Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Venom Soag posted:

Holy hell this thread is positively a hug box compared to our rivals camp :staredog:

Eh, I'm not reading the other thread atm - on a scale of one to that one infinitum post you made, how hostile is it?

quote:

Also pmush has claimed to be some sort of ultimate sniper who can shoot anyone anywhere, should we kill her now or take her back to base?

What does your heart tell you hoss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

tithin posted:

Eh, I'm not reading the other thread atm - on a scale of one to that one infinitum post you made, how hostile is it?

What does your heart tell you hoss

It’s like an 8 but more multi-directional.

I’m thinking what with the Timezone thing maybe they’re all still nursing hangovers.

Also it’s worth noting, I have no interest in recruiting others into my vendetta, and I love how amiable and cohesive everyone is here. I think we have a strong team, and I’m dismayed by our clutch of non-participants.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Venom Soag posted:

Holy hell this thread is positively a hug box compared to our rivals camp :staredog:

Also pmush has claimed to be some sort of ultimate sniper who can shoot anyone anywhere, should we kill her now or take her back to base?

does she have two dormant eyes?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Venom Soag posted:

I saw that too and laughed, but then I wondered "which is more likely: That pmush forgot we could read the thread or that she is planting false information for us?"

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Drunk Nerds posted:

I saw that too and laughed, but then I wondered "which is more likely: That pmush forgot we could read the thread or that she is planting false information for us?"

I think the latter is already putting more thought into the post than the author.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Decoded to skim the other thread and I think I found their Robin. He's the only one thinking strategically.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Anidav posted:

It's a bit odd for N20 to play devil's advocate for Infinitum too.

Venom Soag posted:

Scum laying the groundwork for a sympathy lynch maybe. Make a bad but philanthropic case and see who bites.

What?

The case on Inf is literally: "Inf is bad at Mafia."

That's completely untrue: In the year I've played Mafia across a few games Inf has been good with his hunches and he often has a really strong understanding for how his individual mechanics can best be employed to win the game.

This can backfire, but that doesn't make him bad.

That I don't like the way the case was made is neither here nor there, being a dick is a null tell. But the case itself is bullshit.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's been sorted N20

I wouldn't worry about it at this point in time

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Y'all who are shine veterans, can you give some thoughts on these shine abilities?

Are they usable each night? do they have a cooldown? I skimmed the rules thread but didn't see anything specific, and my ability list doesn't really specify that there's a cooldown.

I'm only inferring that there is one based on the game flavour and the limited nature of the shine.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

Y'all who are shine veterans, can you give some thoughts on these shine abilities?

Are they usable each night? do they have a cooldown? I skimmed the rules thread but didn't see anything specific, and my ability list doesn't really specify that there's a cooldown.

I'm only inferring that there is one based on the game flavour and the limited nature of the shine.

You just gotta use up one unit of Shine to actually use your ability. No cooldown, just mana management.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
TFW you've been bragging to leader about how hard you can punch, and someone from the other thread cops to running around with a high powered rifle

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

All good, got it sorted. Had a chat with Podima - turns out I'm blind as a bat and skimmed over the Shine entry on my character sheet, which is what I was looking for before. I just thought I didn't have one.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Drunk Nerds posted:

TFW you've been bragging to leader about how hard you can punch, and someone from the other thread cops to running around with a high powered rifle

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bif can you start telling us who you'd like to see some pressure put on? So we can start voting towards them?

It's nearing deadline and we really should be aiming towards someone, even if it's to get a claim on the board.

My preference is TNL for the case I've made previously.
Would also be cool with Anidav for the 'actions in other languages' comment.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please don't post my role pm itt

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Infinitum posted:

It's been sorted N20

I wouldn't worry about it at this point in time

Fair enough.

##unvote

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
idk why people are letting pera/xad skate by with their bad posts umu

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Bif can you start telling us who you'd like to see some pressure put on? So we can start voting towards them?

