Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
B - Yes

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
B. Back

4. Do you have a very clear preference between Physical and Occult abilities? DON'T give away which one yet, just wondering... do you actually have to care about what kind of buffs you get?[/u
B. Nah, its all good

[u]5a. If you had a dayvig right now, who would you shoot and why
5b. besides me

Inf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
busb sus af imo

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hi bif. Let’s bring home a winner

flerp posted:

not as sus as u

Flerp and busb scum partners confirmed.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

busb posted:

im no wrestler because i don't know any wrestlers because wrestling is real bad. like super-nearly-as-bad-as-dogs bad

Holy poo poo. You know who hates dogs? Scum.

##vote busb

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

tithin posted:

The current deadline is January 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST

That's like, 48 loving hours from now hoss, hold your horses.

Srsly guys. I’m usually the one that likes to rush through d1, but we are playing through a holiday.im hosting a nye party and will not be able to post as much as I’d like until tomorrow.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Little Mac posted:

I think I'm super into voting newbies nowadays. Victory is the only thing that matters. If they're scum, they die.

Also agree with this. I’ll let a noobie survive until d2, but if I think they’re scum then I want to kill them.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

The Ninth Layer posted:

Btw Infinitum is dead wrong about townies concerning themselves with the other thread.

Every town player should at least be skimming the other thread to get a good idea of who their helpful players are aka who it's safe and good to shoot.

I’ll probably wait until later in th game before reading the other thread. We are only casing based off d1 gut reads, which usually end up being incredibly wrong. Seems like a waste of time to keep up with their thread this early imho

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
108 new posts what the gently caress

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Sorry that I haven’t been active.

I sort of believe infi’s rolecop claim, but I’m not sure why he felt the need to claim d1. I’ve never played a battle mafia game before, so I’m not sure how common it is to have non-battle abilities in this game.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Xad posted:

Thanks for reminding me, ##vote venom soag

Why did ssv’s vote remind you to vote for another player?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

The Ninth Layer posted:

Whether intentionally or not, pera is playing follow the leader on infs suspicions. Inf votes me and pera is quick to signal boost it, Inf votes TM and pera me-toos it.

Yeah that post caught my eye too. I was getting ready to mention that pera has disappeared, then I saw she made that post.

I’m most sus of pera, drunk nerds, and nat20.
I think inf is town. My othe town reads are flerp, venom sloag and tnl

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lol wow bif. Are you seriously turning on me because I haven’t posted 30 times on d1

Just lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

bif didnt pick me because i have a dayvig that only kills people im in a mason w/

##vote bminus in the back of my mind i thought they were scummy but i couldnt rly put anything forward w/r/t their basically no posting. bif's is a lot more substantial and convinces me

Lol what exactly did you find scummy?

For the record bif asked for all of my name, role, abilities etc and I provided them without hesitation. You know, because I’m town.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anidav posted:

drat b, you showed up quick. What were you waiting for? Hammer?

Uh, no. I’ve been following the thread all day. Anyone who knows me should know that I don’t contribute much on d1. Ive been providing reads for most of d1. And I was wondering why bif stopped responding to some of my posts in the mason chat.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

your lack of posting concerned me because ur usually more active (holidays, obv, play a part in this but it still struck me as a bit odd). it was also a bit of a meta feel because i felt like you werent posting as ur usual self.

most of bminus's posts r mostly nothing, excuses, or thin cases. but the big thing is that there ARE posts in a way that makes me feel like theyre just posts to be like "yeah im here!" so to both avoid getting lurker killed and to make it seem like youre active so as to avoid getting put in the lurker pool.

like i said, it wasnt anything i could actually work w/ because there is nothing there. you were in the back of my mind, but i was more interested in more scummy people like infi because they had posts we could read.

I’ll post here what I just posted in my mason chat, since it applies to more than just bif

It is day 1. Do you realize that we will almost be incredibly wrong in our reads? I don’t enjoy spending an insane amount of time making cases on d1 content. You’ve played games with me before and, you should know that I come on strong once there’s actual content to discuss (deaths,night actions, etc)
Ive provided reads, admittedly not at the detailed level of some people, but I’ve been around for all of d1

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Bifauxnen posted:

The very first thing I posted in our chat was an explanation of the masonry, and to not be alarmed by the big member list cause it was all 3 mods in there. I explained it was private so he could fullclaim. I reminded him no numbers were allowed, but he should paraphrase what all he has to work with.

After a long pause with still no B- around, I said he would need class, backround, and rank info AS WELL, and he should post his claims immediately even if I was asleep when he showed up.

