Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
well, bif's giant boner for infi means xad isn't going to get voted out, and there's only two more people with votes and I rather die than TNL because they are at least able to have their voice heard in this game.

peramene posted:

TM I'm gonna ask you as kindly as I can to just let my vote live where it's gonna, thanks

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
if you dont have a good reason, at least make one that's funny

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

I was talking to you but not about you. Sorry if this was not clear.

so the next time I tell you one of your posts is patronizing, what sort of response ought I be anticipating

you are speaking to me
about my position/viewpoint
which you are challenging
on grounds of a common sense argument
which is not common sense nor what I believe so

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

if you dont have a good reason, at least make one that's funny

Good hustle love

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'll vote Xad to make an execution happen, like a lot of the points made against him and dislike most of what he has posted. I would just far rather vote inf.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

peramene posted:

so the next time I tell you one of your posts is patronizing, what sort of response ought I be anticipating

you are speaking to me
about my position/viewpoint
which you are challenging
on grounds of a common sense argument
which is not common sense nor what I believe so

How about try assuming I'm speaking to you in good faith instead of patronizing you?

How about uhh engaging in my content instead of reflexively voting me for literally no reason?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tired Moritz posted:

can't you guys stop fighting and please vote me thanks

im just gonna

##vote xad

Tired Moritz posted:

pera, open your heart and vote me. if you think tnl/me are scum, then vote me, kk?

Seriously, can you loving stop with this if you're actually town. It's the one thing that drives me crazy in this game, when a supposedly town player just throws in the towel after the game heats up on them a little bit. Be a team player.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

tpink posted:

Seriously, can you loving stop with this if you're actually town. It's the one thing that drives me crazy in this game, when a supposedly town player just throws in the towel after the game heats up on them a little bit. Be a team player.

As someone who has done this in a game before: yeah don't, it's not fun or funny for anybody.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway. We are getting far too close to deadline, under 4 hours to go now. It's understandable for D1 when we need to build up poo poo to work with, but tomorrow we need to move faster and start getting solid lunch candidates much farther out.

I am still feeling wary of TNL, but I'm ok with sleeping on the case some more.

##unvote

I think we got some decent candidates between Anidav, Xad, and Tired to vote for. But I'd like to also put forward a different candidate and see what y'all think.

##vote B-

This will take a bit of explaining since y'all haven't been privy to our private advisor mason chat! I posted this much earlier:

When I saw B- had posted on 2 separate occasions in the thread but still not joined our masonry! :mad: even after this exchange it took him quite a while. While I was waiting, I left a message for him "strongly suggesting" he fullclaim immediately.

When he showed, he only stated his background, class and rank like I had specifically asked for in my last sentence. Everything else needed continued prompting from me.

He hasn't had much to say at all either. You'd think being a special advisor to the leader would make one more invested and interested in the game. "Awesome!" was what B- said when he first logged in. But his low participation in thread is sure not because he was too busy chatting with me instead.

In fact, as the Inf drama unfolded, he finally talked to me to ask what kind of non-battle abilities I think there could be in the game. This struck me as rolefishing, from a scum concerned about what kind of investigative roles could be in this game. And he's always asking me what I think first, instead of giving his own opinion first.

If we can't decide on anyone else today, let's vote out the royal vizier.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

tpink posted:

do you prefer a no lynch?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I was originally hoping to keep B- around longer and see if he spilled anything fun, but it's just getting nowhere. Might as well go for someone I do feel more confident about.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Did you start with him as a royal advisor or did you pick him?

If the latter I would absolutely vote on that case. If the former then I absolutely wouldn't.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyway. We are getting far too close to deadline, under 4 hours to go now. It's understandable for D1 when we need to build up poo poo to work with, but tomorrow we need to move faster and start getting solid lunch candidates much farther out.

I am still feeling wary of TNL, but I'm ok with sleeping on the case some more.

##unvote

I think we got some decent candidates between Anidav, Xad, and Tired to vote for. But I'd like to also put forward a different candidate and see what y'all think.

##vote B-

This will take a bit of explaining since y'all haven't been privy to our private advisor mason chat! I posted this much earlier:

When I saw B- had posted on 2 separate occasions in the thread but still not joined our masonry! :mad: even after this exchange it took him quite a while. While I was waiting, I left a message for him "strongly suggesting" he fullclaim immediately.

When he showed, he only stated his background, class and rank like I had specifically asked for in my last sentence. Everything else needed continued prompting from me.

He hasn't had much to say at all either. You'd think being a special advisor to the leader would make one more invested and interested in the game. "Awesome!" was what B- said when he first logged in. But his low participation in thread is sure not because he was too busy chatting with me instead.

In fact, as the Inf drama unfolded, he finally talked to me to ask what kind of non-battle abilities I think there could be in the game. This struck me as rolefishing, from a scum concerned about what kind of investigative roles could be in this game. And he's always asking me what I think first, instead of giving his own opinion first.

If we can't decide on anyone else today, let's vote out the royal vizier.

