Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Vaya con Burgundy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTx-9X3Kr34

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I have played boot hill

I only played it a couple times way back in the mid/late 80s, but it was fun. Also fun: Car Wars.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I love dog cheese, which is what I call Chihuahua cheese.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Also!

##vote TMM - I have a theory.

##vote MMT

Your theory is wrong.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

That's town TMM, I'm sure of it. ##unvote

Also hi Max Peck, long time no game with! :) I'm going to be referring to you as Peck from now on for shorthand so as not to confuse you with the co-mod of the inferior thread.

This is just what MMT would say if she was scum and wanted me to fall for her ruse of being town testing me for my reaction at being voted!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have the other thread bookmarked and I will probably browse it from time to time, but I won't read it too closely.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I would say B/C/B, but I could also do B/C/A

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

B
C
Front

##vote Kashuno

Look at this scum, he can't even answer the question properly.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HpzZxOnlek

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buenos Dias friends!

I've made a large batch of huevos rancheros for everyone to eat!

But before I give anyone a serving, you have to answer a question first. And that question is: If you had the ability to know 2 of the abilities of someone (but not alignment/class/background/rank), who would you use it on and why?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max Peck posted:

Buenas, hilo.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit how long it took me to realize you're bad at imgur links. That said, it's a little weird to be focusing on scum-hunting in the other thread--it does a lot more good for us to be looking at this one.

Did you... did you read the rules at all? :ohdear:

MMT, because I know from past experience I'll have a hard time reading her and I want all the help I can get.

*serves up some breakfast to Max Peck*

I have to say I agree with you about Gene right now. I mean it's kind of nice to know that information, but at the same time collecting information on the other thread and then providing it to this thread is a great way to look busy without actually scumhunting.

I also like your answer about MMT because I often have trouble reading her as well.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

Since Peck already said Murmur Twin who I also struggle to read, I’d pick you, Madman. Even if you don’t post as much as you used to, you’re still a forceful personality. Mafia is just as much about convincing people to listen to you as being right and while I know some folks historically grate against your posting style I think you’re probably one of the better people about getting folks to listen. Any clues around you would be good. Also when you and Kashuno inevitably end up at each other it would be good to know about one of you :v:

Honorable mention to Kashuno for largely the same reasons.

I'll accept that because I have changed my style a bit and don't play as often any more.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

are we four pages in and trying to decide who to dayvig based on jokephase

thinking

re:combat

I can fight and I can make do in the front, but I'm feistier in the back.

how many days do soldier games on average last

Who is talking about dayvigs? Are you reading the game?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Dayvig is one of Bif's questions.

I think it's generally a good idea to look at the other thread, mostly because once we have some flips we can start to piece together who in the other thread is most likely on our team.

Unfortunately we shouldn't share those suspicions, because it could direct the Texans towards our allies. Still, it might help individuals choose their targets.

Yeah, but gamer said 'are we four pages in and talking about dayvigs', so clearly he is asking why we are talking about dayvigs, but nobody in this thread has asked about dayvigs afaik.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Should you choose me, I think you'll find that my ability names are hilariously appropriate for me specifically :350:

Oh, I don't have that kind of ability, I was just putting a question out to get some content going and thought it would be more interesting than the standard dayvig question.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Day 1 is always so fun and exciting

This is a pretty suspect drive by post.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And the way this game seems to be setup, I'm assuming that most people have both a ranged and melee ability. Now sure, there are almost certainly a few people out there who have only ranged or only melee abilities, but I suspect the majority of people can actually be used in either line and their preference is based more on how their stats are setup to interact with their abilities.

And another thought could be that people who would prefer to be in the back row just might not have that many HP because after all, the people in the front rows could be attacked by 6 people while the people in the back row can only be attacked by 3 people (not including scum attacks).

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Even though he probably should have kept it to himself or maybe been a little more circumspect, I see nothing really wrong with Tobbs giving up some information.

And just saying that he can take a lot of damage but might not deal a lot out isn't exactly game breaking information.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Your Personal Muse posted:

Tobbs is town, friends. He admirably pressure cased me. He’s just loud.

This is my take on it as well. Well, except he hasn't cased me.

I'm having a little trouble with you right now YPM. I know we've only played a few games together, but I remember that we tended to butt heads often. However, I haven't really seen anything from you yet that has pinged me and I find myself thinking your posts have been pretty good. I just don't know if that's a good or a bad thing right now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah, I forgot to ##unvote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot to ##unvote.

and by that I mean ##unvote

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Now you’re just trolling me 😡

My vote was never a real one.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

I don’t like this post either, because unless you’re Kashuno, the point being discussed at the moment isn’t whether or not Tobbs did something scummy by claiming, but that his justification of that has been real bad and pretty disingenuous. I don’t know why TMM would come in and ignore all of that just to say “nah that wasn’t that bad.”

