Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

This season has been a little nuts in terms of changing up your show's premise and setting, of which I am enjoying (dr who styled dystopian space future, sure why not), but the plot feels like its moving a tad too slow. I wish they had at least reached the surface in this episode instead of just talking about it. Hopefully next episode moves things along. And of course :swoon: Hunter!

I do like that they are continuing to touch and build upon the trauma of the Framework and are not brushing it aside as just last season's plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I hope bad military lady turns out to be a skrull. It's about time we got some kree/skrull conflict.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Kheldarn posted:

But the thing that has the most traction on Reddit is that it's Yo-Yo. They say that when she went to fight in the flashback last episode, she got caught. Kasius has been using her for his Inhuman gene work, it's how he knew her name (both nickname and real name) and powers, and now she's beeing tortured to tell what happens. Of course, that just adds more time travel fuckery...

Thought the same myself because it was surprising how Cassius suddenly knew her when they had never interacted before. This would lend credence to the idea that the "flashback" is indeed a flashforward instead. Mack dies fighting Cassius. Yoyo and gang go back in time. When the timeline plays out, Yoyo is first in line to fight the kree and go after Cassius but ends up captured instead.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

SpartanIV posted:

The Seer shouldn't be any of the team he's had in custody for 50 years and broke, because he didn't seem to have any knowledge of the future in the past. If he did he should have removed the stash of SHIELD weapons from the Lighthouse, known who Fitz was, known about the Zephyr on the surface, killed Robin when she was on the Lighthouse, etc.

Cassius could have simply not known the importance of the SHIELD agent he held captive for ~50 years. He only thought to revive them and torture them for info once he knew he was presently dealing with time skipping SHIELD agents from the past (which was after the Fitz reveal).

I really think they are stuck in a time loop and the next pod will be fighting Gravitron and second guessing themselves every step of the way. I really hope this is right because this means we'll likely see Sinara again. For a villain with 5 lines total, she was pretty fun.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I got confused by the Zima product placement and actually thought it was a smart subtle sign that they time traveled to the 90s instead of their own time.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

They change the timeline. Fitz dies in the process. A grieving Jemma discovers Frozen Fritz but also learns she can never revive him or the old timeline reverts.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

This episode was awesome. Call back to the great dog debate was just the icing it needed.

I didn't think much of Hale and I feel like the backstory greatly fleshed her out and humanized her. Sweet Valley Hydra was so over the top ridiculous and hilarious at the same time.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I'm okay with Jemma and Yoyo's twisted logic because it feels like a fresh take on the usual time travel and paradoxes cliche. There's something quite meta-humorous in taking all those endlessly dumb Internet debates over time travel you get on other TV shows (LOST, Terminator TSCC, Dr. Who, etc) and emerging out the other end with our characters declaring "This must mean we're invincible!" and then proceeding to drink acid. I'm on team Mad Scientist all the way. An unhinged Jemma and Fitz sounds like a lot of fun. I almost wish they could be positioned as the main antagonists.

The one thing I'm not really feeling is the Hydra robot goons. They're kinda dumb and useless and they make the Hydra side of the equation feel very threadbare and low budget as in they can't even hire some background extras for this show. Everyone's a disposable robot except Hale and Ruby. It just feels off, especially when Hale is barking orders and monologing.

Also Coulson and Talbot rounding the same corner 3 times in a row for their jailbreak got on my nerves too.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

The show's continued attempts to kinda sort of tie into the movie are hilarious. At this point I'm willing to bet the movie guys never gave the TV guys any info and the TV guys are just guessing at it. "Hmm Thanos probably attacks NYC right? So let's just have some generic aftermath news footage on these monitors over here for added atmosphere..."

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

So with only 13 episodes (not 22), is it safe to say season 6 would definitely be the last season? Has there ever been a show that went from full to half order and kept getting renewed? I love this show and would gladly watch 5 more seasons or whatever, but I have to prepare myself for the inevitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Total budget is increased but actual budget is cut to the bone in order to pay for a 3 min green screen post credit cameo from RDJ.