Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Another year, another holiday when America (not Canada) takes two days off of work and dedicates them to stuffing our pie hole and then trampling each other to death in an attempt to get a discounted Xbox. Meanwhile your stupid country doesn’t even have native Americans to teach your white people how to deep fry a turkey, so you’re probably working while we’re all eating until we can’t move. And then you get to hear about it all over the internet. If so, this is the thread for you. Here you can complain about America, ask questions about thanksgiving, or just talk about how your ordinary Thursday is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

What's with the roast turkeys... do they represent Amerindians or something?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
doin lsd for thanksgiveaway...i'm gonna be the roast turkey :2bong:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

BigBadSteve posted:

They represent America's delicious native bird, and our friendship with and subsequent conquest of the American Indians. And it doesn’t have to be roasted, you can cook it in many ways.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

This is like the 59th "lol ze stupid americans with their ter keys and their fütbols" thread about thanksgiving in the last 3 days

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

This is like the 59th "lol ze stupid americans with their ter keys and their fütbols" thread about thanksgiving in the last 3 days

The difference is this thread is by Americans who can be like lol our stupid Turkeys and Footballs are still more important than Other Country. Any Zimbabweans want to ask about the origin of cranberry?

Woden
May 6, 2006

BigBadSteve posted:

A symbol of the American ignorance that resonates throughout their culture.

It's a bird named after a country in yet another case of "they all look the same to me", shared with people they call Indians who aren't Indians, a people they later killed or enslaved and no longer invite to the table, all in non ironic celebration of what they're thankful for.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
When is it

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Isaac posted:

When is it

Today my time, not sure your time.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maybe yesterday my time? I hope i havent missed it

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Isaac you heel

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
What's the difference between Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, on a practical level?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

what does that one turkey have to do to get a presidential pardon? Is there some secret turkey thunderdome where there can be only one great survivor and the rest end up deep fried

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus

spog posted:

What's the difference between Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, on a practical level?

Ham instead of turkey

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What's a jive turkey and how does it affect thanksgiving?

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

spog posted:

It's always on a Thursday so lots of people get four day weekends while a bunch of other people have to work Black Friday in a room that smells like flop sweat and gravy farts.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

spog posted:

You don't get any presents on Thanksgiving

You are still supposed to eat a big rear end "dinner" at 4 PM though

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Thanksgiving kind of sounds like torture.
Like, "church at Sunday" torture.

Two days off from work does sound appealing though.
Alas, that snow won't shovel itself.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Avirosb posted:

It depends on who you spend it with. It's just a bunch of people getting together for a big dinner. Usually those people are family, but sometimes groups of friends do it.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

The Management posted:

and then trampling each other to death in an attempt to get a discounted Xbox.

That's what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpTJuiWz6LM

That was a few years ago when it was a fresh import and people probably thought the craziness surrounding it in the US was license to be idiots with it over here, people quickly realised it was ridiculous and people have behaved a lot better since then.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
tbqh a free for all brawl for prizes and a big feast with the family sound nice, but it would make a lot more sense to put the brawl before the feast, I mean has any of you gotten in a fist fight after an all you can eat chinese buffet? You don't exactly fight at full strength, and puking on the other dude, while fun and effective, is rather messy.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Creamed Cormp posted:

tbqh a free for all brawl for prizes and a big feast with the family sound nice, but it would make a lot more sense to put the brawl before the feast, I mean has any of you gotten in a fist fight after an all you can eat chinese buffet? You don't exactly fight at full strength, and puking on the other dude, while fun and effective, is rather messy.

only retards go to stores in america, you can order all this poo poo online now

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Americans are extremely loving fat and stupid

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Two days off work?

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Avirosb posted:

As an alien visiting us from another planet, I do hope you are taking notes.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Extra Large Marge posted:

Two days off work?

Thanksgiving and "If you make me come in I'll just take leave like everybody else in the company so just give us the day off" Friday.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
How do Americans feel about turkey sandwiches

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Avirosb posted:

Nah, it’s good unless your family is awful and you can’t stand being with them. Instead of working you sit around all day watching tv and drinking beer until it’s time to eat.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

solar energy panel posted:

As an alien visiting us from another planet, I do hope you are taking notes.

So wait, not ALL American Thanksgivings are like that one episode of Titus?

The Management posted:

Nah, it’s good unless your family is awful and you can’t stand being with them. Instead of working you sit around all day watching tv and drinking beer until it’s time to eat.

I don't think I'd survive that.
Watching TV I mean. Commercial break every 15 minutes? C'mon.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mr.Tophat posted:

How do Americans feel about turkey sandwiches

You eat them for a week after tgiving

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

It depends on who you spend it with. It's just a bunch of people getting together for a big dinner. Usually those people are family, but sometimes groups of friends do it.

If it's with friends it is friendsgiving hth

paul_soccer10 posted:

Americans are extremely loving fat and stupid

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Last year one of my roommates and I went to a sushi restaurant with 4 bottles of wine for tgives. It was awesome. I think they started hating us about halfway through the third bottle.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

So you a breast man or a leg man? Thanks for taking my question American swine

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Solice Kirsk posted:

Last year one of my roommates and I went to a sushi restaurant with 4 bottles of wine for tgives. It was awesome. I think they started hating us about halfway through the third bottle.

my family goes to the seafood buffett every year for thanksgiving

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Try frying a turkey right from the freezer, it comes out really good. Put your head directly over the fryer to smell the goodness when you plunge it in.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Noblesse Obliged posted:

So you a breast man or a leg man? Thanks for taking my question American swine

If you’re going to put one of the several sauces or gravies available on it, you’re going to want to go with the white meat. If you’re eating it straight up, dark meat has better flavor.

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012
dont lie to us Americans we know you just deep fry the whole turkey and serve it on a stick

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
Could you jam a whole Christmas ham in a turkey fryer?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Benjamin Arthur posted:

dont lie to us Americans we know you just deep fry the whole turkey and serve it on a stick

Ha did you say this knowing about deep fried turkey or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Deep fried turkey is delicious.

• Locked thread