Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
B - Yes

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front

4. Do you have a very clear preference between Physical and Occult abilities? DON'T give away which one yet, just wondering... do you actually have to care about what kind of buffs you get?
A. Yeah, I definitely favor one type over the other WHICH I WILL NOT SAY JUST YET BECAUSE I AM A SMART TOWNIE TOWN

5a. If you had a dayvig right now, who would you shoot and why
5b. besides me

busb because this is, of course, the anime thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tired Moritz posted:

Seeing lots of betas in this thread

would shoot moritz

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

too fkcuin many

agreed

pera i am like the wrestler "BIG BOSSMAN" because i come from cobb county georgia and i have respect for law and order *THIS IS NOT A COP CLAIM but i do like how the dead wrestler is from where i am from*

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm a bit put off by the flavourfishing here. I know it's just asking for names, but names can lead to descriptions can lead to abilities...

Really? I find it charmingly townie

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't vote new players before day 3 as a general policy, that's not changing this game either.

I think I'm super into voting newbies nowadays. Victory is the only thing that matters. If they're scum, they die.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Sup New Year's was crazy and I don't want to leave my bed ever

##vote prince of space

I think them assuming Xad is town for no reason a few pages back is an honest to goodness scum slip. Also killing POS would get rid of one bad self-imposed posting restriction in a thread full of them.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi, I'm just caught up (mostly skimmed to get here). For what it's worth, I think b-minus' response reads genuine but I mean, I don't think there's someone else to vote for in 2.5 hours. I'll hold my vote to the end.

I also would still very much like to vote Prince of Space.

Bifauxnen posted:

he's just whining about it in our channel too.

Whining is not winning.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

tpink posted:

Is your vote for Prince still just based on you thinking he scum-slipped by assuming Xad is town, or anything else since then?

He's barely posted since then, but that and I've completely turned on his posting gimmick and want it obliterated from the Texas realm

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hey I'm actually going out for dinner apparently so ##vote b-minus

Coach, put me in.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Why is the thread leader in the actual battle?!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Umm okay. That was unexpected.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I also have a small heal that I'd be glad to use at Bif's suggestion.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

curiousCat posted:

if you were reading posts you could see that you can't use items on other people

What item?

If you'd read my post, etc etc

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi! My name is Little Mac and I was asked to post reads! Here are my thoughts on some suspicious characters in this game.

First off, re: Prince of Space
So I definitely flip-flopped on how I thought his PR thing was silly to how it was annoying. I own that. I have settled on annoying. I harped on the slip thing because I really don't see what I feel to be "true" scumslips too often, but I think the Xad thing is less of one in response to this post this post, which I actually really like. I still think the PR is very, very bad though.

People I think are scummy:

CuriousCat - I am pretty much always an easy dunk in almost any mafia game. My job can become suddenly busy which leads to lurking. I don't really know why she stopped pushing me, to be honest. It feels like she just saw it wasn't going anywhere and moved elsewhere. She has posted more than some others but hasn't actually submitted any real case whatsoever (example here - this is just calling out low content, which is infinitely low hanging fruit). CC pings me because she's going for easy peasy things but is also being really hesitant about making any solid calls.

SirSamVimes: His post history, especially in day one, is really strange to me. There is a lot of moving around from person to person - first he goes for lurkers, then defending Infinitum and voting Venom Soag, then Infinitum looks bad, then Xad - it's a very schizophrenic style for an entire day. While I get the idea of being bad at the early stages of big games - because, like, same - his lack of posting in Day 2 when there's little to flail at (Because Infinitum is the obvious vote) says something, I believe.

Anidav - I'm getting tired after rereading most of the thread, but I wanted to commit to giving at least three people I thought were scummy when I started writing this post. Honestly most of what I think was sad fairly well in nat20's post here. A lot of throwing spaghetti at the wall. nat20 mentions a meta case, which is one thing I'm finding tough in this game: most of the people I have played with in the past are in the OTHER thread. I don't know a lot of folks here.

Anyway, I'm going to vote Infinitum, but those are my pics. Bif, earlier you mentioned healing flerp. I haven't used my heal yet. flerp, do you still need it?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Also please put me into battle, thanks.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

My heal is, admittedly, very unimpressive!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok I'm getting a bit frustrated with RF here. While we're waiting for him to deign to grace us with his scumlist, can all y'all just quickly quote this post and confirm when your day action is entered.

Don't say what the action is, obviously. If you have no day action, dont say that either, just tell me you're all ready to move on.

We'll wait for RF a while longer, I'll obsess over the final battle picks a while longer, and once I get things locked in, I'll move my vote to Infinitum and that's your cue.

