Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hmmmmmmmmmmmm do i still remember how to play this

i think it goes something like

##vote keane

welp, peace, see you d2

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

SCUMHUNTER that is not

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

So we have a caught so, a caught scum, and caught lurkers. I'd say this game is in the bag.

##vote obvious scum

##unvote

Hmmmm.

"anomalous is right" *canned laughter*

bad joke aside explain these posts

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i've got A Feeling

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

what's there to explain about these obvious joke posts.

why didn't you ask anyone else to explain their obvious joke posts?

didn't get a feeling from anybody else's bad joke posts, but got a vibe from those duhhhhh

also i thought about it overnight and yeah i'm gonna ##vote AA

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I also think it's weird that you're defensive of that callout, a bunch of other people agreed it felt weird so i think you're the odd one out here pal

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I just felt the framing of the callout was weird. I don't think b min actually thought there were four scum in a 12 person game, and I feel like I could parse Fiddy's play as curious with all the voting.

I think P Mushs callout is not sincere.

oh

that wasn't directed at you that was directed at nevergirls i'm sorry

my quoted post didn't show up there i guess, that's my bad

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

what's there to explain about these obvious joke posts.

why didn't you ask anyone else to explain their obvious joke posts?

this post, specifically

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

What about it? It's a good question unless my reaction your intention all along.

a) i answered the question

b) i was saying that this is the post i was replying to with the post you thought was about you?

idk maybe i'm posting too disjointedly? or reading too disjointedly?

or maybe i need more coffee and am just posting like an idiot in the meantime

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ah, that's my bad. It is a bit disjointed but the idiot eyes.... those are mine

it's fine my guy no worries

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

I asked one question. You had no votes.

:agreed: that b-'s "blew up in my face" statement was odd

also think it's interesting that they walked it back after only like 2 votes on them in this post, because "nobody agrees with me", the worst reason to back off a case

b-minus1 posted:

Since nobody else seems to agree with me, I will##unvote. I do think it is strange that after I voted for 50 pounds, he immediately voted for me and then disappeared.

That said, b- does have a point about fiddy's disappearance here too

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

AA unvoted you in the very next post after voting you, though i did miss counting fiddy's vote for some reason so, 3 votes on you, that's my bad for the miscount.

That said "nobody agrees with me" is a bad reason to walk off the case. if you're town i feel like you would be trying to convince people to agree with you rather than throwing your hands up like you are

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

looking at votefinder now and fiddy's vote is still being listed as on Hal

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (2): Quidthulhu, PMush Perfect, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Quidthulhu (2): CCKeane, flerp
Anomalous Amalgam (2): got off on a technicality, Chic Trombone
Hal Incandenza (1): got off on a technicality, 50 pounds of bread, got off on a technicality
Derby Ghost (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
50 pounds of bread (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
got off on a technicality (0): 50 pounds of bread, 50 pounds of bread
Chic Trombone (0): 50 pounds of bread, 50 pounds of bread
flerp (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
CCKeane (0): Chic Trombone, flerp, flerp, Chic Trombone

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Derby Ghost, Hal Incandenza, NevergirlsOFFICIAL

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 17th, 2018 at 9 p.m. PST -- that's in about 12 hours, 34 minutes.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

The reason I interpreted the post as weird was because it was so awkward.

You made a joke vote and then two posts later immediately posted an unvote with "Hmm."

Joke or not, your self-consciousness stood out and that's scummy and felt like a forced scum joke since you didn't want to lay a jokevote out on any actual player

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

50 pounds of bread posted:

Haha whaaat? How did this happen?

I don't even need to change my vote now.

Did you see that defensiveness right there?

your vote is on Hal according to votefinder

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I guess it didn't accept "bee movie" as an alias for whatever reason

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

your talking points are basically "i think it's weird that you think it's weird" and i don't think you're being genuine AA

also did you really just post "kek" unironically

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I mean I get it, d1 pretty much all we have to go on is "vibes".

I don't think AA is scum simply because he's posting so much

maybe i'm Out Of The Loop meta-wise but i don't think the average scum is more likely to lurk than the average town

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I have been explaining? I think you entered the game nervously and now you're upset about being caught out and are trying to manufacture a case on me in order to undermine my case on you

which is a pretty standard "omgus" technique

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I also just want to point something out about the claim that I made a walk back.