This doesn't make sense to me. The sequence of events went:

1. Tobbs give some minor information about where he thinks he should be put in battle.
2. Kash comes in and makes a bigger deal of it than is necessary.
3. They get into an argument over it.

In my opinion there doesn't need to be any justification for Tobbs original post because the information he provided is not all that revealing.

Yes, it could be that a scum Tobbs is trying to get into the front row and insinuate that attacking him wouldn't be worthwhile, but I just don't see that as the case.

Essentially, I agree with MMT here:

Murmur Twin posted:

I just got home from work and have given the game a skim. Cases incoming, starting with my new strongest scum read:

This totally reeks of a scum fake case to me.

Tobbs shared some information with the thread. There are two interpretations as to why:

(a) Town Tobbs wanted to inform KB and thought the risk was worth the reward. He might be right and he might be wrong.
(b) Scum Tobbs knew that softclaiming D1 was anti-town and decided that drawing attention to himself was worth it.

To me, (a) sounds like a far more plausible scenario, and (b) feels like Kash started with "Tobbs is scum" and reverse-engineered a case as to why. Also, I'm not sure how Kash goes from accusing Tobbs of informing our threads' scum team to accusing him of being on it - if Tobbs was scum he would just talk in his scumdoc.

##vote Kash

I also have a strong meta scum read on Kash but I don't want that to distract from my main case.

Although I'm not as sure about Kash being scum at the moment.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

ps remind me how do I see number of posts by user in a thread

Click the ? under their name

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

ps remind me how do I see number of posts by user in a thread

Wait, sorry misread the post. Number of posts by use is clicking the re: number on the forum/control panel list.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

So you don’t think Tobbs’ response to Kash’s pressure was weird, TMM?

I think it's a very Tobbsian response which has me leaning town on him.

And again I agree with MMT here,

Murmur Twin posted:

Wow my gut as-I-read-the-thread reaction to what I'm seeing is that the push on Tobbs is very much being either pushed or supported by scum, but I'm going to go back and re-read this and see if I'm just missing something obvious.

Again the relevant question to me is "would sharing his role info be a play scum Tobbs would make?" and I can't see a world ever where he would just D1 fakeclaim something like that.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

man i made the first case against tobbs don't call me a bandwagon

That might be relevant if you didn't attach it to some kind of joke post. Reads more like you are throwing something out there and seeing if it gets traction before dropping your vote on it:

Gamerofthegame posted:

trap sprung!!

##vote slaan

for actual detective work tho

I feel like tobbs is doing this weird kind of disinformation thing, like

all feel like less then genuine observations to feel pro-town in the beginning

ps there's like a whole 24 hours or something usually to skim the thread for sick ability tells if need be there isn't much of a reason to read the hill billies now

This seems to be your only other real mention of Tobbs:

Gamerofthegame posted:

i don't want to stroke my ego but this also reads to me as tobbs getting called out and immediately trying to find something to latch onto... from something flimsy out of jokephase

which I guess i'm arguably doing but gently caress you

So yeah, I'm not exactly buying it and think you look pretty suspect.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

happy new year nerds

havent read the thread yet so no hot takes

generic opinion anybody pushing for an early dump or voting people to -3 or below is ultra scum

I don't like this post because it feels very much like a 'Hey, I'm in this game!' post.

Also, I don't believe anyone in this thread has mentioned getting an early hammer or putting real pressure on someone with a lot of votes. However, when I was skimming the other thread last night, I did notice that Bif made a post about early hammers and not wanting her thread to push people past -3 or so without checking with her first.

So it also kind of reads like maybe PMush is more interested in the other thread rather than this one.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I gotta say I keep flipping around on Kash and the volume of his posting isn't helping. I know he's almost always going to be at or near the top of the post count, but I tend to get suspicious when he's double the next poster and were aren't even a full day into the game. It just comes off to me as if Kash wants to make it difficult to dig through his history. And comments like this don't help.

Kashuno posted:

You think 3 pages is bad just you wait.

Now that said, at the moment, I'm not sure I'd want to lynch him today, although I do think he does need to stop trying to drown the thread in posts because for all his complaining that other people's play isn't helping, I don't think completely taking over the thread helps either as it can make it hard for other people to engage the game.

I am most suspicious of gamer and PMush right now. Gamer has just felt off since early in the game and I haven't really felt good about PMush's posts, although that is disregarding that she may be on a phone and limited data.

I don't see anything wrong with Quid at the moment. I was worried earlier, but he does look to be posting more and the stuff he's saying makes sense and comes off as sincere to me.

