Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
And we stunting like
Gucci Gucci, Louis Louis, Fendi Fendi, Prada
Basic bitches wear that poo poo so I don't even bother
The basic bitches wear that poo poo, so I don't even bother
I put that on my partner, I put that on my family
Oakland city represent, address me as your majesty
Yeah you can kiss the ring, but you can never touch the crown
I smoke a million Swisher blunts and I ain't never coming down
Bitch, you ain't no Barbie, I see you work at Arby's
Number 2, super-sized, hurry up I'm starving
Gnarly, radical, on the block I'm magical
See me at your college campus baggie full of Adderalls
Call me if you need a fix, call me if you need a boost
See them other chicken heads? They don't never leave the coop
I'm in the coupe cruising, I got the stolen plates
Serving all the fiends over there by the Golden Gate
Bridge, I'm colder than the fridge and the freezer
I'm snatching all your bitches at my leisure
And we stunting like
I'm lookin' like Madonna but I'm flossing like Ivana
Trump, you know I keep that work in my trunk
Got my hand on the pump if you wanna press your luck
I'm yelling "Free V-Nasty" 'til my throat is raspy
Young, rich and flashy I be where the cash be
You can't find that? I think you need a Google Map
My pearl-handled kitty-cat will leave and press your noodle back
Now Google that groupies follow me like Twitter
I'm rolling up my catnip and making GBS threads in your litter
Why you looking bitter? I be looking better
The type of bitch that make you wish that you ain't never met her
The editor, director plus I'm my own boss
So posh, nails fierce with the gold gloss
Which means nobody getting over me
I got the swag and it's pumping out my ovaries
And we stunting like
Oh, all you basic-rear end hoes out there
Man, I got rooms full of bad bitches
They don't need Gucci, they don't need Louis
We swagging, eh, meow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Got my shitposting done early who is the scum beside the idiots voting me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I will not be reading the other thread and I highly recommend we do not rely on KB for discussion of the other thread because discussing it as king is silly

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to hang back a bit at first so I don't overwhelm the thread with my usual posting.

But I'm down with theft. And I'm fine with some of the information being asked for as a starting point, with some editing. I'll need that at a minimum to make good choices.

1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.
C - That's my choice right now I may change my mind later.

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

B
C
Front

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Y’all dumb as poo poo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

These are my answers given the choices, but my real feeling is :shrug: for all of them

Yeah I feel like these questions are okay from very general perspectives but I hope KB isn’t using them as a sole deciding factor for combat

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote genex floundering about question answers a couple times.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

Since I haven't done a shine game before...exactly why are we voting to lynch? I assumed we are all on the same side since we were drafted to this team.

Nope! There is a scum team in each thread. :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I’d use it in GeneX because I think he is scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Once we all (or enough of us) have replied to this, please remind me that I have a comment on it, particularly the third part.

This is a bad and weird post

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
First thing to note is that scum mostly don't want to be in the front row, though there's minor risks of scum actually having powers that work better in the front row (eg ranged powers, which I'm assuming can fire backwards for scum. If that's not the case, then this entire point takes on double urgency, because the front row strongly neuters scum). Second thing to note is that weakly wanting to be in or out of battle is scummy, even if there are definitely builds where it would make sense. All that said, the combination of answers is what's probably most important here.

This whole paragraph is wrong

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There is not a minor risk of scum having powers that benefit them in the front row, it’s almost a given that there will be scum who have powers that will function better in the front or have the potential to dramatically weaken our front line. You can’t make any inference on alignment based on line selection, and even implying you can do so is dangerous and creates a possible blind spot for future reads. There is no reason (outside of knowledge you’ve obtained outside of thread) to assume front row neuters scum, period.

To the next point: wanting to weakly be in or out of battle is a sensible option. Someone may have an ability that they think has a strong use in battle while simultaneously having one that may have a strong use at home, and be unsure which of those abilities is more useful at this point. They may be specifically willing to go into battle early but not want to draw attention to themselves from readers in the other thread. The battle questions are l, as of now, simply battle questions that KB can use to draw combat mappings from. Treating them as anything deeper on face is dangerous at best and a false narrative at worst.

