Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, everyone!

Let's all report in in an orderly fashion here. Obviously we want to have an idea of what people can do in battle, but not give away too much detailed information. So I've prepared a little survey to help everyone give me some nice rough claims to get started with. Please answer these questions in a timely manner and then y'all can get on with jokephase while I stay out of your way and obsess over the results.

1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.
C - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I'm awesome both on and off the battlefield
D - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I suck both on and off the battlefield

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

4. Do you have a very clear preference between Physical and Occult abilities? DON'T give away which one yet, just wondering... do you actually have to care about what kind of buffs you get?
A. Yeah, I definitely favor one type over the other WHICH I WILL NOT SAY JUST YET BECAUSE I AM A SMART TOWNIE TOWN
B. Nah, its all good

5a. If you had a dayvig right now, who would you shoot and why
5b. besides me

1. E: gently caress NO
2. B: I get rare melee options.
3. A
4. B
5a. You
5b. B-minus1 for stopping my amazing poisoner victory last game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Mafia edit: that reminds me

Scumslip!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

peramene posted:

Dear The Scum:

hello, how are you
do you like winning? we like winning too
wouldn't you like to say, in future, that you were part of the winning thread?
should you find yourselves upon the field of battle, consider murdering the other ranks held back the enemy tanks for awhile wait what? good loving god it's 730am

I very much laugh at and am suspicious of SC64's first few posts;

I can't tell the difference between joke-cases and real cases because I am a sociopath with no real emotions BUT I am wary of the potential harm of this antifunitum bandwagon;

yesterday I bested Podima in a 3 person double cop claim showdown

here is a content game - if you too were a wrestler from the television, which wrestler would you be and what justification

you not your character dummies

I'm very tired

Is this question the wrestler we like the most or the one that's most similar to us?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I have been through 500 posts of this poo poo.

I am hungover to gently caress. Oh my god you people make me want to kill myself.

Data driven cases first:

Four players never answered the survey from the beginning of the game. Curiouscat, Prince of Space, Retro and Tired Moritz.

Of these Curious and Retro haven't posted at all in the game. The other two have around 2 pages of stuff each. I assume their failure to answer is an oversight, but I have my eye on PoS and TM now.

Curiouscat says that they're absent in the signup thread from the 29th to the 2nd so that's fair enough.

Which leaves Retro, who signed up, never said anything about being away and hasn't said anything here.

Usually I'd let people who were completely absent from the game lie for D1 since usually there are afk mechanics to wreck them. But here there aren't and we win by being a good set of town friends and communicating with each other. (Mea culpa, I haven't been around because of New Year).

So I think the "safe" D1 lynch is Retro, but the obvious problem is you get very little out of a lurker lynch since you don't have a web of communication to examine.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Of the players that did answer:

Question 1: Most people cluster around B and C here, of the people that don't there's myself who went for D and b-minus1 and TNL who both chose A.

I would expect scum members to want to blend in and go for B and C, but I can't rule out scum abilities being best utilised best if they're in/out of combat consistently. So that means that going for an outlier doesn't clear a person.

If we look at the aggro pair here, TNL already has a bunch of suspicion because of the gigantic fight with Inf but Minus hasn't really posted any significant content. I'm actually more suspicious of that because of my afk scum thing from earlier.

That said, I really don't come off well from this. Posting an outlier and then being away for days is actually really bad. So I'm sorry again!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
The other questions are more of a mixed bag.

2. Busb is the only person to think their character sucks.

3. Flerp and Hawke claim to be awesome on any row.

4. Stat prios are very mixed in terms of the response.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Content based cases:

TNL

I feel like the overreaction from TNL to pressure following his post about votes initially seemed bad but honestly their content about the game itself and how we do or do not win is quite well reasoned:

The Ninth Layer posted:

Regarding lurkers there is some merit to sending them into battle in the front lines to hope the other thread sorts them out. I'm personally a fan of the battle strat of stacking town front to back, but lurkers are somewhat more expendable and we're better off sending town lurkers into battle than voting them out. (We should vote out scum lurkers and keep them out of battle imo)

The Ninth Layer posted:

The difference between a standard Mafia game and a soldiers game is that we are racing another thread and win on efficiency. The more town players we preserve and scum players we kill the better. We don't even need to catch all the scum to win, we just need to play better than the other thread so that we can buy time for our scum team to win for us.