When he finally did, he posted just the background, class and rank. I could see that as a possible misunderstanding, that I was asking for ONLY those, but...

after that, I asked for his abilities, and which ones he could do in which phase and which ones required Shine. He never did clarify about the Shine. And he left out a passive ability he just newly claimed.

That is seriously what pinged you? LOL

I didn’t see that I had a pm with a link to the discord. Podima messaged me on discord telling me to check my pms, which I promptly did, and immediately joined the thread.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Bifauxnen posted:

The very first thing I posted in our chat was an explanation of the masonry, and to not be alarmed by the big member list cause it was all 3 mods in there. I explained it was private so he could fullclaim. I reminded him no numbers were allowed, but he should paraphrase what all he has to work with.

After a long pause with still no B- around, I said he would need class, backround, and rank info AS WELL, and he should post his claims immediately even if I was asleep when he showed up.

When he finally did, he posted just the background, class and rank. I could see that as a possible misunderstanding, that I was asking for ONLY those, but...

after that, I asked for his abilities, and which ones he could do in which phase and which ones required Shine. He never did clarify about the Shine. And he left out a passive ability he just newly claimed.

But I literally said “I have more info if you want” and you said no that’s ok. Jesus christ

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

b-minus1 posted:

But I literally said “I have more info if you want” and you said no that’s ok. Jesus christ

Bif, not but

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

b-minus1 posted:

You didn’t ask about the shine and I’m still a little confused about how it works, but lol. All this time I thought we were working together.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Bifauxnen posted:

I said no I did not need the "specific descriptive words" in your background and rank you said you were refraining from sharing. And AFTER that I went on to ask you to sum up your abilities. But you left out that passive one you just told me now.

We are splitting hairs here. You clearly know more about large mafia games and roles than I do.

Haha this is insane. I guess I’ll go ahead and full claim everything I told bif when I first joined the discord.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Eh it’s nkt gonna matter. As you’ll see when I’m lynched. You’ll probsvly see my flip. Well I think I would have been useful too.

Thanks for nothing bif. There was clearly a reason you chose me to be advisor. But I didn’t think it would be you who prevented me from even getting a chance. Good job.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

How the hell do you know? Claim, dude

Ok. Sorry I was mad when I wrote that post. Gimme a minut, I’m on my phone

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

How the hell do you know? Claim, dude

Bif asked for the basics:

My first post: Awesome! The basics: I am Roberto, town alignment. I’m a farmer, class is a tactician and a private rank.

Bif said “yeah I don’t need any of that stuff” and asked me to sum up my abilities

I can collect gear from a random dead player at the end of a battle. I can provide cover for another player in battle. I have very weak melee and range attacks. And I have an ability to join a battle in a rank of my choice. There are a few other specific descriptive words in my background and rank but Ill refrain from sharing them unless you think it’s ok.I know I said I want to be in the first battle, but I sort of think I will be more useful in battle later in the game.

I didn’t mention that I was immune to fire, which makes me think there is some sort of arsonist or fire role. I don’t know why I didn’t say that right away, I was worried about posting too much from my role pm.

Anything else, feel free to ask.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Bifauxnen posted:

B- has posted some things out of order.

Jesus Christ. I moved one sentence before another. What the gently caress is wrong with you

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Here are my scum reads:

Natural 20, busb, drunk nerds
Town reads. Flerp, venom soag xad, inf, jeabus

Neutral on everyone else. It’s day 1 ffs.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

what happened to your read on Pera?

I forgot to include pera. I’m under a lot of pressure right now and also on my phone. Excuses, I know. But it’s the truth.

At this point There’s not much more I can say. I was looking forward to playing in my first shine game and didn’t expect my own mason partner to turn on me d1. Bif picked me to be advisor too lol. Woe is me, yeah I know. I’m frustrated.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

busb posted:

there's actually a lot you can say. if you were looking forward to playng then why didn't you play?
i know NYE and holidays etc but maybe start with why the people on your scum list are scummy? that's all we really care about!

I really thought I was participating enough for d1 in the chat and in the mason chat. Obviously I’m the only one who thinks that, so I’ll have to rethink my strategy. But anyone who has played with me can attest that you will never get walls of text of my own thoughts in the style of peramene, TNL or even Bif, especially early in the game. Im not capable of crafting elegant posts of my words alone. Imo i thrive on dissecting other players’ activity from previous days when I construct my scum cases. That’s how I have always played mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
How frustrating. Good luck town. Sorry for letting you down. Hopefully my role wasn’t too powerful.

• Locked thread