Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, everyone!

1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
B - ok
2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
D - i think im bad i blame podima foir revenge for hoagwarts but i will still do a thing!!

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
B - i am a ranged thing

4. Do you have a very clear preference between Physical and Occult abilities? DON'T give away which one yet, just wondering... do you actually have to care about what kind of buffs you get?
yes

5a. If you had a dayvig right now, who would you shoot and why
i would shoot someone in the other thread of course!!!! noobds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I will fly straight and true Birb. Fire away~

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Kill all dogs

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Bifauxnen posted:

A- Araki-sensei?!

Kill all anime first ofc

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
However u can friend

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Xad posted:

*squints eyes* but uh, don't you look like one of 'em?

no

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i just did a fart and i don't want to alarm anyone, but it Smells Real Bad - much like anidave

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
im no wrestler because i don't know any wrestlers because wrestling is real bad. like super-nearly-as-bad-as-dogs bad

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

tpink posted:

I thought so too but I was in Mexico City recently and saw Lucha Libre, and brother, let me tell you, that was a pretty loving amazing experience.

i think u mean Tesas, brother

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
##vote tithin

u wot

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

b-minus1 posted:

Holy poo poo. You know who hates dogs? Scum.

##vote busb

:rolleyes:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
my cases are that tithin and birb are the mexicans in our thread because of bad vibe postnig but i'm cool with gettnig rid of infinitum and anidav for bbeing real bad actual posters too

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Anidav posted:

I just noticed the game had started. What did I miss?

you missed a lazy checkin post that pinpointed a scums

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Tired Moritz posted:

i like this thread, it's more chill

welcome to straya.

also i kinda don't want to vote for spacefriend day1 and i'm for reals sorry about stuff and hope D chills out soon tiths.
i don't think i played in this adnivadeid nursejoke game but i still wanna kill him

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
spacefriend = tiths

gaspy: i want to be in the back row because i'm much more useful there.
I really don't think it's that useful (even though you acknowledge its not a gotcha) from other soldiers games it totally depends on what OPGs and abilities scum got i don't see how you can make those sweeping statements. we'll see a mix of scum wanting to be in combat and not wanting to etc etc.

someone wanting to be at the front is likely to be more durable and know as such, given that two ranks of the enemy can attack them instead of one. that is a legit reason to not want to be front.

i didn't find jeabus' posts to ping me as much as tithin's and birb's initially but i will reread

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I'm hungover and tired. My new year's resolution is to drink more and sleep less.

Also I'm going to the beach today so probs won't be around.

Re the tnl thing the sentiment is fine but feels like a way for him to force himself into day 1 chat with vaguely appropriate strategy and just reads drat awkward. Would vote, just because he's right didn't mean he's not Billy badguy (i just made this term up by the way it's p good.)

Venom soag I have reread jeabus and don't think he's as egregious as tith or TNL, but can see what you're getting at. I need more time to sus out his posting style

Also I cbf phone voting is too hard so consider this a tnl vote

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
this is me doing a ##vote TNL

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
2018 is p good so far hope you fellas and gals stuck in the past catch up soon

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
wow check out this noob that has avatars turned on

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

The Ninth Layer posted:

Busbs vote on me is atrocious. Literally I must be scum for raising good points and being right, as if town wouldn't or couldn't make those same posts. Scummy!

this is a classic misrepresentation of a vote. as i said it was the way you talked about it screamed scum trying to engage by offering a 'townie viewpoint post', and did not read as genuine.

I also call out lurkers getting close to deadlines etc and have no problem with the tactic, but i do with the way you offered to the thread which felt ingenuine.

vote for me then if you think i'm scummy

Drunk Nerds posted:

I've noticed it too, I think it might be people on the literal opposite side of the globe, though, so I'm okay with it. It's like if I tried to put on an aussie accent, I would just say "mate" a lot.

hmm u seem to have misspeleld 'oval office' but better lukc next time

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Drunk Nerds posted:

oval office

u did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yeah:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Venom Soag posted:

I feel like the case of “he said people should participate” is not the best one today and that some of the people pushing on this one are likely scum.

did it not read odd to you at all????????????????????????????