This is why it's extra important to play your best in a soldiers game: you are directly competing against a separate group of town players to clear your thread of scum faster or at least hit a later exlo.

With that being said:

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote Infinitum I'll move my vote back to Anidav when and if you can give me an intellectually honest response.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Your suspicion is fake and you are refusing to engage with my defense in any kind of intellectually honest manner, to the point where you are attempting to gaslight me for responding to your case.

This is scummy af bro. If you're town this is really bad play.

These responses in particular ping me. TNL can just respond to anything Inf says with "You're not being intellectually honest," with no real bar for what that means. Reading through Inf's responses, he's at least trying to make a case which eventually devolves into repetition because it's Inf trying to meet the bar for intellectual honesty.

So TNL's a mixed bag for me. I don't think it's vote worthy. (I rarely do) But again, it's something to watch.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Inf

Inf is playing in the exact way I would expect Inf to play town, especially if he's got abilities he thinks he can use well. I'm noting this from the way he acted in DBZ Mafia and Megaman Mafia when he was town with a weird ability set. I don't think there's anything here that makes me think he's suspicious beyond just being himself. Further, a much fuller and more informative investigation can happen tomorrow since he's already claimed rolecop.

I feel like Inf is frequently a high variance player, he either hilariously ruins scum or completely misfires and blows up his own side and I feel like I'm okay with gambling.

Venom Soag

And with all that being said:

Venom Soag posted:

Let me make this crystal clear; it is absolutely an in-game rationale because infinitum has consistently demonstrated not only as a “mafia player” but as a human being to be poo poo awful at decision making, appropriate behaviour and critical thinking. It’s not some weird meta read to not want someone in the game who is literally a huge rear end in a top hat who is too stupid to actually play mafia.

It’s ruthless, it’s blunt, but it’s also common sense. An army only moves as fast as it’s slowest member and that will always be infinitum.

Also if you looked I made in game cases too, so you trying to push me as someone who’s not engaging within the game just makes you look like lazy scum. Same scum play YPM tried in the last game.

I absolutely loathe everything about this post and the case on Inf that stems from it. Not only is it just wrong in its assessment of Inf, it's just a horrible thing to have in a game to begin with.

Let me be clear, I do not give a poo poo about winning or losing relative the enjoyment I get from playing a game of mafia and being friends with the people here.

This and the related posts run counter to basically everything I believe about how mafia should be played. I wish being an rear end in a top hat was indicative of being scum, but unfortunately it's not.

That said, voting someone because they're "Bad at Mafia" when the opposite is true is so moronic that I can't just let that go.

##vote Venom Soag

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

I answered the survey, just not in ABCD form.

Ah you did it in two separate posts. My mistake.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Venom Soag posted:

lol I caught this too.

“I hate when people do this but luckily I’m a huge hypocrite and a rotten judge of character”

cool story, 20.

Your case is bad and you're just being straight up nasty. I don't know what exactly Inf did to you, but it's not something I really want to see in a mafia game.

If that makes me a hypocrite fair enough.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Anidav posted:

It's a bit odd for N20 to play devil's advocate for Infinitum too.

Venom Soag posted:

Scum laying the groundwork for a sympathy lynch maybe. Make a bad but philanthropic case and see who bites.

What?

The case on Inf is literally: "Inf is bad at Mafia."

That's completely untrue: In the year I've played Mafia across a few games Inf has been good with his hunches and he often has a really strong understanding for how his individual mechanics can best be employed to win the game.

This can backfire, but that doesn't make him bad.

That I don't like the way the case was made is neither here nor there, being a dick is a null tell. But the case itself is bullshit.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Infinitum posted:

It's been sorted N20

I wouldn't worry about it at this point in time

Fair enough.

##unvote

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

##vote xad thread take me off ignore

Xad's read on Inf is similar to mine in that I just don't see a scum inf pulling this kind of poo poo.

I don't think that's indicative of Xad knowing Inf's alignment so much as having a meta read on the guy.

Is there anything else you think is scummy about Xad?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

The Ninth Layer posted:

His previous post to that one was a dismantling of Infs case. It is obvious he thinks you are both scum.

Yes, it's useful in the short term when other people are investigated. It is never useful when you ate investigated because it means a cop wasted a night action on a town player when instead they could have hit a scum one.

The only players who should actually want cops to investigate them are scum godfathers.

