Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Quidthulhu posted:

I never cased flerp? I floated an idea about potential scenarios that included flerp as a possibility but ultimately landed on the side of that being unlikely. B-minus read on me is flat inaccurate.

Me being at -2 does mean derby is probably lurked our scum.

hi quid ive read thru bminus's post a lot but i dont rly get why he thinks ur scum over ngo or chic? it reads like he wants to vote out ngo but then he votes for you, or is my reading comprehension jsut bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm gonna do some math scenarios here:

Remaining Players: 50 pounds of bread, b-minus1, Chic Trombone, Derby Ghost, flerp, Hal Incandenza, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Quidthulhu

EOD Votecount:

PMush Perfect (6): flerp, got off on a technicality, NEVERgirls official, Quidthulhu, Hal, b-minus
b-minus1 (1): 50 pounds of bread
flerp (2): PMush, Chic

Derby wasn't participating in the vote so him being a nulltell is probably not going to make this work. BUT:

We know that GoooaT and PMush were both town, so their cases on people were genuine suspicion.

There are basically two scenarios here:

A. flerp is scum & a bunch of town / early scum bussing? pushed a vote on him that put him at vote leader early
B. flerp is town and it was a town / town votesplit so the scum didn't care where they went.

I'm not sure what to make of the Hal/b-minus move. My vote on PMush very quickly 1-2-3 punched her, and honestly the person who looks the worst with that is me, but that might be a tactic by one or BOTH of b-minus and Hal. I think between the two of them one of them HAS to be scum, from a numbers perspective.

Looking again at that PMush vote specifically:

PMush Perfect (6): flerp (??), got off on a technicality (town), NEVERgirls official (??), Quidthulhu (town), Hal (scum?), b-minus (scum?)

It is presumable that the entire scumteam may have gone in on PMush (I'm thinking probably three?), which would make scum a combination of these people remaining.

But Derby being potentially MIA scum makes this not work.

I think from an INFORMATION standpoint, flerp is probably the best dunk today, but we're so behind that an information flip might not be the right course of action. HURM.

Like how do you read this as me casing flerp? My initial point is “I’m not sure flerp as scum is a more viable likelihood over flerp as town” and my end point is “flerp might be a good information vote but it’s probably too late for that.” That’s a case?

Why are people just throwing out statements of “fact” without saying why they feel that way? Scummy af. There’s a lot you could look at in the above and say I’m scummy for:

-floating an idea about flerp without committing to it - which is, in fact the exact opposite of “casing” him multiple people have said I did
-not committing to really anything in this post on a reread again
-the aforementioned leaving people out

Like, that’s a bad post because it was half thoughts I made before taking a shower and ran out of time to follow up on. But nobody is casing me on that, they’re making lazy rear end cases that are terrible.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

flerp posted:

hi quid ive read thru bminus's post a lot but i dont rly get why he thinks ur scum over ngo or chic? it reads like he wants to vote out ngo but then he votes for you, or is my reading comprehension jsut bad?

No, you are correct, that post is kind of a hot mess :/

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

flerp posted:

hi hello why dont we murder ngo wouldnt that be cool

what the heck flerp

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

what the heck flerp

with all love and respect obv

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i can see bminus trying to desperately push quid towards the mislycnh in order to win the game hrmmmm this soul serching has gotten a lot harder

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I still think it’s Chic, I don’t see them going “on you’re gonna vote ME??? how fake, I’m offended and I quit” while subsequently caring enough to point out its mylo and we need to not gently caress this up. Those two opinions do not jive.

B-minus case on me / ngo reads all over the place and fake enough to warrant major suspicion but I think Chic is the right choice today

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i was offended at your condescension, which it seems like you're still doing

cool. not obnoxious at all. and hey it is mylo, but here's the thing: i'm not loving it up right now. I am very, very sure my vote is on scum

also i pointed out it was mylo before i got mad at you quid, don't misrepresent the situation

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

like honestly don't talk down to people that poo poo is hella unattractive

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

blargh i'm probably getting too tilted for a dumb forums game

sorry ya'll i'll try to cool it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Quidthulhu posted:

I still think it’s Chic, I don’t see them going “on you’re gonna vote ME??? how fake, I’m offended and I quit” while subsequently caring enough to point out its mylo and we need to not gently caress this up. Those two opinions do not jive.

B-minus case on me / ngo reads all over the place and fake enough to warrant major suspicion but I think Chic is the right choice today

You literally said you thought flerp was the best dunk yesterday, even after he claimed and reported information.
My NGO reads have not been all over the place. I hate basically every single post he has made this game. Early on you and I seemed to be the only people who found his posts strange, but then you backed away from when you posted your reads yesterday.

flerp posted:

i can see bminus trying to desperately push quid towards the mislycnh in order to win the game hrmmmm this soul serching has gotten a lot harder

please show me which posts sounds desperate to you. you asked for my gut reads and I have provided them. I am on board with lynching any of the three people in my top scum reads: quid, ngo or 50.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
lets do ngo ttbh

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I literally said “flerp MIGHT be the best choice but it probably is too late to flip him from an informational standpoint”

Nowhere in there did I say “I think flerp is scum.”