They are worth referencing in the future, and they are worth referencing in the case people avoid answering or answe abnormally, but that is all

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
CAN YOU SERIOUSLY, seriously not think of any reason why Town would want to be in the back

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Slaan posted:

Healing, giving front row armor/shields, giving damage boosts, etc could all be useful back row roles

And scum with melee skills can almost certainly hit their own row and/or back row. Not being able to would be silly

Idk who you are but :h:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Gene you are objectively wrong

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Or you know from outside the thread that scum do not want to be in the front row because they don’t have the stats to be up there

Either way, not a good look

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I...am concerned quid :P

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

no i'm not

Yes, you actually are. I’m not going to type up an essay of my experience with soldiers games but trust me on this: using row selection as a credential in any way to gauge towniness, especially this early on is wrong

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Your Personal Muse posted:

Just listen to dumb stupid idiotic Kash

Love you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

I'm pretty sure that I'm correct but I'll bow to your experience claim and concede the point, maybe practice plays out different than theory

if someone else has played these games and disagrees with kashuno, please speak up

Kashuno posted:

Love you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Admittedly it was a weird early callout

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:agreed:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

No one ever gave me one :-(

Yeah this was on me. Running a game as I was trying to also get a promotion at work was terrible and I fell off completely :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also please STOP TRYING TO SETUP SPEC ON DAY 1

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote Tobbs fuckre

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

For KB:

I know this wasn't part of the questions, but I don't feel like it's a bad thing to share as it will help with strategy, especially if you decide to start invading Texas and want to min-max your setup.

The role that fits me best is [TANK]. I don't hit very hard, but I can take more punishment than most and stay standing.

This is the kind of thing that is and to reveal because it helps enemy targeting a lot 🙃

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I am prepared to die for Glorious Mexico. Maybe it helps them a little (knowing they need to hit me a lot, or possibly avoiding me to hit an easier target) but if you stick your tanks up front, the enemy will have to work pretty hard to bring down more than one. Like I said, it's more important if we are invading Mexico than battling on neutral ground.

Everything you just said is like the exact problem with people who claim vanilla Town. You are helping scum way more than us

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tobbs this is a weird reach even for you. I’m saying the tank claim is similar to a BT claim because of the following:

“I can take a beating but not do much damage” is similar to a VT claim, in that you have given the opposing team a lot of information without helping Town much. It tells their team to either ignore you and spread their attacks elsewhere, OR to bang you down in a massive attack. It ALSO tells the scum team in our thread information about who not to target with their abilities because you outright stated you are low damage and therefore unlikely to assist much in terms of killing the other side. You gave both the other thread and the scum team far more information than you have given Town, and furthermore painted yourself in a way that the other team could ignore you in combat

Not good for Town, very good for not Town. You are therefore not town

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I’d be willing to buy the Tobbs is Town with really dumb opinions, becaus ethat is his style

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Slaan posted:

Tobbs is probably town. All I'm seeing is a ton of people meta-gaming based on previous games, even though Podima has explicitly said he has changed things up so meta-gaming the thread won't work. Meta-gamers are probably the scum, tbh. They get wrong information put into the thread, while seeming helpful but taking out guys that are actually trying to work out the rules of this thread

##vote Kashuno

W..wha

I’m not sure how you vote me after that statement.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot to ##unvote.

Now you’re just trolling me 😡

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god look people he other thread is people who can read(?) and make battle plans off of what we post they aren’t loving robots. REVEALING SPECIFICS ABOUT YOUR ABILTIIES AND ROLES FOR NO GAIN IS NON TOWN SO PLEASE SHUT THE gently caress UP

Don’t @ me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Currently on my sus list

Quid
Tobbs
Slaan
Morathin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Slaan posted:

This is basically my original point. Calling Tobbs out for a bad post is stupid when there are ways to do it that would help Town. There is time left for more discussion to happen. Don't kill a guy so quickly.

It doesn’t matter if there are ways to do it that help town if he objectively picked the one that helps everyone but town

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
MMT no thank you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm honestly kind of retroactively embarrassed by how angry I got (both at you and in general) last time we played. It was lovely of me and I sincerely apologize :ohdear: :eng99:

But no, right now I find the momentum on you to be far more suspicious than anything you've said.

Also I mean...would you really call two new votes (3 in total) momentum? By that measure the momentum is also on me!!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don’t understand point 1 on your TQ list

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

I was trying to find a way to summarize his original case but admittedly probably didn't do the best job. It's probably easiest to just click the link so the quotes he's referencing appear.

My overall point is that I don't think his read on Slaan feels genuine. What say you?

I think his read on Slaan is great, and I actual feel the opposite of you; his view on Tobbs makes his view on Slaan feel more genuine. There are a slurry of problems with Slaan’s opinions and calling them all out even if they are not fully related is good

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Don’t like this post, this game is way too complicated to be derailed into play style meta arguments. Combined with a ton of heat on Tobbs right now, this is firing alarm bells.

Mmm nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Also Kash I don’t know how you can “hmm nah” that when IS himself literally said “this is actually probably a bad detail” two posts later:

“This is a bad derail but without that info it doesn’t make sense to me”

Is not the same as

“This is not worth pursuing”

• Locked thread