Hell no. If I see some specific post that I think needs pressing, I'll press that like I did earlier. But I would like to stay out of today's lunch apart from providing the hammer. I need to give y'all the chance to actually commit to a decision yourselves so I can observe who's falling in with who.

If I end up having to step in to say "ok just kill this person of my choice, now now now" it means y'all have failed D1.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Fun fact, my sister in law drew this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

Holy poo poo that's cool!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Venom Soag posted:

Tell your sister in law that it's a magical picture that is well drawn.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Hell no. If I see some specific post that I think needs pressing, I'll press that like I did earlier. But I would like to stay out of today's lunch apart from providing the hammer. I need to give y'all the chance to actually commit to a decision yourselves so I can observe who's falling in with who.

If I end up having to step in to say "ok just kill this person of my choice, now now now" it means y'all have failed D1.

The TNL case is bad and everyone who left votes on him are also, bizarrely, on my scum list.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Venom Soag posted:

The TNL case is bad and everyone who left votes on him are also, bizarrely, on my scum list.

Then who would you prefer, and what is your case against them?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Then who would you prefer, and what is your case against them?

Xad or Tpink for their very lazy bandwagoning on the TNL push. Both just go “oh yeah what he said” while not adding any actual insight. Also I think the only time someone tried to clear Xad of suspicion it was a weird role playing flavour argument which to my mind makes it worse, not better.

Basically neither are actively scumhunting but we have evidence they’re pretending to.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

I’m curious infinitum, do you have your results yet?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Here's some tithpinions:

1/ Infinitum is my #2 scum pick - for that god awful cop / doc / rolecop gambit he just pulled (I assume he's being joking about the doc claim) with literally zero pressure.

I get TNL (? I think it was TNL) saying that yeah, he's a good player when he puts his mind to it, but variability isn't a good indicator of that players ability, it can be used to mask someones ability to play as scum because you cannot rightfully compare how they play game to game.

It's concerning because he's either an extremely good player, or an extremely poor one and there is no middle ground and given his last game gambit (and yeah, I understand his argument that it's a new game etc etc) lead to a town loss, and now playing a similar card in this game has my hackles up.

2/ Anidav is my #1 scum pick - I don't have a lot to say about Anidav, he isn't striking me as genuinely engaged with either finding scum or the actual game mechanics in general.

Soldiers games during day phase aren't hard to follow for the most part because there's no battle mechanics in play so it's just a regular mafia game.

In my experience with Anidav, if his posting is vacuous or even introduces elements designed to confuse matters / muddy waters then he's scum.

3/ Soag's ping ponging between being really nice, to extremely pointed and it's throwing me off.

It's been far too long since we had a game together so I'm going to treat him as though I would someone I've not played with before purely to get an outsiders view on how he's playing.

4/ TNL strikes me as genuine. I never count someone as fully town until I have something that can pinpoint their actions and can make a reasoned assumption based on the outcome of those actions, however his opinions are reasonable for a town to take.

5/ IAJanus is my #3 scum pick for one reason -

tithin posted:

I'm just skimming the player list and going to post / shame lurkers.

People who've not posted much
iajANUS has also only posted three times, two of which are contentless.

Above post made at 4:19pm Jan 1st.

iajanus posted:

I'm having trouble following the conversation between Inf and TNL and don't have any strong feelings between them. I'm not getting a vibe either way about either of them asides from the usual bullshit d1 meta arguing that turns out to have random results most games. I wouldn't mind knowing more about Inf's potential action, so much as can be disclosed (I didn't understand the reference you made in the next post that might have given a hint). The only other thing that's stood out to me was Venom telling Bif that tithin had posted in a way that he believed was very town when it just seemed to be a fairly empty "idk anything" post. It just seemed a bit out of place considering the rest of the conversation flow.

above post made at 4:34pm - completely ignored my call out post, but also posted shortly after being called out.