Donezo.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

curiousCat posted:

Mac, why bother pushing a case on you when your only response to me saying you're probably scum is... saying I'm probably scum? That's just lame. And we're gonna lynch infi today, there's no way to make you feel pressured, it's not worth the effort. I'll wait till tomorrow if I'm still around, and I'll hope people listen to what I said if I'm not.

Well I mean our last interaction was you decided to be rude for no reason about my heal and accuse me of not paying attention when, in fact, you were the one not thinking. It looks to me like you're just throwing things out there and when they don't work, you dip. You tried to call me out, you hosed up, you dipped. Now you're saying it's because pushing a case on me is not worth the effort, which is just lol.

It may reek of OMGUS, but your "cases" are awful and you've contributed less than I have in far more posts.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

My heal was blocked and I'm not in the battle. Disappointing day.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Venom Soag posted:

I think D3 is time for all ya’ll lurkers and shade throwers to finally fuckin nut up and post some takes.

Little Mac, Mithross, Retro Futurist, SSV, Nat 20 you’re making this disgustingly easy for scum and should feel fuckin ashamed.

Hi, I did this near the end of the day yesterday. See here.

My picks haven't much changed. I'd vote you too based on the deaths. I had to go read the rules again because it was kinda confusing, but I didn't realize scum weren't beholden to the "attacks only go forward" thing. Which makes sense, but I overlooked it.

I believe Prince of Space and tentatively believe pera.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't want to vote n20 based on that letter lol

I've stated my cases. If we can't vote soag, we should ##vote ssv

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yo, I gotta dinky heal. It's so weak that I have to set a phone reminder that says "heal someone or else you will forget," but it is something. Wherever you want it, Bif.

He said jeabus

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay,

HEALERS: Same routine as yesterday. Don't claim or nothing, and don't use up Shine. Only use renewable day abilities, to give Jeabus the full hugbox treatment.

Cat, I'll get back to you about your situation.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Venom Soag posted:

It’s more that if you’re calling Bif “He” I’m questioning how much of this thread you’re actually reading.

Apologies. Phone posting and it auto corrected. That's pretty huge stretch, though.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Really? I read it as soag trying to connect what I posted as scummy when I just typoed. In reading, I disagree soak should have immunity today.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

For what it's worth, I'm finding POS's defense vs pera to read as very town.

I don't see the iajanus vote, to be honest.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Also, I would like to be in the battle, please.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Bifauxnen posted:

You preferred front, right?

Hey btw you were pushing Cat a fair bit before. How are you feeling about that now?

Yes.

Cat's not as good of a dunk choice as SSV. I am interested in the thing you told her not to talk about. If she has a legit explanation to exonerate soag, that'd be neat to have.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##unvote

I'm uncomfortable voting after the claim and not remembering TNL died is more likely a disengaged town mistake to make. I'm still open to it, but not committed.

Also busb is in this game?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Venom Soag posted:

Everything about this sucks.

- it’s more commonly lurky scum who don’t pay attention to flips

- you’re lurky as gently caress so YOU don’t get to pull the “so and so is in this game???” bullshit

All you’re interested in is excusing yourself.

Coming from the pov of an actual disengaged townie, I disagree!

I also get to post what I want. It's very good and fun. Perhaps I could have worded it with "busb's parts weirded me out, but I will reread later" but that's less funny to me.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Also

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jan 9, 2018

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Jesus Christ phone posting is loving terrible

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Podima posted:

Please don't edit your posts, even "ninja" edits aren't always safe! There's no shame in Mafia edits!

I saw the original post and this edit is harmless, but the whole thread should take this as a warning. Thanks for understanding!

Yeah I was ready to take my licks for that one. Again, phone posting sucks. Thank you for understanding.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

SirSamVimes posted:

Your Mother Is Very Disappointed In You is the stun.

This post is what caused me to unvote ssv but it strikes me now that he could have been telling the truth about his claim and this move name seems kinda scummy sounding. I know it's flavor or whatever.

I think mithross was a better donk but I'm okay being outvoted.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yo, for loving serious?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Just put me in a fight Jesus Christ. I literally bring nothing else to the table here.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

that has little to do with stats and cool moves

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

curiousCat posted:

and everything to do with the underlying concept of the game you signed up to play in

so
play
in
it

Certainly and I've given my reads. I'm more than likely voting for soag tomorrow unless something miraculous happens during the battle.

But I mean you can eat poo poo I guess? You're extremely abrasive and everything that's terrible about playing in this community.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

curiousCat posted:

if I'm seriously an abraisive rear end in a top hat can someone tell me or is little mac just being whiny that I won't give him a pass

It's not about getting a pass or being whiny but posting like that is totally abrasive and you've been doing it all game. It makes it impossible to interact with you. I get that I lurk - but you don't have to be rude.

Maybe I'm just cranky. I should probably not be reading the internet tonight. Carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I didn't get roleblocked this time.

• Locked thread