I am pretty sure flerp is NOT scum but I’m not confident on that. If it were earlier i would be considering it for the information it would provide and to remove that question mark at this point is not the right call.

Again, normally I would expect to be called for pushing a dunk on someone for info over alignment. But that’s not what I’m being accused of here, I’m being called out for making a “bad case.” I didn’t even make a case! It speaks to the mindset of both Chic and b-minus that they are continuing to insist that my “case” was bad (maybe Hal, too, I keep forgetting him)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Man why is no one playing this game :/

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

go ask your scumbuddy 50 to contribute

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

please show me which posts sounds desperate to you. you asked for my gut reads and I have provided them. I am on board with lynching any of the three people in my top scum reads: quid, ngo or 50.

the post where u say quid is kind of suspicious, call out ngo as being the worst, and then you vote quid instead.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

go ask your scumbuddy 50 to contribute

Why you little!

But no really I already telled it, I wanna cancel bee movie 2.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Man why is no one playing this game :/

Sorry Quid last couple days have been hell work-wise, tomorrow I am off most of the day though so I promise to make you proud

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hi hal i feel like murdering ngo y/n to that idea?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't even really know with this game, man. I could make an argument as to why everyone is scum. There's actually been more content than I thought there was so I probably need to reread deeper than I thought.

PMush was the main push on Flerp yesterday and the vote was between the two of them. She was susp of Chic but dropped that line of thinking after she moved towards flerp, and I'm not sure why she did that other than a lurker policy vote. The pile on at the end to PMush feels pretty arbitrary and I am pretty sure one of Hal and b-minus have to be scum based on the timing and the rush. I feel like scum were maybe splitting the vote between two town members since Pmush was the driving force on flerp.

Hurm hurm hurm.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

GooaT was hard on both Hal and Chic both days, and he's dead. Makes you think. Why was he the NK?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Quidthulhu posted:

GooaT was hard on both Hal and Chic both days, and he's dead. Makes you think. Why was he the NK?

maybe to rub in that he was wrong about the scumteam idk

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

because you wanted to throw the trail off of yourself duuuuuuhhhhhh

that's like scum 101

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I mean it's also possible he was too close and that's why you killed him.

I guess ultimately it's WIFOM so, not really worth discussing, but I just wanted to put it out there so people could make their own decisions. I'm not surprised Chic dismissed it, I'm a little surprised that flerp did.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Quidthulhu posted:

I mean it's also possible he was too close and that's why you killed him.

I guess ultimately it's WIFOM so, not really worth discussing, but I just wanted to put it out there so people could make their own decisions. I'm not surprised Chic dismissed it, I'm a little surprised that flerp did.

ugh quid dont do this, i didnt dismiss your post, i just offered an explantation. its worthless to speculate on why the scum did a nk because we know nothing about the scum. it could be gooat is right about hal chic, it could be scum wants us to think gooat is right about hal chic, it could be scum used a random generator to choose gooat, it could be scum thought it was funny to kill gooat, it could be they hated his name. it could be a plethora of reasons we dont know and wont know until we can see the scumdoc

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Isn't that what I just said :v: What do you not want me doing, there?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i gotta say it is very strange that quid has been at -2 all day, and neither hal or derby have posted at all.
We have another full day to figure this out. To be safe, I am going to ##unvote for now

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Quidthulhu posted:

Isn't that what I just said :v: What do you not want me doing, there?

the whole "i cant believe flerp dismissed my question" when i literally answered it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ah yeah, I get you there.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

hi hal i feel like murdering ngo y/n to that idea?

There have been compelling cases made against NGO so yeah I’d be ok with that

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm doing some rereading and I'm curious about this list from B-:

b-minus1 posted:

neutral read: derby ghost, technicality, Hal, pmush or AA.
would vote: 50 pounds, quid, NGO, keane
lean town: chic, flerp

In particular, at the time this was posted, b- was under a lot of heat for his vote on 50, which lead to this:

b-minus1 posted:

I've been trying to make sense of why what I thought was a relatively harmless post blew up in my face. I reread the last page, and I now sort of understand why Pmush asked me to clarify my "serious" post. I think it's not because of my interpretation of 50 pounds' votes, but because I voted for him. When I made that post, I was well aware that we were still somewhat in jokephase, and everyone was making jokey votes based on non-serious reads. I was only trying to point out something that pinged me about 50 pounds, so I made a "serious" read and vote to see how he would respond (and other than immediately voting for me, he hasn't). I'd like to think that if I had made that post later in the game, when votes have much more weight to them, I would have only posted my reads without actually voting.

And which then lead to this:

Chic Trombone posted:

:agreed: that b-'s "blew up in my face" statement was odd

also think it's interesting that they walked it back after only like 2 votes on them in this post, because "nobody agrees with me", the worst reason to back off a case

Chic Trombone posted:

AA unvoted you in the very next post after voting you, though i did miss counting fiddy's vote for some reason so, 3 votes on you, that's my bad for the miscount.

