Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
All I wanted was a quality 75" 4K TV. (Not a no-name and not a LG with it's RGBW crap.) It was $2000 last year. It's still around $2000 this year. gently caress them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
"all i wanted" :qq: thread is 1st world problems af

anyway im sure by now stores realized stupid shoppers just take massive shopping today as a tradition

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

gary oldmans diary posted:

I'll give you a first world problem :grin:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

a hole-y ghost posted:

I'll give you a first world problem :grin:
ill show you where you can stick your first world problem buddy *bends over* right here!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
It isn't black friday yet unless you live in australia or something

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That TV is too big.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

It was never good, OP.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

That TV is too big.

Death to America

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Alright guys I've finished eating time to go get in line until tomorrow so I can hopefully get some cheap useless bullshit and also not trampled to death :patriot:

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
Is this one of those 'ITT we are entitled shitbags on Black Friday' threads? If so, pretty funny stuff so far, OP.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Think about having a 75 inch television in your house. That's six feet wide. How is that useful or comfortable?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chilling out with my TV-sized couch and mattress-sized television in my 10 x 20 foot living room.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
"is black friday getting worse" is the "whats the deal with airplane peanuts" of our generation.

tho for real peak black friday was like 2012 getting dual 500gb velociraptor hds for like $40. also got a lot of stuff that year for really cheap.

I did snag a nice samsung IPS 144hz monitor last year incl WD2 for like $200. i think you kind of have to have a specific few items you want

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
just a little bit before hdmi 2.1 comes out is a dumb time to shop for a tv imo

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I used to have a 90 inch tv and it was a bit large but it hung on the wall and wasn't in the way of anything so what's the big deal. It's better than the old rear-projection 52" HDTV I had when i lived at home that was enormous and couldn't be lifted by a single person.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

just a little bit before hdmi 2.1 comes out is a dumb time to shop for a tv imo
is that really going to matter at all?

serious question b/c i don't follow hardware anymore

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

FactsAreUseless posted:

That TV is too big.

reminder that fahrenheit 451's dystopia included literal wall-sized televisions

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ElectricSheep posted:

reminder that fahrenheit 451's dystopia included literal wall-sized televisions
Fahrenheit 451 warned us about three things:

1. Large TVs
2. Bad drivers
3. Fire officials

I look around at our m*ssed-up society today and heck, I see all three.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
One of my buddies bought a 60 inch TV, returned it a week later when Trump won for a 65 inch curved 4k tv to celebrate.

That's my TV story

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Xaris posted:

tho for real peak black friday was like 2012 getting dual 500gb velociraptor hds for like $40. also got a lot of stuff that year for really cheap.
wd velociraptors were for newbs who dont just buy high aerial density drives and then make a fast partition in the outer cylinders and use the inner cylinders for bonus storage. plus doesnt sound like a jet engine

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Xaris posted:

is that really going to matter at all?

serious question b/c i don't follow hardware anymore
if youre ever going to hook up a pc or console to it (probably since tvs last a long time) youre gonna want that variable frame rate. you might not think it should make that much difference but the perceived difference is actually big

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

One day God will smite everyone responsible for black friday and that's the only solace i take about my life or the world I live in anymore.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
There is no such thing as a TV that is too big. People used to think 50" was too big, it's not. 75" will be a bit smallish after a few days.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NihilismNow posted:

There is no such thing as a TV that is too big. People used to think 50" was too big, it's not. 75" will be a bit smallish after a few days.
50 inches is also too big.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is this the part where you tell us you don't even have a TV?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

50 inches is too big? i thought it was 40. this is very unsettling

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

That’s not what she said :grin:

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I got $50 off another Sonos speaker and didn't even have to go to Best Buy. Sounds pretty good to me

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NihilismNow posted:

Is this the part where you tell us you don't even have a TV?
I have multiple TVs, but they are of a reasonable size.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I thought so too but he fit.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna guess my tv is 32 inches? Idk. I think 42 would be right for the space but I don't need it. I can't imagine needing a 75 inch anything

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have multiple TVs, but they are of a reasonable size.

I have pretty bad eyesight so I need an enormous TV so I can play my shooting games without sitting 1 foot from the screen. Anything under 52" is too small imho.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I have pretty bad eyesight so I need an enormous TV so I can play my shooting games without sitting 1 foot from the screen. Anything under 52" is too small imho.
I've noticed that the text in games keeps getting tinier, so I understand this.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

yeah I eat rear end posted:

yeah gently caress optometrists IMO

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
6 qt instant pot just hit lowest price ever on amazon and goons recommend it highly so im going to replace my slow cooker with it and occasionally use it for rice when im too lazy to use my pressure cooker

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLYWNYQ/

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I have bad eyesight something like -6.25 in each eye and I just wear glasses and have a 32 inch TV and it's fine

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

6 qt instant pot just hit lowest price ever on amazon and goons recommend it highly so im going to replace my slow cooker with it and occasionally use it for rice when im too lazy to use my pressure cooker

that's p good

we have the fagor equivalent we got for christmas last year, it's pretty nice but i think the vacuum seal is leaking or something and not keeping pressure

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I did the same.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The instant pot is intriguing but I have a pressure cooker and slow cooker already so can't really justify it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Chief McHeath posted:

yeah gently caress optometrists IMO

I lost my glasses a couple years ago and have been too lazy to replace them and my contacts get too dried out from not blinking enough give me a break.

• Locked thread