Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
B,B,B to KB. I'll read all this later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Nothing interesting yet.

Viva el División del Norte!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lurking rules. Read to page 6 then started drinking. What's up?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

That's kinda not great. Holiday weekend is a legitimate excuse but you better step up AA!!! :argh:

I'm not a day 1 player. I'm a lower tier character that shines best mid to late game but not late game. Don't let it fall on me to save the day, and I'm not motivated enough to get out of bed for war at the beginning. Let me know when the blood starts flowing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

Who’s scum AA

Hmm too soon to say, but I don't think it's quid. I think his vote on me was town reaction prodding. So that's why I ignored it.

I'm suss of GotG. Seems like flooding content to appear town. I need to drink more. Get less subjective eyes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I guess I should scrutinize things now. Come in a poo poo post, quit being social lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

Hmm bread I think you are bad town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Gamerofthegame posted:

he's probably drunk

it's that time of the year

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry for my absence. As it's been called out, I've been lurking, but mainly just holiday weekend things with my family and laziness in the nights. I won't have time to do a sit down analysis until later, but having been lurking and drive-by reading:

I still think GotG is suspicious for content versus anything concrete being defined in it. Walls of fluff.

I don't like MMT defending her suspicion of Kash with meta reasoning, even if it rang true at one point in time.

P Mush legit looks bad, but I've been wrong about this type of thing before, most recently in Minifauxnen Mafia where I thought RF/NGO were scum and I bulldogged on what I thought was anti-town behavior. Don't want to repeat that, but P Mush legit looks bad.

There were some other things, but work obligations. I'll do some more thorough thinking, reading and posting as time permits before deadline.

Love,

AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also like, I know I haven't been present, but I think people going yeah these lurker cases look good, are probably worth questioning esp. when there is everything else going on. Not that I mind the attention :allears:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh, after reading I think Slaan might be best pick.

P Mush strikes me as uninvested town at this point. internet troubles, the hassle of mobile researching, maybe big game day 1 content overkill. I hate big games, but love Pod soooo here I am, but yeah. I don't think P Mush is scum.

My suspicion meter for MMT is all over the place. I'll read 5 posts that make me think she's definitely town, and then one post that undoes that. The speculation about P Mush resonates with how I feel about them, but I think this is framing. Other than dispelling Kash's argument on Tobbs, I can't help but get a bad vibe from MMT.

GotG ehhhh maybe town, I feel less bad about them.

I think Slaan is a better pick because of an apparent scum slip in informed knowledge.

##vote Slaan

I'll check in periodically before deadline, but I got a long commute coming up in 20 minutes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

poo poo I just said

Almost goofed and edited, but to clarify the informed knowledge revolves around some extra mechanics stuff.that doesn't seem clearly delineated in the appendices or in my own role so :shrug:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm curious about this, what insider knowledge does it seem that he has?

Eh, I'm probably honing in on something stupid.

##unvote

I was misreading his interpretation of scum melee row mechanics, and its in contradiction with the rules so it's unlikely that was the slip up I thought it was.

I still don't feel great about him, but my own misunderstanding of his misunderstanding was why I thought he was scum.

However, I will say that I probably won't vote for P Mush for my previous given reasons in spite of thinking their play bad, I think it was just phone post skimming because of you know, other things. Which I'm guilty of myself.

Out of the leaders, Gamer is my next choice because I still think they've given little to nothing of use to the thread while generating suspicion for themselves.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Would also vote 50 pounds probably, I don't think they are town, but that's not coming up so much right now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Gamer

OK, getting ready to head home and such. I'll try to be back.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

If we have other healers, I'm fine with exposing you now. I've decided I need to know what I'm working with. Let me know.

I can do a thing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
specifically I can heal a moderate amount of damage. Also if you have me heal anyone, put me in tonight coach.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

specifically I can heal a moderate amount of damage. Also if you have me heal anyone, put me in tonight coach.

also sorry, not really caught up. Going to make an effort this game day, but life poo poo. I need a limpiada.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

Gene tried this already. Maybe read this game!!?!!?!!?!!?

I think GotG is scum.

YPM that post he is calling you out for reads, weren't you just digging on me completely? As chaoslord pointed out, mocking me? I thought it was heavy handed sarcasm, noted it as such, chuckled and went on about my business, but it seems like GotG is just trying to fit something here.

----

@thread at large:
##vote GotG, I mean he was like 2nd or 3rd candidate from D1.
Bad votes/cases remain the same.
I told you all PMush was probably town as their reasons were convincing. I get they probably dropped the ball with how they claimed, but that's all moot now anyhow...

w.e.

vote gamer and let's spill some pendejo blood

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Can people actually let their damage be known?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Oh gene is in battle, then KB don't have gene heal monathin in battle either. I think IS and I will be sufficient

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Cool. Have you recorded your action to heal Monathin?

Done

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It's just a busy time for me, and the rate of posts is too much too comment on in full during my brief posts.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't trying to just be a team player until the ranks were thinned. I can't keep track of every wall of text or wall of quotes or every question posited.

So admittedly, I've been reading KBs posts and context reading to try and understand cases.

I check enough that my queue of posts is less than 75.

Suspicion wise: I don't have any full formed cases, just feels on what other players are saying. It's my weekend starting in about 5 hours so I'll get my ace sleuthing in.

