Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
got my cool ranch doritos, blue game fuel, my blue piece, and I'm down for another night of crushing fools at Sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The ink on the documents was still drying as he contemplated his postion in life. If his friends could only see him now! He was the proud owner of some prime real estate, an investment that was sure to pay dividends for him for as long as he held the deed. Sure, he signed a lot of paperwork for this transaction- the realtor was still there at the table with him, along with his lawyer; the representative from the bank was looking over everything, and of course his dear mother was there. She beamed with pride at her son, Propery Owner, Land Holder- a dream she held for so long for her only child. At last that day had come, he now was the sole owner of both Baltic AND Mediterranean Avenue. The income would flow...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
John, Ed, Chester and Rich are playing Axis and Allies at Rich's house

John: Alright, it's my turn- I'm attacking Japan from Northern Africa!

Rich: Uh, no you're not! You don't have the bombers to do it, so the range is too long!

John: I'm using an ICBM.

Rich & Ed at the same time: YOU HAVEN'T RESEARCHED IT YET!

John: No, I'm for real using an ICBM *produces a military style control box decorated with Russian letters, numbers, and presumeably launch instructions*

Rich, Ed, Rich's mom and Chester: WHAT THE FUDGE!

John: You can get anything on Alibaba, even if it takes a long time! *activates launcher, rocket rumbles in the distance* I'm so sick of this game taking forever, let's end it NOW!

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
"What the gently caress" I screeched "are you DOING??"

Sam's face was white with surprise and fear, and he pushed himself backwards into the couch as if he could tunnel through the cushions and escape his mistake, or maybe me.

"W-what, dude, I-" he stuttered, but I cut him off. Excuses would do him no good today.

"The bird takes two cherries," I continued, "NOT THREE! He's NO DIFFERENT FROM THE DOG!"

Sam began to whine like a cornered dog, his knuckles white as he gripped the arm of the couch as if to reassure himself that he was still alive.

"Jesus CHRIST" I say, slapping the board off the table, my enthusiasm dampened by the smell of his piss as he wet himself, "what do I even bother playing Hi-Ho Cherry-O with you?"

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

Koishi Komeiji

Look at all these board game posers right here. Sorry, but if your game doesn't have 5 different manuals, 100+ pieces, a vhs tape, a giant plastic mountain that has to be set up each time, and take an hour to get started it ain't no board game.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

The Great Desert. It is hot. My cap feels heavy as my staff desperately attempts to scramble enough resources for our tanks. Our troops. Tom made a small mathematical mistake, just a tiny one in multiplication, for those life-saving supply dumps two hundred hours ago and now it's coming to bite us in the rear end. The fuel is evaporating, we still haven't switched to mid-war jerry cans yet, still those 50-gallon drums. Seven percent of fuel every month, instead of three like everyone else. At least we're not the Italians. Our lines are holding out, but this is only the 500th hour. Hundreds more to go. Life is hard in North Africa.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
"OK Dan," Chris says, "lets roll you a character. Were you thinking a melee build or a ranged build for this adventure path?"
I pause.
"Er, Chris, roll me a what?" I say, with a laugh.
There is a sudden intake of breath. Everyone in the room freezes. Emma, halfway through ripping open a bag of Doritos, stops in her tracks, chips falling into her lap like garbage into a landfill. Mark pauses by the sink, where he was filling a cup with some water. The water is now overflowing out the side, over his hands, but Mark doesn't seem to care. He doesn't even seem to be alive, except for the suddenly shaky breaths I see moving his chest.
Chris cocks a dangerous eye my way.
"Daniel," he says, "I thought you were a gamer?"
"I-I am," I say, "CoD, Halo, Mass Effe-"
There is a crash from the kitchen, and I see Mark has dropped his glass on the counter, where it has shattered. A slow moan escapes his lips. Emma's eyes are darting back and forth between Chris and I like a dog watching a tennis match.
I look back at Chris and see that he has a knife in his hand.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Currently reading the rules for a wargame that takes about 50-100h to play, since my friends are excited to play it. The rulebook is only ~50 pages, and this is one of the lighter "monster" games until we start playing stuff like campaign for north africa when it gets re-released in a few years.

This is a realpost. :negative:

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
speaking of realposts and

I had this when I was a kid. We could never figure it out though.

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust
i thought i had it all figured out... i was ready to make my accusation. just as i opened my lips to announce my decision, i realized i just how wrong i was... DEAD wrong.

turns out, sean killed me in the dining room with a knife. about 27 times in the chest according to the police report

PS this is a ghost post

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

Majuju

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Chill la Chill posted:

Currently reading the rules for a wargame that takes about 50-100h to play, since my friends are excited to play it. The rulebook is only ~50 pages, and this is one of the lighter "monster" games until we start playing stuff like campaign for north africa when it gets re-released in a few years.

I had some friends who used to invite people over to play twilight imperium, which is 1/1000th of this game, and it would take ten hours or more. a quarter of this would be fun, the other 75% would be five people looking at their phones for an hour at a time while the two remaining players who had any sort of decent board position took their turns. I can't imagine what Serious Wargames attentive:distracted ratio ends up being

meanwhile cribbage is the best game and I got some metal pegs now yeehaw!!!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Full. Contact. TIDDLY-WINKS.

think about it...

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

*finishes writing down a page of notes for this game*
*places page next to 5 other similar pages*
*gets out the highlighter*

Majuju posted:

I had some friends who used to invite people over to play twilight imperium, which is 1/1000th of this game, and it would take ten hours or more. a quarter of this would be fun, the other 75% would be five people looking at their phones for an hour at a time while the two remaining players who had any sort of decent board position took their turns. I can't imagine what Serious Wargames attentive:distracted ratio ends up being

meanwhile cribbage is the best game and I got some metal pegs now yeehaw!!!

They just released twilight imperium 4th edition and everyone's going gaga over it

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

So there’s this beautiful wargame called Napoleon’s Triumph. I would absolutely call it the Michaelangelo’s paintings on the roof of the Sistine Chapel of board games. Here’s the thing: the rules are written like code, and absolutely wonderful as a reference, but terrible for learning the game. The rulebook is 10 pages. The annotated rulebook is 30, with a dozen more cheat sheets dedicated to just learning the game: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/18098/napoleons-triumph/files

But once it clicks, it’s like looking through Matrix code. Absolutely beautiful.

FutonForensic

I couldn't handle the dust swirling around the tomb any longer. I twitched, shuddered and finally sneezed, creating an echo throughout the stony enclosure.

Immediately, a green, sickly light shone through the cracks of the central sarcophagus. Captain Ferdinand turned to me in horror. "You fool!" he cried, brandishing his torch at me. "You've awoken the Lich Daddy! You broke the only rule! We're all hosed!"

"HELLO, ALL hosed." boomed the last voice I would ever hear. "I'M DAD."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Do you enjoy the idea of trading in a volatile market but without risking your actual money (besides the game)? Do you love spreadsheets as much as I do?

Now shipping For-Ex, the foreign exchange market game. :peanut:

• Locked thread