Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Look at that rocket... I 100% guarantee you he got this idea from watching looney tunes. That is some Wile E. Coyote type poo poo he is gonna strap himself into.

If you ask me... this guy is a great American. I donno what I mean by that exactly but something about this makes me think this dude should be up there on Mount Rushmore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Placeholder for obituary

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
holy gently caress, what an elaborate way to kill yourself

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXI1PDTp5gk

Foolhorn
Dec 5, 2003

Remember kids, be like Billy. Behave yourself.
So is the rocket going to race out from under him while he stays suspended in midair, blinks twice and holds up a "help" sign?

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
We all know he’s going to die and that we can laugh at that, but what really sucks is that it means his “research” will be inconclusive and flat-earthers will smugly carry on their madness, and probably even blame the failure on whatever conspirators are starring in their current delusions.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
His last words will be "Oh poo poo", uttered when he notices that the tiny emergency chute he believed would let him land safely back on the ground was left outside the rocket next to a half-drank bottle of Natty Light.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He has done one other rocket launch, and the g-forces hosed his body up for days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3feaiPcv6yE

Look at this loving parachute at the end of that flight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp2q_dKuc-c

Can you imagine if this dude dies in his home made rocket, trying to prove that the earth is flat? He's going to be a loving legend

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

cabron

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Or, OR, he is successful and shares his results and his fellow crazies will think he’s part of the conspiracy, like anyone else who demonstrates an ounce of logic.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Rip mad mike

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
foxnews.com indeed

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

His last words will be "Oh poo poo", uttered when he notices that the tiny emergency chute he believed would let him land safely back on the ground was left outside the rocket next to a half-drank bottle of Natty Light.

Look at that chute from his last flight... I say there is a 50% chance he goes to pull his chute tomorrow and instead his luggage all comes out everywhere, or an anvil or some poo poo

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ContraBoss posted:

Or, OR, he is successful and shares his results and his fellow crazies will think he’s part of the conspiracy, like anyone else who demonstrates an ounce of logic.

Dude if he comes back to earth fully intact there is no way he steps out of that rocket saying "I was wrong the earth is round". He'll probably be on some poo poo saying not only is the earth flat, but he bumped into the ceiling

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Why is the mic pointed at his nose?! :catstare:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
The punchline is that he plans to only go up to 1800 feet. He would get a much better picture from a plane but using a rocket for the sake of using a rocket is pretty cool I guess.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Artist's rendering of Mad Mike reaching the stratosphere:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Part of me hopes his rocket blows up so that flat-earthers will start saying how the government blew up his rocket to prevent the truth from getting out there.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bailing out of my home-made rocket

to own the libs

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Dog Jones posted:

Dude if he comes back to earth fully intact there is no way he steps out of that rocket saying "I was wrong the earth is round". He'll probably be on some poo poo saying not only is the earth flat, but he bumped into the ceiling

Either way, I’m rapidly progressing from loling at him like everyone else to straight up hating this loving retarded basket-case.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Harveygod posted:

Why is the mic pointed at his nose?! :catstare:

Thats why they call him "MAD" Mike Hughes

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

its pretty much funny only if the rocket turns around and wipes out everyone who came to watch

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hows a parachute going to be any use after he flies off the edge

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I have a deliriously high fever right now, and this is making me laugh so hard every time I watch it. God drat.

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

FuhrerHat posted:

its pretty much funny only if the rocket turns around and wipes out everyone who came to watch

Most likely since the govt obviously has sabotaged his works already :tinfoil:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
When is this supposed to happen and how can I watch?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm sure his life insurance totally pays out for home made steam rocket failure, too

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

"But the Saturday’s planned launch will pose a challenge to the daredevil. Not only was the 2014 flight a quarter of the distance he expects to fly this Saturday, the previous rocket was based on round-earth technology, the Washington Post reported."

So what the gently caress is this flat-earth technology he's apparently using on this flight? Alchemy and steampunk gears?

Is anyone going to stream this? I don't necessarily want to see a man die on live television, but I have to imagine this is going to be a spectacular failure.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Harveygod posted:

When is this supposed to happen and how can I watch?

I have no idea.... his website doesn't even say lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
can we send them emails asking for a livestream link

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tired Moritz posted:

can we send them emails asking for a livestream link

A Fancy Hat posted:

Is anyone going to stream this? I don't necessarily want to see a man die on live television, but I have to imagine this is going to be a spectacular failure.

His facebook mentions that he has a youtube channel and they are thinking about streaming it on there. I dont have a facebook so its hard to read his page for info

https://www.facebook.com/madmikehughes

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Rahu posted:

The punchline is that he plans to only go up to 1800 feet. He would get a much better picture from a plane but using a rocket for the sake of using a rocket is pretty cool I guess.

Wait

1800 feet? That's loving nothing. He just wants to kill himself in one of the sickest ways possible.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's
Could he not just get on a jumbo jet? Has he never flown anywhere before?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

What kind of proof is this guy expecting to find at 1800 ft? I was at 30000 ft yesterday and the results were inconclusive, but I was also distracted watching the movie Frank.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

lol $20k to reach the height of a large hill.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

He could just strap a gopro to some balloons like a normal person, but I guess he isn’t a normal person.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Pawn 17 posted:

He could just strap a gopro to some balloons like a normal person, but I guess he isn’t a normal person.

Ya that sounds more like something "NORMAL" Mike Hughes would do

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Eararaldor posted:

Could he not just get on a jumbo jet? Has he never flown anywhere before?

That's government disinfo. Those "windows" on the plane? Holograms to continue the false flag round earth BS.

This rocket will 100% prove the Earth is flat. At 1800 feet up, Earth "scientists" would have you believe you'd see a curve in the Earth. FAKE NEWS. "Awesome Pioneer and Truther" Mike Hughes will finally break the bubble on the Government/Airline/Reptilian conspiracy. He'll take a picture, you'll see the giant ice wall that surrounds the flat earth, plus the UN troops that shoot anyone who dares approach that wall to silence them. Godspeed, Mr. Hughes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
how many flat earthers are just revelling in the absurdity of the belief?

• Locked thread