Sorry to be so self absorbed, but yeah... That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

King Burgundy, Locked in my heal on my sheet for Mon.
I would like to battle tonight in the back row.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
TMM has a weak case on quid, and is probably scum. Case
I consider this case weak for the following reasons:
A. The first point has to do with his voting of PMush, and his not other fully defined suspicions. However, Quid came in at -3 with TMM as that hammer.

Also he makes the same case about PMush "being invested in the other thread" 3 days prior. As a result I am alarmed at his reaction and conviction for voting Quid at the moment.

This is also from the same hour as the hammer. It was kind of mediating, but his attitude towards Quid prior to the battle is completely different.

Honestly, I feel like the result of the battle and TMM and his speculative claim regarding what happened during it seems orchestrated. Also not fully understanding how other shine roles work, or battle abilities even, I think it's a lot to hinge a case on because it can't be substantiated in behavior.

I too thought Quid to be kind of suspect with his continued buckshot suspicion of everyone and everything, but that's how he plays. He even mentions it himself somewhere early in the game. I feel like OMG, TMM and Moat are probably Texas Scumbros.

I'm convinced enough on TMM to vote there. I think Squid is being set up this time.

##vote TMM

To prove that I'm not just sucking quid off and trying to be counter to whatever is going on with his vote:

I have a lovely word doc with shittier notes
Quidthulhu’s first prod at me. I initially took this as town gauging reaction, but considering that it only happened 36 minutes after he made this post about singing rolling start. I find his immediate suspicion not good.

So Quid came in very soon after and called himself dumb for it. I never saw this until I came back to actually read, and that's when I realized my initial suspicion that it was town gauging was correct and that quid was being genuine.

---

Side Note that's kind of hilarious and important:

What the gently caress kind of vote is this lmbo

then look who comes in...

None other than TMM,

"That Moat vote brings Quid to -3, so nobody else should vote him until KB says it's ok."

Such a team player, definitely town oriented.

bad cases, bad votes, set up territory.

Gotta get another beer. Wish I had something stronger.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

AA with all due respect, I don't think your case makes any sense

In your own words, describe what is damning about the quid-tmm interactions?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hmm... I didn't take that as scum claiming, but rather as giving up but now that you say it...

I should uninstall this game. I'm terrible at it.

##vote quid

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Teresita failed to do any healing. Got too drunk on her own supply.

Also, not scum, just an idiot. A shameful idiot.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Debuff and or attack.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I attempted to frighten the entire front enemy rank using my brujeria

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also the cases on me are good, but they forget one crucial element. That I'm a dumbass. I got drunk, was feeling feisty and obligated. Thought quid was being set up. Tinfoiled myself into thinking his scum slip claim was frustration. I'm just an idiot.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm out of anime so I can't do anymore healing for the time being.

Use me for combat as much as needed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Please explain in more detail why you didn't heal yesterday.

I attempted to heal monathin. Assuming someone thinking I was scum blocked me or scum knowing I was town did.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

I know this was a typo for Shine but man I lol'ed at this. :j:

Lol I didn't even notice. Wrt who do I think blocked me, not a clue. I was lurking hard and suddenly appeared claiming to have a heal and wanting to battle. So anyone with a block and was town might have felt the need to block me.

Then on the flipside of that, anyone who was scum saw me come in after lurking urgently voicing the claim to my heal and a desire for battle.

I feel it's more likely town thought I'd try shenanigans and blocked me.

So yeah out of shine, but I can still be useful in combat. As far as scum hunting goes... I don't even trust my instincts. I spent like 2 1/2 hours making that lovely tmm as scum case, but I will say I still feel Moats play overall is questionable imo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

OMGVBFLOL posted:

yeah none of it is damning but all together it sure doesn't look good

also a claimed battle action of "i might have debuffed their front row"

I did debuff. I spooked em

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Well I revert to my original stance that I attempted to spook them.

I may or may not have spooked them.

:v:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

Can I ask what the flavor was around you being blocked? My gut reaction to that is that I don’t see how a RB would work on a day action.

Flavor probably doesn't matter fwiw, but my action just failed and I used my hooch.

Also the phases in this game probably make that less relevant too. Role Madness meticulouslycraftedness.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Full health here.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

Hahaha I had forgotten about his role claim :350: But even so that makes it less likely that a scum RBer would try and block a day action from a claimed tank. I haven't done a dedicated read on Tobbs yet because to this point I've thought he was town all game - my questions are just stuff I'm thinking of while I'm trying to process if he's lying or not. I've specifically not asked him to claim his role or ability in the event that he's town, I'm simply trying to see if I can catch him in a lie or not.

But my point still stands - I think AA is lying about the RB and it's suspicious to me that Tobbs doesn't mention anything at all about it until it comes time to corroborate what AA is saying.

Lol two players in a 25 player thread of a 50 player soldiers game. I have a full rpg style character sheet.

I don't think it's unrealistic in this massive role heavy game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I know I really mucked up, but I what world as scum would I make such a lovely defense while he was melting down?

My absence can be explained by the holiday, and general business of life.

But even disconnected from the thread, I'd check my team scum doc to see what the play was.

I may be bad at mafia, and an idiot, but I'm a team player.

Some of you have been scum with me in good games, recall my play. I know that's meta, but seriously.

This was an organic unfolding of my general stupidity and intoxication.

I do think omg or moat are scum probably, more later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I've used up all my best things. So I don't mind being put on the line to sort out suspicions given our lead.

If you think me scum, put me in the front rank with any other people you might think are scum. I can do one more cool thing.

• Locked thread