf is bad

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Podima posted:

bep bop i am scum hunt robot

(also i legit didnt get the joke, you can explain it to me after the game)

Hmm think about who voted SSV (it was SSV)(I was saying SSV is scum)(don't worry I'm a scum hunt robot too when I get into gear and people don't like me)

Also I think I have turned off my brain until Inf does his thing, my eyes are glazing over what's happening

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Yes I agree we shall vote the only one playing

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Jonathan Fisk posted:

idk his playing is kinda hollow at least tonight. Lotta flash, little substance

Yeah it’s what I usually do day 2 and there is never substance to it. I’d probably be yelling about nothing too if I didn’t think Inf might do something interesting

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

SirSamVimes posted:

[b]##vote fisk

????????????????!!!!!!!!!!??????

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
SSV is at the top of my scum murder list and I think flerp and Pod might be town because of it (ignore that part that’s for me to question myself why I wrote that like day 5)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Nah that screams as a scum safe vote to me, but I can’t really articulate why

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I guess I don’t see someone with a town mindset read the flerp v pod slapflight, ignore it, and vote you. You not answering the open question is votable but not really a scum tell, and you aren’t getting lynched over it, making a vote on you safe, assuming you are town and not scum as is your nature. However, flerp or pod could get lynched, thus a scum might be disinclined to vote for them at this stage if they know they are town, because scum are paranoid twats.

It’s a stretch, but I just dont see the town propulsion to make that vote.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Let me get to a computer so I can properly quote and respond. I will start out by saying I wasn’t saying Xad and inf scumslipped, i was saying bminus and Inf scumslipped because they talked about the scum doc.

Plainly though, I am town and I can confirm it tonight.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Well, I guess I can’t confirm I’m town, but I can confirm I have a town night action

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Infinitum posted:

Wow 90 new posts of nothing.

Boring.

A snooze fest

Do you know what's not boring?

Full claiming Day 2 and getting scum lynched. :siren:

I am Revolver Ocelot- Scum Aligned Traitor

Or at least I was until I got killed last night.

Now I am LIQUID Ocelot - Town Aligned Saulus <<Click for explanation. Welcome to a Bastard Setup gents.

I did have abilities, which have now been stripped. I'm pure vanilla town now.

Unfoooooortunately I've got good news and bad news on that front..

But first! Lets talk about D1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:siren: I was not informed who scum were :siren:
:siren: Scum were informed that I was the traitor :siren:

I have to trust that Birdstrike would not purposely lie to a player.
So I must assume the above info, containt in my D1 role PM, to be true.

The scum team knew I was the traitor.

Guess what I did D1? I was a good little traitor, who tried my very very best to sneak under the radar and find out who scum were to team up; as it would be much harder to drop hints later on.

Here's me asking for scum to make a jokepost reply to try and start feeling things out

Here's b-minus1 replying with a joke and talking about not owning any Metal Gear games

To which Xad replies

Followed by YPM quoting Xad and stating

HMMMM 2 people 'scumslipped' apparently? Except he's the first to mention it + he mentions the 'revolver' name out of nowhere.
Reading between the lines a bit I believe him to be insinuating that those '2 people' are me and Xad; and not that they are scum for not playing Metal Gear games (Or he'd have made it clearer [Watch YPM try to wiggle out of it by claiming it was])

So that's 2 names on my potential scumbud list already. A good start for Traitor McTraitorface!

Up next here is me blatantly stating I am a traitor who will betray people, hoping to get some quote replies

Then me posting various Ocelot pics, again hoping to get some quote replies

No bites unfortunately.

Then it gets interesting.

YPM replies to NevergirlsOFFICIAL who plays the Third voter is always scum card

I latch onto it, hoping for some confirmation from a 'scumbud'

:siren: BINGO :siren:

Xad, already on my potential scumbro list, jumps in.

Then we have a long chain of posts you can read by clicking here

:siren: To which St Evan Echoes and flerp jump :siren:

No doubts about it.

Again you have to read between the lines, a lot, but I took this as scum reaching out to me to try and make it known who they are.

So the list, at this point in time, stands at 4 potential scumbros
- Xad
- YPM
- St Evans Echoes
- flerp

My D1 posting ends here, as I went to bed at this point

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttt thankfully the fun continues!