My vote wasn't on a player in the game and I didn't assign it to anyone in votefinder, because it was a joke vote. I am unfunny.

I think this is a better explanation than awkwardness, albeit the truth.

I wanted to call chic and quid weird for noting it, but decided that perhaps, just maybe, it did look weird.

However, I want to go back on that, because I think the obvious joke posts, and vote on no one are weird things to jump on.

So chic and quid, I'd like to understand how you interpreted that as such.

This is also why I've stepped back from pmush and bees, and have decided that their interaction was genuine.

like this post specifically is one that feels bad to me re: AA being not genuine

"i was 'unsure' so i said nothing but now that i have heat on me i'm gonna call it weird that you think it's weird"

That train of thought just doesn't track for me

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

buddy you made your jokevote on no player and then nearly immediately unvoted

if that's not "oh jeez how will they take me jokevoting (player x)" then iunno what is

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

and now you're weirdly defensive about it so this is only solidifying my opinion of you as scum

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I feel like pmush or chic are scum and are trying to deflect the points I raised on them by trying to frame my joke posts as something more than what they were.

I'm inclined to believe chic for scum, but to Mush's credit, if there are actual cases and opinions to be raised right now, I'll consider them.

have you missed everything regarding b-

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

50 pounds of bread posted:

Right now I am just laughing about all the discussion being revolved around me. Am I scummy, or are the people who vote me scummy?

Initially I didn't like you kind of defending me by questioning bee movie, but then bee movie responded in the oddest way of ever forever.

Now AA is weird because he said the smart thing, then turned it into the dumb thing, but why?!

Then chic is like, hey AA, the thing you did before the dumb thing was weird, but the dumb thing is weird too so take this, then he went aha-chacha and did that thing.

Then flurpee was like, hey I'm a bug fluffy rabbit, don't kill the bees, and now I'm like, whaaaat?

a) she, thanks

b) what do you actually think about what's happening in words that don't sound like they were spewed by a blithering idiot

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I was part of the initial conversation on b? How are you missing that

how are you saying there's no "actual cases and opinions" when b- case exists and you were part of it by your own admission

i was giving you a mulligan on the case re: you but what's your current opinion of the b- case

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

giving it some though i think AA and i are posting past each other a lot here

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

giving it some though i think AA and i are posting past each other a lot here

mafia edit: thought

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

@Hal yeah i'm trying to post more this game, mostly by thinking less about each post before i make it

that + i have actual time to post atm is contributing to me being wordier than usual

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CCKeane posted:

This is all boring also Fiddy is scum (sorry buddy).

have you considered that the power to make it unboring might be in your very own hands???? (it's called the post button)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Insisting that people post during the work day is bad.

:agreed:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

not everyone has a job where they can post a lot on this comedy internet forum

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

This is in no way an alignment call on Keane, I just think going "and WHERE is (x)" during working hours if they were there the previous night is bad and unfun in general

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

The points on Quid are fair and i'll give them a read shortly

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (2): Quidthulhu, PMush Perfect, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, 50 pounds of bread, PMush Perfect
Quidthulhu (2): CCKeane, flerp
Anomalous Amalgam (2): got off on a technicality, Chic Trombone, PMush Perfect, got off on a technicality
Hal Incandenza (1): got off on a technicality, 50 pounds of bread, got off on a technicality, 50 pounds of bread, got off on a technicality
Chic Trombone (1): 50 pounds of bread, 50 pounds of bread, Anomalous Amalgam
Derby Ghost (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
50 pounds of bread (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
got off on a technicality (0): 50 pounds of bread, 50 pounds of bread
flerp (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
CCKeane (0): Chic Trombone, flerp, flerp, Chic Trombone

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, Derby Ghost, Hal Incandenza, NevergirlsOFFICIAL

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 17th, 2018 at 9 p.m. PST -- that's in about 4 hours, 40 minutes.

Here's this btw

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Read Quid and yeah, I can see it. It's not my strongest scumread (that's still AA) but I'd vote him

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Nooooot a fan of that driveby vote

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

What do you think about the other cases happening in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

3.5 hours 'til deadline fyi, I'll probably head to bed a bit before deadline

• Locked thread