That said "nobody agrees with me" is a bad reason to walk off the case. if you're town i feel like you would be trying to convince people to agree with you rather than throwing your hands up like you are

b-minus1 posted:

I agree, it is a bad reason. I swear I'm not intentionally trying to derail this game by relying on content from old games to justify my actions in this game. But I was in a similar position in a previous game where I called out someone I that thought was scum, they retaliated by tunneling me hard and convinced others to vote to lynch me. I did not walk back my case or move my vote and ultimately ended up getting lynched d1. After the flip, KB posted this: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832713&pagenumber=12&perpage=40#post476304360. I didn't want that to happen this time, and this morning it seemed I was the only one who thought 50 pounds was suspicious. This is the last time I will refer to a previous mafia game. FWIW, nothing 50 pounds has posted today has changed my mind about him.

Which then leads to the initial post being the next thing b- contributes (beyond "where is everyone" at one point)

B-, can you explain why Chic was on your "leaning town" list at that point in the game? I am not seeing you mention her at all and her interactions with or regarding you were either "what are you doing you're acting susp" and "AA why are you ignoring b- they are acting susp." How does that land her a town read?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ah, I didn't post the entire post that list is from:

b-minus1 posted:

can you please explain what you mean by the "quid/b- situation"

I agree with you that 50 pounds has been entirely unhelpful since the beginning of the day, and nothing has changed my opinion, but I'm failing to see how this is related to what you call quid/b- situation, especially considering your previous post:

So you believe my vote was sincere but still have no problem voting to kill me to avoid no lynch. You also think quid and I are scum partners and he was light bussing me yesterday. please explain why my scum partner would disappear when things get out of hand. also, What is your read on 50 pounds?

Keane's recent posts are suspicious af. Votes Quid, says 50 pounds is scum but doesn't vote.

just fyi I have a meeting with my boss right now but will almost certainly be around near the end of the day. i'll try to be back asap. before i go, this is where i stand. sorry gotta be brief:

neutral read: derby ghost, technicality, Hal, pmush or AA.
would vote: 50 pounds, quid, NGO, keane
lean town: chic, flerp

Chic is listed as town but he doesn't mention her at all :confused:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

B- you were just here where did you goooo

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Are we doing bee movie?! Im excited!

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

quid brings some valid points on b- which if true throw a wrench into my scum theory. need to re-asses. ## unvote back later this morning (I will be asleep for deadline)

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
lol, they definitely are not valid points. It's pretty obvious that quid is trying to do here by asking me to explain a day 1 town read of chic.

Quidthulhu posted:

B-, can you explain why Chic was on your "leaning town" list at that point in the game? I am not seeing you mention her at all and her interactions with or regarding you were either "what are you doing you're acting susp" and "AA why are you ignoring b- they are acting susp." How does that land her a town read?

sure, I can explain it. I was feeling the heat from a bunch of people, and chic actually gave me a chance to explain myself instead of voting to lynch me. Flerp did the exact same thing, which was why he was also included in my leaning town reads. Everyone else was either lurking or focused on someone else.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What am I trying to do? It’s not obvious to me at all what you mean and I happen to be Quid!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This post just gets weirder the more I review it:

b-minus1 posted:

Posting from my phone. WellI’m positive that there is at least one scum among quid, ngo and chic. There is no scenario where all three are town or the game would be over. And just lol @50 this game. You’re either a town player who just decided to put no effort into this game, or a terrible scum. 50, quid and ngo are my top scumreads. Still Slightly suspicious of chic. Hal has lurked even more than usual this game, and derby has abandoned the game. That’s kind of bs if he is scum because he should have been modkilled during n2 imo.

Look at how b-minus talks himself out of being suspicious of Chic. She completely disappears over the course of this post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And then Chic is back here, presumably because he remembered he had to be suspicious of her? Why is she back on the suspicious list and then immediately off of it within the same paragraph?

b-minus1 posted:

straight from the heart:

50 has contributed nothing to this game except to tunnel me every single day. no content, no real reads, nothing. and on the day when we almost certainly lose with a mislynch, he lurks for a whole day, then comes by to drop a vote on me and make a joke post. would a scum make this sort of brazen play? i don't know.

I was reading quid as town up until today, when he decided to case you, claimed tracker. he has also pushed for chic, who has claimed vanilla town. earlier in the game he was suspicious of ngo, but has now distanced him from him. and he didn't even give a read of 50.

I haven't liked a single thing that NGO has contributed to this game so far. . I mean just look at these posts:

Like I said earlier, there is no scenario where chic, ngo and quid are all town. So here's what I think is happening: Quid is scum. Chic voted to lynch quid first and scum ngo is busing his scum partner to unsuccessfully earn town cred. That is not going to happen.

##vote quid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote bee movie

• Locked thread