Would vote Anidav -> Infinitum -> Iajanus

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

idk why people are letting pera/xad skate by with their bad posts umu

this morning I was called a lurker and multiple people flailed at me, and idk if you've missed it or if you didn't mean to say xad, but xad's had an amount of heat since the get

like for real I disagree/d with TNL's perspective and yesterday found a few reasons to fiddle with it, it's d1, that's the poo poo you deal with, but to his credit he tried to get me to say why (a request I ignored because I didn't want to be the lovely "I have LITERALLY already said so" bitch I always end up being) and even in the face of Inf - Lord of Pressure - managed to stand his ground well enough. I'm mostly saying this for the benefit of others.

Venom Soag posted:

are you seriously suggesting that on day 1 the entire scum team would leap on an opportunity, pile on top of a townie, and then idek, hold out?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Im in the Magellan strait where wifi is exceptionally bad.

90% sure Infi is scum and he's my absolute number one scum pick. Natural 20 is scummy for defending him and claiming there is no case on him beyond inf is bad at mafia which is not true at all.

If not Infi I may support a Xad vote but im not nearly as convinced and think Xad's play has been bad but not exceptionally scummily bad.

Vote Infi he will probably flip scum. I'll check in whenever I have ok wifi but mostly just want to sleep and watch game of thrones not in that order but possibly at the same time.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Heeeey I just remembered hardly anyone gave me reads on Prince of Space. Can more people do that please, and also reads on Drunk Nerds cause I would love to use a cool punch wizard if he's not scum

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I am engaged with the game mechanics now. I just can't do anything with my powers yet. I'm waiting patiently. I've told Bifauxnen quite clearly what kind of character I am and it's day 1 still so I dunno why I top your list.

Also please tell me what confusing elements I've introduced? Because the answer is zero IMHO.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

I am engaged with the game mechanics now. I just can't do anything with my powers yet. I'm waiting patiently. I've told Bifauxnen quite clearly what kind of character I am and it's day 1 still so I dunno why I top your list.

Also please tell me what confusing elements I've introduced? Because the answer is zero IMHO.

You top my list because I'm aware of how you play, and I have my eye on you.

You've introduced zero confusing elements yet except to ask a bunch of questions that were clearly in the rules you didn't read.

You're like a good infinitum in terms of play ability.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Venom Soag posted:

I’m curious infinitum, do you have your results yet?

I've answered this previously, but end of day.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Heeeey I just remembered hardly anyone gave me reads on Prince of Space. Can more people do that please, and also reads on Drunk Nerds cause I would love to use a cool punch wizard if he's not scum

I believe him to be a new player?

I'm giving him a pass for D1, but he's been all over the shop

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh hey Gaspy how you feeling about Jeabus now

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

I like drunk nerds so far.

Prince of space calling Tired Moritz's vote on Xad a "vote on a townie" is really suspicious and would be enough for me to vote anyone who wasn't a total newbie if they said something similar.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bifauxnen posted:

irritating roleplay that distracts from casing, kept trying to flavour fish for some reason, would vote.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Happy New Year folks.

Non-weirdos, thanks for understanding that not everyone is going to be posting like crazy on New Year day.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

tpink: It's barely anything, except for

look at what he's responding to, look at what he'd posted before

is this a scumslip? This feels like a scumslip

Jeabus, I like some of your other good reads, but this coupled with the vote on me is borderline bad faith. Please tell me you did not seriously think that my making a joke about posting as scum in the other thread (or something equally obviously jokey) was a scumslip.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I havem’t read the other thread but birdtrike wants me to kill the gently caress out of monathin on the for utterly terrible incharacter posting

i mean birb would know all about that

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh hey Gaspy how you feeling about Jeabus now

I’ll do a more in-depth look in a moment, but short answer is I’d actually forgotten I was suspicious of them.

I’m at work and I keep rolling it around my head; role cop is a really, really scummy role in a Soldiers game.

Like it’s minimal, almost negative utility to town but absolutely something scum would have.

Very comfortable with my vote as it stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean I can't remember the specifics but I had a very rolecop-esque role in the last Soldiers game I played. I'm still suspicious of Infinitum, but not because of that.

• Locked thread