This is objectively incorrect.

Often being investigated as town gives you latitude for plays deeper in the game. If you trust your own judgement then you would logically conclude that it leads to more scum dying.

A simple example is if you're bulletproof or have stacks of it. If you get investigated you get confirmed which means you are more able to influence votes on targets you think are scum in the day phase and further are likely to draw the NK in the night phase, forcing a failure.

Especially with variable ability sets saying "no town player would want to be investigated" and taking that as gospel fact is irresponsible.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

yup, done with this. I'm not digging bif's holy than thou attitude.

scum, nightkill me thxs

"I'm not digging Bif telling people what to do after advocating they people should do what Bif says for a full day."

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

This doesn't sound sincere, but I have committed to not wanting to actually vote you at all today thanks to your participation.

Uggh I shoulda just stuck with the Anidav Turbo nostalgia plan.

Okay so I've actually been looking at Anidav this evening:

Anidav posted:

I did a read and gently caress Xad and pera.

They look suss as poo poo imo. A snowball tap and then a disappearing act.

Isnt tpink usually kinda in and out all the time and all that so I'm not sure how Gaspy reads their usual behaviour as suss. I. Pretty sure Soag has played with them before too. It's pretty much how Small Keating used to play, in and out thread drifting.

Anidav posted:

It's a bit odd for N20 to play devil's advocate for Infinitum too.

Anidav posted:

Xad - Weird posting that only kind of snapped out of it when under pressure but still needed a shove to get out of joke phase mode.
Prince of Space - new player but still acting kind of off-beat
and while I agree with TM for now, might be a snowball poster so TM is there as well if Inf flips town. Though the same reasoning can be applied to myself.
I read busb and I don't see anything too suspect. Maybe someone else can point out why they think he's suss but he looks like a list filler atm to me.
Drunk Nerds is really low on content, I dunno if scum would be this transparent though.

RF & co can be handled by DA RULEZ

tithin was kinda looking for something within me that isn't there this game, kinda narrative writing and background fabrication on me for those who don't play with me much which is kinda suss but not a priority for me to look into yet.

Gaspy is the usual self but I know for a fact that the fearless leader of scum hunting has used this style of posting to lead town to lynch various other townies of different natures before. I'm always mindful of the fact that at the very least he has a character-posting habit for simply accusing people who disagree with him as suss.

I cannot read SLASHER HAWKE because that persona is like an Earthbound boss that posts in some sort of odd shorthand language that oyln Diamodn Dgso acn translate.

Anidav posted:

TM is almost as keen to Lynch Infinitum as Gaspy is but without the personal reasons. Kind of worth looking into imo.

So a lot of what Anidav has been doing D1 is throwing out lowkey shade on people and kinda just watching to see if it sticks or not. The only vote that got put down as a result of this was an early vote on Xad that got rescinded later.

The single significant post that was made is just a microcosm of the tiny cases he's been putting up elsewhere without any significant justification behind them.

Additionally, he's willing to let lurkers get a pass because the rules will deal with them, except the rules for Shine are really lax, like you get warned D1, show up D2 and D3 and by then the lurker rules are done and you've dodged the dangerzone that is D1.

What this reads to me as is a scum player who's trying to see if there's traction on a lot of different people with a poke and a nudge here and there, but that's also trying to cover for scumbos who've been afk early on.

Whilst this doesn't fit my meta read of Anidav, who I view as an aggressive scum player usually, it should be noted that earlier in the thread Bif openly mentioned that aggressive Anidav was often a scumtell for him. So I feel like a conscious attempt at a meta shift may be at work.

It's enough to tentatively ##vote Anidav and come back to it later once I've seen whether people think I'm way off the mark or not.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
So B-minus has seemed a little off today, but it wasn't something I'd counted as a huge deal.

That said, I think it's genuinely really bad to just have not attended a masonry with the leader for a few days and to have been found to be withholding abilities for some reason. Especially with the only person we know for certain to be town.

##vote b-minus1

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
IT'S TIME FOR THE TWILIGHT MUSIC BREAK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h61QG4s0I3U

Post all your favourite music here!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

did anyone else think it was weIRD that n20 dove streight into music chat just minutes after hammer yesterday?

My vote was down and I was around near the hammer.

I kinda assumed twilight would be short so I wanted people to chill out a little after a pretty intense d1.