also birb is buddying up to me too much i dont like it, lets fight instead

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
3rd party in soldiers is dumb and bad and i'm going to play this game assuming Podima is good mod and hasn't put any in.
I thnik 4 scum might be a bit low, TNL we had 5 in FWAW didn't we? 5 should be about right given that scum can die in battle too and get dunked on there.

apart from that meta chat i haven't really pinged anything else yet so am happy with my picks as tithin and TNL for now, and birb is all over the fuckin place

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah, people that keep saying "READ MY OLD POSTS" instead of just paraphrasing their own thoughts tend to be scum

Leave derek smart alone you meanie

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
my hottakes over today:

even though infinitum is a terrible poster i don't think he's scum this game. i just don't get the motivation to do what he's done. i think we're better off letting someone sort him out in battle or such and hanging someone that sounds actually dodgy rather than for a stupid gambit that reads as dumb town

birb flip flops again on a whim

venom keeps saying i'm one of his top scum picks for no reason, but i'm never in his 'would vote' list either

pretty prince of parties posted:

"Good Argument, Infi," *votes fer town anyway & then throws a holiday lurker under bus*"

Prince's reaction posts read p scummy and would vote for his awkward kinda scumslip then laughing about it .

also amusing to point out the b-'s vote on me for my jokeposting is still his only vote this game.

who else has jokevotes languishing with 24 hours to go? i'm more concerned they are scum than wasting our hanging on a nopost lurker like RF or whatever.

i've calmed on tithin a bit, i think i was just pinged by his moody posts, earlier he reads more townie for now.

I still think TNL reads fuckin dodgy, but i would also vote Prince

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Like TNLs response to it was pointing out 'oh haha you scumslipped explain yourself' then when the xplanation was 'oh I just meant I think he's town's TNL was all 'haha oh okay cool that sounds fine then.

Anyway my point is if at any stage one of them flips scum look at the other

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Infinitum posted:

I knew all those terrible things people say about you weren't true Busb

Nobody has ever said anything bad about me though :confused:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Log off

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

fwiw I though b-minus busb vote was th kind of thing scum can pull to look like theyre around without being called on it, woulb vote but holy hell do I prefer Xof

I pointed this out yesterday.

I can't believe how pissy TNL and tired Moritz have been haha like walk away from your screens haha dayum

##vote bminus
Comes in to defend himself, lets jokevote languish even though his defense is he had responded to everything and been active enough, but not active enough to actually say who he thinks is scum or vote.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
who cares about abilities vote for a scum and tell us reads moroon

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
oh hi bbirb

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

b-minus1 posted:

Here are my scum reads:

Natural 20, busb, drunk nerds
Town reads. Flerp, venom soag xad, inf, jeabus

Neutral on everyone else. It’s day 1 ffs.

So you're happy with your jokevote? thats cool jokevotes are cool you should always keep jokevotes on even when you dont say anything about why it might not even be a jokevote anymore because that's a great idea!!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
did u like the cool chain lunch i setup little mac?
i liked it

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

b-minus1 posted:

I forgot to include pera. I’m under a lot of pressure right now and also on my phone. Excuses, I know. But it’s the truth.

At this point There’s not much more I can say. I was looking forward to playing in my first shine game and didn’t expect my own mason partner to turn on me d1. Bif picked me to be advisor too lol. Woe is me, yeah I know. I’m frustrated.

there's actually a lot you can say. if you were looking forward to playng then why didn't you play?
i know NYE and holidays etc but maybe start with why the people on your scum list are scummy? that's all we really care about!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Not Voting (7): curiousCat, Drunk Nerds, iajanus, Mithross, Retro Futurist, tithin, tpink :rubshands:

2 hours till deadline.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
phew i'm glad you didn't post not safe for work content on this child friendly goatse abhorring international web site

im a volcel just so u know to treat me with respect at all times

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
also b- chucked out names into his list with no thought anywhere even with us pressuring him so i feel good about him being scum

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i'm getting the biggest rolleyes emoji irl rn

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Venom Soag posted:

You have no idea how hyped I am for battle. This is going to be amazing.

how many townies r u going to slaughter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
:thunk:

• Locked thread