...oh. That's very interesting. Said it before but yeah, would vote to out Jafar, and this absolutely sounds like scum being invited to the confirmed-town masonry. I could definitely see the delay in joining the masonry due to phoneposting or something over the holidays, but the in-masonry actions reaaaally sound like someone who's trying not to tell the opponent too much while still seeming engaged. ESPECIALLY since everyone knows Bif is town.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tired Moritz posted:

do you prefer a no lynch?

I would prefer that you keep engaging with this game, as I've seen you do many times in the past, rather than taking your ball and going home.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

If the latter I would absolutely vote on that case. If the former then I absolutely wouldn't.

I picked him. I thought B- was in a nice sweet spot of being a decent player but also wouldn't attract so much attention as to get themselves lunched or nightkilled too fast.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The Ninth Layer posted:

What am I missing here - why does this make such a big difference?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Then yeah that's a solid case and you have my vote. I asked because I don't think the moderator would have given you a scum royal advisor to start with, that would be hosed.

##unvote ##vote b-minus

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

The Ninth Layer posted:

Then yeah that's a solid case and you have my vote. I asked because I don't think the moderator would have given you a scum royal advisor to start with, that would be hosed.

##unvote ##vote b-minus

:agreed:

##vote b-minus

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Curious where SC64 went too cause some of those older Infinitum votes show no signs of moving.

And yeah, starting with a scum advisor sounds hilariously mean.

##vote b-minus

Also I cannot see the vote count on mobile it just doesn't show in posts and the votefinder.org website tries to load the vote count indefinitely. So I'm blind of the vote count for some technical reason.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Anidav posted:

Curious where SC64 went too cause some of those older Infinitum votes show no signs of moving.

Oh poo poo, yeah they have posted in forever either. I figure people would've disappeared over new years, not AFTER

also here's a copy/paste from votefinder as of now

===============================================================

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

Xad (3): SLASHER HAWKE, Tired Moritz, Anidav, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SirSamVimes, SLASHER HAWKE, Tired Moritz, Anidav, SLASHER HAWKE, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz
Tired Moritz (3): Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Infinitum, peramene, Bifauxnen, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz, Jeabus Mahogany, Bifauxnen, peramene, peramene, peramene, flerp
The Ninth Layer (2): Infinitum, Xad, peramene, peramene, busb, peramene, Infinitum, Infinitum, peramene, Xad, Infinitum, Bifauxnen, peramene, Bifauxnen
b-minus1 (2): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, Bifauxnen, The Ninth Layer
Infinitum (2): Tired Moritz, Venom Soag, STONE COLD 64, Tired Moritz, The Ninth Layer, flerp, SLASHER HAWKE, Tired Moritz, Anidav, SLASHER HAWKE, Anidav, Tired Moritz, flerp, The Ninth Layer
busb (1): Infinitum, flerp, Infinitum, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, b-minus1, flerp
Anidav (1): The Ninth Layer, Bifauxnen, Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany, Bifauxnen, The Ninth Layer, Infinitum, Infinitum, Natural 20
Venom Soag (1): SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes, Natural 20, Natural 20, Xad
Prince of Space (1): Little Mac
tpink (1): SLASHER HAWKE, Jeabus Mahogany, SLASHER HAWKE, Jeabus Mahogany, Prince of Space, Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany
curiousCat (0): Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz
Drunk Nerds (0): Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany
Little Mac (0): Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany
SLASHER HAWKE (0): Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany
Natural 20 (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
Jeabus Mahogany (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
tithin (0): SLASHER HAWKE, Infinitum, SLASHER HAWKE, busb, Infinitum, busb
Retro Futurist (0): Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz

Not Voting (8): Anidav, curiousCat, Drunk Nerds, iajanus, Mithross, Retro Futurist, tithin, tpink :rubshands:

With 25 people still alive, it takes 13 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 11 minutes.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
b- pinged me as scum early but

Bif, wtf

you get the opoptunity in a soldiers game to mason eith diamond dogs but you pick bINUS?

I can’t deal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

b- pinged me as scum early but

Bif, wtf

you get the opoptunity in a soldiers game to mason eith diamond dogs but you pick bINUS?

I can’t deal

The masonry is in our hearts :angel:

Don't worry though I've already made it up to you

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Xad posted:

Oh poo poo, yeah they have posted in forever either. I figure people would've disappeared over new years, not AFTER

also here's a copy/paste from votefinder as of now
<except I'm a dumbass>

mafia edit
agh gently caress it didn't keep the formatting, dunno why I thought it would

Xad (3): SLASHER HAWKE, Tired Moritz, SirSamVimes
Tired Moritz (3): InfinitumJeabus Mahogany, flerp
The Ninth Layer (2): busb, peramene
b-minus1 (2): Bifauxnen, The Ninth Layer
Infinitum (2): Venom Soag, STONE COLD 64
busb (1): b-minus1
Anidav (1): Natural 20
Venom Soag (1): Xad
tpink (1): Prince of Space

Not Voting (8): Anidav, curiousCat, Drunk Nerds, iajanus, Mithross, Retro Futurist, tithin, tpink :rubshands:

The current deadline is January 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 11 minutes.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Xad post the bbcode version it's on the website lol

b-minus1 (4): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, Bifauxnen, The Ninth Layer, Xad, Anidav
Xad (3): SLASHER HAWKE, Tired Moritz, Anidav, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SirSamVimes, SLASHER HAWKE, Tired Moritz, Anidav, SLASHER HAWKE, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz
Tired Moritz (3): Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Infinitum, peramene, Bifauxnen, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz, Jeabus Mahogany, Bifauxnen, peramene, peramene, peramene, flerp
The Ninth Layer (2): Infinitum, Xad, peramene, peramene, busb, peramene, Infinitum, Infinitum, peramene, Xad, Infinitum, Bifauxnen, peramene, Bifauxnen
Infinitum (2): Tired Moritz, Venom Soag, STONE COLD 64, Tired Moritz, The Ninth Layer, flerp, SLASHER HAWKE, Tired Moritz, Anidav, SLASHER HAWKE, Anidav, Tired Moritz, flerp, The Ninth Layer
busb (1): Infinitum, flerp, Infinitum, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, b-minus1, flerp
Anidav (1): The Ninth Layer, Bifauxnen, Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany, Bifauxnen, The Ninth Layer, Infinitum, Infinitum, Natural 20
tpink (1): SLASHER HAWKE, Jeabus Mahogany, SLASHER HAWKE, Jeabus Mahogany, Prince of Space, Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany
curiousCat (0): Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz
Drunk Nerds (0): Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany
Little Mac (0): Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany
SLASHER HAWKE (0): Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany
Natural 20 (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
Venom Soag (0): SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes, Natural 20, Natural 20, Xad, Xad
Jeabus Mahogany (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
tithin (0): SLASHER HAWKE, Infinitum, SLASHER HAWKE, busb, Infinitum, busb
Retro Futurist (0): Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz

Not Voting (7): curiousCat, Drunk Nerds, iajanus, Mithross, Retro Futurist, tithin, tpink :rubshands:

The current deadline is January 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 8 minutes.

:cheers: First day back to work means no extra flavor today, but one last reminder - all Day ability usage MUST be entered into your character sheet BEFORE your thread hammers for it to count! :cheers:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
bif didnt pick me because i have a dayvig that only kills people im in a mason w/

##vote bminus in the back of my mind i thought they were scummy but i couldnt rly put anything forward w/r/t their basically no posting. bif's is a lot more substantial and convinces me

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

The Ninth Layer posted:

Xad post the bbcode version it's on the website lol

i am not a clever man

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lol wow bif. Are you seriously turning on me because I haven’t posted 30 times on d1

Just lol

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

b-minus1 posted:

Lol wow bif. Are you seriously turning on me because I haven’t posted 30 times on d1

Just lol

that's not why

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

bif didnt pick me because i have a dayvig that only kills people im in a mason w/

##vote bminus in the back of my mind i thought they were scummy but i couldnt rly put anything forward w/r/t their basically no posting. bif's is a lot more substantial and convinces me

Lol what exactly did you find scummy?

For the record bif asked for all of my name, role, abilities etc and I provided them without hesitation. You know, because I’m town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hello B- :angel:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

drat b, you showed up quick. What were you waiting for? Hammer?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

b-minus1 posted:

For the record bif asked for all of my name, role, abilities etc and I provided them without hesitation. You know, because I’m town.

Well, also cause if you didn't you'd be top tier scumbo, so I don't think this point is as good as you think it is. Scum gets fakeclaims in like every game

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
wow look at the sheeple runnign to vote

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anidav posted:

drat b, you showed up quick. What were you waiting for? Hammer?

Uh, no. I’ve been following the thread all day. Anyone who knows me should know that I don’t contribute much on d1. Ive been providing reads for most of d1. And I was wondering why bif stopped responding to some of my posts in the mason chat.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

man this channel got a lot more funny all of a sudden

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

b-minus1 posted:

Uh, no. I’ve been following the thread all day. Anyone who knows me should know that I don’t contribute much on d1. Ive been providing reads for most of d1. And I was wondering why bif stopped responding to some of my posts in the mason chat.

are you trying to tell me that bif is scum

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

King is evil

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

your lack of posting concerned me because ur usually more active (holidays, obv, play a part in this but it still struck me as a bit odd). it was also a bit of a meta feel because i felt like you werent posting as ur usual self.

most of bminus's posts r mostly nothing, excuses, or thin cases. but the big thing is that there ARE posts in a way that makes me feel like theyre just posts to be like "yeah im here!" so to both avoid getting lurker killed and to make it seem like youre active so as to avoid getting put in the lurker pool.

like i said, it wasnt anything i could actually work w/ because there is nothing there. you were in the back of my mind, but i was more interested in more scummy people like infi because they had posts we could read.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

He didn't tell me some other cool passive ability though, until literally just now in our chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Lmao okay all is forgiven bif thanks for making this the canon ending of our day 1.

Put in the battle please, back row preferably.

• Locked thread