My mistake!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

i've got a secret

I've been hiding.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I just don’t see imf drawing attention to himself with that battle claim as scum

It's bizarre.

His behaviour goes completely against what I expect out of scum Inf.

But how many questionably plausible claims does it take to break the camel's back?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

oh it was fuckign you walking away frim your read
##vote Natural20

I literally said that I'm finding the entire thing bizarre because Inf is acting like town Inf.

That's before Inf claimed a roleblock and before Inf claimed to have gone coast to coast with his attack.

If he's caught in a huge set of implausible claims I think even if I believe his behaviour to be town Inf, it's reasonable for me to question my own biases.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Anidav posted:

My scum list is
Drunk Nerds
flerp
Natural 20
Xad
pera
SSV

Seem kinda like sideline posters. Not much to say but I think they all seem to be posting commentary rather than insights. Not much information given or requested by Bifauxnen so there just seems to be a giant grey cloud over this group of posters, might be worth exploring further if people feel Infinitum, TM ect. isn't scummy enough to lynch yet.

This is interesting given my big post yesterday was this:

Natural 20 posted:

Okay so I've actually been looking at Anidav this evening:

The claim that results from Anidav after is this:

Anidav posted:

I understand where you are coming from but all of your quotes are attempts at creating discussion which is essential on D1 and any day really. More to the point, I'm looking for reactions but you are looking at the wrong side of the equation here. I'm looking for who agrees with me and why and if it comes from a legitimate place. People might disagree with me, fine but what is their reasoning?

Now I've had plenty of discussion outside the posts you've mentioned. You will note that I'm not cherry picking my engagements but being engaged every time where I can be. It's not really scummy, it's proactive which can set off some alarm bells but it's better than being a lurker. I'm like, an anti lurker.

Speaking of which, yeah lurkers can just show up and save themselves D2 but there's no actual evidence to support that actually happening and is just paranoia. I believe that some lurkers are probably going to be executed by those rules. Nye just tripped some people up, for sure.

This broadly amounts to two claims in response:

1. Trying to create discussion D1 and provoke responses.
2. Actually responding to things.

Examining claim 1. I'd note that we were making GBS threads out 300 posts or so over an 8 hour period where I was asleep. At best the idea of a need for "more discussion" is ludicrous in that context and moreso absent significant cases on anyone leads to waters being muddied instead of clarified.

Claim 2. is more reasonable in that yes, lurking is worse than posting but I'd argue that not really posting all that much in detail on any single person is still pretty problematic. You're giving the impression of being active rather than actually contributing.

I'm not one to just throw out votes and I think there are bigger fish to fry today, but I think it's pretty disingenuous to say people are providing "Commentary not insights," when the majority of your D1 was exactly that.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Just because Inf might have been caught in a lie doesn't mean we should stop casing people.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Prince of Space posted:

Thankya!

I wouldn't be surprised if'n everyone on that list with less than 60 posts turned out ta be some kinda enemy collaborator!

I kid, but seriously that's some huge differential between postcounts!

Or live in the UK.

I'm literally just not up and able to post when the rest of the thread is so most of my cases end up in a void. I think I saw something like 20 posts while I was awake and 180 while I was asleep.

Given that I don't post much anyway (I have a two hour window after work at around 7pm and train posting) this isn't a great combination.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok, these people I still wanna nag for a good concise scumlist. If you're on this list and are like "what, I gave reads!" Just give a quick recap cause it's apparently been long enough I forgot :v:

Cat
Drunk Nerds:
flerp
LMac
MITHROSS :mad:
Nat20
pera - anyone besides TNL?
RF
SSV
SC64 :mad:
tpink - don't forget I need scumreads, not just townreads

Anidav, reasons mentioned before.

Pera, outside circumstances are fine, but her standard of posting isn't as good as I've seen out of her before. Could be nothing, could be disengaged scum. I recall her once mentioning a preference for being town because it makes scumhunting easier. (duh)

TNL his outrage over the Inf case and screaming about being the scum target all night feel like a forced attempt to seem frustrated.

Iajanus because of his interaction with Drunk Nerds earlier today.

Phone posting so it's not comprehensive and doesn't have evidence quotes behind it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Venom Soag posted:

Got time to post about not posting but no time to post! Cool!

Yes, I'm on the train to work.