Also, Hats is feeling a bit scummy right now. I'm don't really buy his case against 50 pounds and don't really know what to think of his defense of Kash. I can't decide if it's scum trying to deflect some heat from a buddy or if it's scum trying to white knight a townie in trouble.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Truth Quark posted:

I can see TMM too tbh, he has been coming into the thread, dropping a big effort post, then peacing out with no follow up. He also hasn't voted yet in any of said effort posts except for joke votes early on. Example:

Lots of "I feel" with little or no follow up or reasoning. He also caught PMush in a weird "reading the other thread" thing, which while I agree with it, it means he *is* reading this thread somewhat closely but is still posting very little.

So what you're saying is that you don't want me to put effort into my posts? I know some of them could probably be described as wishy washy, but I've been giving my opinions and letting people see as them as they evolve over time.

Also, it's pretty funny that you are saying I am posting very little when you currently have less posts than me in the thread.

And as for me reading the other thread, I skimmed it before I went to bed last night and remembered the bif post when I saw PMush's post the next morning. Right now I currently see ~350 replies in the other thread that I haven't read and will likely never read at this point.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Keane is giving a really subpar effort right now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Truth Quark posted:

:shrug: I might be misremembering re: post volume. But what I am saying on the first point is you are making generally long posts that say very little, like with the example I posted.

Also, the last line very specifically mentioned this thread so you are incorrect about that last section!

Who are your top scum picks?

So what you are saying is that you have a problem with my posting style?

As for the last section, yeah I did misread that, so sorry there.

You literally quoted a post where I said I am most suspicious of Gamer and PMush right now. I have given reasons why earlier in the thread, it's not my job to go back and find those reasons for you.

However, I will say that nothing they have posted since I originally started being suspicious of them has made my change my opinion of them.

I also mentioned that I found Hat scummy and why in the post you originally quoted.

So why are you asking me a question that was already answered? Are you just trying to look like you are participating in the thread? I mean your whole first line here kind of falls apart when it's pretty clear that I said plenty in that post.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's nice too see that FL had decided to join us! :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think my three scum picks right now would be gamer/PMush and then maybe either Hats or AA.

However, I will say that I'm a little worried because there are a lot of people reporting the same list and I'm a little worried it's scum jumping at the chance to use two townies for cover. I'm not sure that's enough to stop me from voting one of them, but it does make me want to stay cautious.

And on that note, I have to say that I like that GeneX came up with a list that doesn't involve the most named suspects today and I also pretty much agree with his list as all three of the people he named are suspicious to me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

This is a bad post and is preparing for a juke/being wrong.

This is particularly funny since you literally said you don't see Gamer as scum one post above.

Do you not find the amount of people who now seem to be pointing at Gamer and PMush suspicious? If you don't think Gamer is scum, then surely you must think that some of them are scummy as well, right? Can you tell me who you think those people are?

You're wrong about me, but I can see why you'd think I'm suspicious. But what I'd really like to know is who else you think is scum because as far as I can tell the only person you think is scum is me, but you have made several town calls.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I am not going to do as TMM requested until more people look at him. Additionally, I will point out that TMM has, in the course of this single post, dismissed my points as foolish and concludes with them being valid.

Come on now.

Ahh yes, being dismissive of a person who you think is scum because they are asking you who else you think is scum. A truly good look for you

Seriously Keane, who else do you think is scum because I've gone through your post history and I'm the only person you've called scum in this game.

Kind of surprising that you only have one scum read and then refuse to offer up anymore just because that one scum read asked you for more.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

So are you writing this because you think I'm scum, or because you think I'm town? Because your engagement with somebody you ostensibly think is scum is pretty whacky.

I do not know what you are right now, but I have a slight scum lean because as I've said, I've been through your history and I'm the only person you've called scum.

So why is that Keane?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Wouldn't be a game alongside KB if KB wasn't wrong about my alignment.

It's a holiday weekend with a lot of words. Nobody has posted about you outside of me and I will continue to bang the dram until this is addressed.

And you are free to do so, just like I will continue to point out that you are still ignoring the request by now multiple people to provide other scum reads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

To be clear here, you can say I'm annoying and that I'm being a jerk, which is fine, but also doesn't address my points on TMM, and me being annoying is largely alignment neutral.

Letting the conversation veer into compliance/non-compliance does not address scumminess/towniess.

I'm not saying you are being annoying. I'm saying that you are directly avoiding giving scum reads other than to say that I'm scum.

As far as I can tell from your history, your reads are:

TMM: scum
Gamer: town
Kash: maybe town?

Like literally that's about all I remember of them. That's pretty odd for someone who is trying to say that I'm being open with my reads.

• Locked thread