:siren: Oh look. Potential scumbros flerp and Echoes are friends now! And Echoes is my scumbud :siren:

Thanks for confirming Echoes to me flerp!
:allears:

:siren: Not wanting to be outdone. Echoes doubles down on confirmation theatre! :siren:

Thanks for confirm YPM as well, Echoes!
:allears:

A lot of discussion follows on alignments, followed by Nevergirls hammering Retro.

============================================

So the good news is I'm pretty loving sure the following dudes are scum
- Xad
- YPM
- St Evans Echoes
- flerp

Xad I'm less sure about as he did not get 'confirmed' to me by the other 3

I even posted their names earlier at the start of the day, so you know this isn't some made up bullshit as I did want to reveal this huge rear end info dump

(Phones autocorrect got Xad to Dad, and I forgot Echoes name because he is a new player)

Now the bad news...

-Ok so again, why would I say Xad scumslipped when you and bminus mentioned a scumdoc. I said that he didn't vote two people who scumslipped, not that he scumslipped. And I mentioned revolver because its a mgs thing my friend, although I can understand why you think that is a tell.

-The whole Inf is scum if I don't think he's scum...how does that prove anything? How is that a hidden message? Why would I say that if I knew you were scum and trying to communicate that to you? I know its stupid to get into this, but if you are scum only when I think you are not scum, then you wouldn't be scum if I knew you were scum, if that makes sense.

-Me saying that I wouldn't vote for you is what it says on the tin. I don't remember you being that helpful in non role madness games because you had no dimmer, but in role madness games you made stuff happen, like this one.

The only thing you ended up doing is giving me the ability to send two messages to two different people tonight.

I don't quite understand you logic, Inf, and I'm not saying that to be a dick or anything. I'm saying that because I'm town and I can prove my night action, and really don't want to be lynched just because someone shuts their ears and refuses to engage with me (not saying you will, just making sure that it happens)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
It reads to me that you saw that I called myself revolver and that colored all my future posts, even my first post because in no universe did I say Xad scumslipped.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Actually, I’m pretty sure that me sending out messages (assuming I don’t get blocked again) is string evidence I’m not scum. Why would bird put a messenger on the scumteam when that messenger could send a list of the scum to Inf, Inf dies, and positively rats the whole scumteam out

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I can confirm I have two night actions

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Revolver Anidav posted:

I was also wondering why B-minus dropped off of Inf's list, but I want going to say anything so he could be lulled into complacency, thinking he'd been forgotten.

You getting blocked so you can't prove a D1 message sounds very convenient. Was it a magical snowglobe blocker?

Even if YPM is town though, and that part of Inf's theory is wrong, Xad sounds very scum.

Xad sounds very defensive about Inf's post, when it should at least prove that Inf is a misguided townie who's super excited about thinking he's solved the game. Inf is a little cartoon pug chasing his own tail in circles and barking with glee. Even if he's completely wrong, the more genuine response is to smile at how adorable the stupid puppy is instead of getting mad and calling it a bad dog.

Inf is very locked in on wanting to lynch YPM first, and has Xad at "lesser" suspicion. So Xad would have time to try and argue out of it, or time for Inf's theory to be discredited if YPM flips town. So this defensiveness makes even less sense. Xad can't handle the truth. And kicks puppies.

1) You are very aggressive. It’s weird because Inf doesn’t have an airtight case, so there’s no reason to be like that, as I am responding to the allegations.

2) I don’t actually know if it was blocked, I assumed that it was, but it said action failed. I tried to send a message to Pod.

3) If I can send out a message tonight, I’m still proven right, so I don’t know why you are acting like it’s convenient or anything.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Revolver Anidav posted:

Cause it's calling you scummy lol. The convenient part would be if you are scum and fakeclaiming the message ability. Even if you get lynched tomorrow for coming up short again, you get to live just one more night to use your hypercharge.

I guess but there’s a billion other things I could’ve claimed or argued that gives me a longer shelf life than one day.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
To put it on the record, Pod’s reply to my SSV vote explanation makes me think scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I know I said I didn’t agree with Fisk but thinking about it, his response was odd

• Locked thread