Unlike some people I don't think snide commentary is actually insightful.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Anidav posted:

You shouldn't use her vote as an indicator of where to look. It just makes you look like you're out of ideas, never had ideas or have no motivation to come up with ideas.

What? No it doesn't.

You're saying this about a person who just noted their suspicions on multiple people. Using Bif's vote as an indicator for someone to at least check out is just good sense.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Unless you want people to be analysis hipsters.

"Today I analysed SSV, you've probably never heard of him."

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

:thurman:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Xad posted:

Okay yeah what the hell I was vaguely suspicious of busb like all d1, was just a gut thing mostly. I have no idea how vs and nat20 got from my posting that I was defending the hell out of busb. Absolutely does not feel genuine.

Wait wait.

Where did I say that?

I'm not actually doubting it, I've just forgotten.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Xad posted:

Logged in on chrome and it wasn't nat20, woops :v:

Misrepresenting me?

That's a paddlin' :toughguy:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

speaking of names...

since no one answered this yet, yes that is Gaspy

My biggest slapfight rival! Me, him and Gaspy used to be the Warring Triad of Auspol. Ahhh, the memories.

I'm sorry you can't be the Triad Typhon.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

They are also known to let the beat drop.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
How long have you played Mafia without knowing that?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Birb can it be music time now?

Or will I be scummy?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Visual depiction of things following the battle.

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
Venom Soag	tithin		The Ninth Layer
curiousCat	peramene	Prince of Space		Xad

CCKeane		Gamerofthegame	Max Peck
TMMadman	Lord of Hats	Anomalous Amalgam	Kashuno
		DdN

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
My most immediate thought absent posting context would be that we need to look at Venom on the assumption that scum are more likely to be able to damage their own row than another.

But that's an iffy assumption at best. Also I want to see how Bif's thing resolves.

Let's look at the others, order is left to right.

Curiouscat

curiousCat posted:

##vote infinitum
just kill it.

curiousCat posted:

infini flipping town isn't terribly surprising to me if only because it was a total nullread due to it just being... useless chaos.

So mea culpa, I wasn't about for when Infi was hammered, but, I want to put my idiot hat on.

If you have a null read on a guy and he's said he's going to come back after a game day, why vote for him? You lose nothing by waiting beyond being bored.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Peramene

My gut says town on her. I questioned her quality of posting and she was happy enough to admit it herself. I think a scum pera would actually be more likely to come back at me hard on that accusation.

She's currently also claiming to have dropped a buff on front row.

It's reasonable that this could have been buffing scum buddies, but unless Pera's character is garbage, the buff is a literally double damage buff or all three of the front row are scum, it's unlikely that a scum player would have made that move.

I feel like if there's confirmation that the buff hit, I'm leaning town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Prince of Space

Now this is interesting.

I feel like PoS reads as a newbie scum player.

Here's why:

Prince of Space posted:

Gabriel's Prelim Day 2 Sussin' List

(Note: the names are ordered alphabetically)

Higher Volume Posters I Am Wary Of
Anidav
busb
peramene
Tired Moritz

Low Content Posters I Am Very Wary Of
Jeabus Mahogany
SirSamVimes
tpink
Xad

Low Content Low Volume Posters I Am INCREDIBLY Wary Of
Little Mac
Mithross
Natural 20
Retro Futurist

(If you haven't made it into my lists and you're scum, congrats on fooling the newbie thus far! Don't slip up now, y'hear! :clint:)

This feels like a newbie scum.

If you know who scum are and you're unsure of how to fake cases on people, you'll often just go to "lurkers" as your basis for trying to scumhunt anyone.

Notably the list above never really contained any justification for literally anyone on the list and when questioned by its breadth, the only real response is:

Prince of Space posted:

Half the thread or no, I bet'cha 4-5 of our thread's scumbos are in those lists. It ain't a perfect list but that's what I felt like sharin' at this stage.

As fer content, it's fun seein' people get edgy when they see their name! ;)

I mean, okay that's a fine bet to make, but what's the basis for it? If there's a scumbo on the list, why should they be scared of being watched, since you're apparently watching 12 people at once? Why would they even get edgy to begin with?

What this reads as is somebody who went too cautious when trying to list their suspicions for the thread because they don't want to put too much pressure on their friends or draw too much attention and then comes out trying to justify it by pretending that getting people to reply was all part of the plan.

• Locked thread