Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

merk posted:

Big games take more than one day to fill now? What happened to this community?

it was YOU, merk....YOU did this..

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjYtYdxDQpc

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

good job everyone. we accomplished the first task. see you all tomorrow.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Is that K-Pop in a thread about a Nihongo video game

Gulag are we going to have to fight

Too bad we're fighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb2DxRnJ9c0

hold on. i have an important piece of information you may find valuable, provided you dont kick my rear end and then kill me.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

:stonk:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Xad posted:

??? Bif isn't in this game

one can never know...b.eware....the holder of the snake pin...

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

pig noise

:black101:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ive found scum as scum many times.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

merk hasnt even been here in 12 years. i got murdered at lylo in a game because he dropped out of it and no other reasons at all. who the gently caress are you to say anything old man

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i think we should start off by killing xad. cop dva is the worst skin

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GeneX posted:

Hey cat, are you, uh, actually in this game?

because you don't seem to be in the playerlist on votefinder

joshua foun.d

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

sho foun.d

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Thranguy posted:

Talking about virtue signalling irl is a clear scumtell; maybe it is in the game too...?

##vote ypm

hm

i dont like it

##vote thranguy

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Classifications:

YPM made a joke
Thran's vote on YPM = joke
Gulag's vote on Thran = joke
Max's vote on Thran = joke
YPM's vote on Thran = serious

Taking a pile of joke votes and trying to translate it into a serious case after there seems to be some traction is scummy.

As an aside, your vote on me is scummy. If you have a gut read on me, call it that. Filling up a sentence with superfluous nonsense comes across as trying to make extra super sure that everyone knows you have "reasons" to vote me, but if I flip town it doesn't reflect poorly on you due to your vote being a conglomeration of hedgey hand-wringing.

My vote was serious. Will clarify when not on phone

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

merk posted:

If I was scum (and didn't have a policy of voting you early and often), I'd want to keep you as town in the game until lylo because you will have done no scum hunting the entire game and be the easiest person to convince to lynch.

who did you swap accounts with

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Thranguy posted:

Talking about virtue signalling irl is a clear scumtell; maybe it is in the game too...?

##vote ypm

i voted thran for this post because, it is a weird post. it uses a mother loving semicolon. its a joke vote but, uh, the joke seems really forced, which is why i voted for it.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Alright, I re-read (sifting through all the non-mafia game related post is annoying af and possibly scummy) and I think i get where YPM and Max are coming from. But I can't shake the feeling somethig's up with that. Perhaps scums manufactured a fake "trap" to gain credibility?

i thought this DB post seemed bad. like, first of all, does the manufacture fake trap to gain cred plan even make sense, for one second, when you really think about it? "i cant tell whats up wit hthis but i bet it's something. anyone else want to maybe assert that it is bad, more aggressively than me, preferably."

I could be persuaded that he is good if he does something really irresponsible and reckless, yet safe, while drunk, and films it.

also, I am Dhaes now.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

curiousCat posted:

I thought you came off badly in it.

Go on....

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

DB has since learned that scum are the bad guys. also that game is over a year old.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

that's not true. I used to be an awful gremlin that would destroy every game I touched, and now, I'm Dhaes.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

all of these merk votes, are bad.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Monathin posted:

Could you elaborate?

several people in this thread voted merk, and the votes they made, were not good vote.

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote merk hi merk!

alright this one is good

GeneX posted:

I'm looking at your post where you call him out for...responding to Max

and then go on and on about how "awkward" he is

and that's making me :thunk:

##vote merk

DB's flailing like an idiot moron but "he's awkward and saying he's player-aligned is bad" is a case that feels both easy (well yeah, he's awkward, why is that a scumtell) and fake (because it's not touching any of what DB is actually saying)

this one is untrue in various ways (there is no such thign as a 100 percent scumtell, but people who are trying to 'fit in' are going to be awkward more than those that arent) (DB is not saying words of substance that you can respond to)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Where are the alignment calls that you're supposedly calling me out for not making, merk?

There's one!

Wait, what's happening?

Oops, players seem to be jumping off the DB bandwagon, time to go!

##vote merk

this literally doesnt make any sense. literally. literally.

Venom Soag posted:

Oof this post is dodgy as.

##vote merk

i disagree with what this post is quoting but it is not "very suspicious" (eng translation)

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote merk looks like he came in here thinking he was going to merk it up and bully us into some case on an easy target and he’s doesn’t appear to have any interest in making reads or really interacting with anyone so far

not only is everything in this post untrue besides merk bullying me, but also, hal made this post.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Usually people aren't allowed to post while day actions resolve as an FYI

oops

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

but why exactly did u vig that person

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah, okay, not voting Mr. F. Just really hoping Chic prepped for something like this happening because :cripes: we basically just lost a day and two power roles.

??....prepared for town players dying in a game where people die with extreme frequency?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GeneX posted:

Why on earth would you do that Mr. F

please explain, I want to believe you didn't just shoot at the first person you didn't like the tone of, but...

anyway gulagdolls why are/were you so strongly defending merk (I think dismissing every real vote on the dude is pretty strong, yeah)? All the cases seem reasonable to me, especially for D1.

i....said why. they aren't

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GeneX posted:

I don't know if there are actually 25 named characters in the entire game

now interact with the thread please, I'm not certain exactly what the case on you is all about but it seems to exist

oh good, you're one of those players

i pointed out that the things you and others were saying were not true, similar to how someone could point out that the world is round. not sure what else you expect me to do baby

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

Max caught this and pressed you on it which is why I believe max to be player aligned.

seems kind of meaningless. i had no idea what max was getting at at the time either.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

or, they could know, because they were told, as they often are.

or you could be town and not pay that much attention to your pm besides oooo what anime character am i

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

curiousCat posted:

Same thing Max thought he had when he poked at me. Felt like someone might speak up in my defense, and I was pretty confident that any pressure it caused on me would dilute by the end of the day.

this sounds like extreme bullshit. i agree with max's assessment of this as backpedaling. ##vote cat

merk posted:

Can someone please comment on my Gulag vote?

i hate it

merk posted:

Gulag's only alignment read so far in this game is based on the use of a semicolon.

He comments on other things without providing any indication of how that impacts his alignment reads of any players. These include DB generally, votes on me, and the day vig.

the semi-colon thing was tongue in cheek...it was more just about thran's posting in general feeling awkward, but as he posted more it seemed consistent and I got the feeling that's just how he is so I didn't pursue it.

I asked f about the day vig without commenting on his alignment because, the answer is going to affect how i feel about him. ppl dayvig d1 all the time for some reason. he feels more scum than town just considering the rest of his post history (nothing)
as for the rest if I don't have any kind of significant feeling on someone i usually don't say anything. its probably a weakness in how i play but it's also a blindspot for me...

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'm also simply going to try to prevent any merk lynch because he hasnt played here in 19 years and its important he doesn't die day 1

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

flerp posted:

a scum dayvig is aggressively powerful but it isnt because its a double kill for scum. its powerful because it can be done in a day where it can be a unblockable, untrackable kill on a confirmed power role if mr. f was outed by them (say a cop claims they copped mr f and he's scum, when mr. f is -2 he can just shoot the cop, and possibly prevent the cop from clearing other players). it also can make a situation like 6 town to 3 scum (where one scum has a dayvig) where if town mislynched they would go down to 4 and then the dayvig would bring them down to 3 and they would lose. and the town would have no way to know this.

there is no point of scum using their dayvig in d1 on some random target. they have no way to know that thranguy was a power role and a lover with another power role. mr f also knows thrangles is going to flip town (or, maybe, 3p) and they still decided to waste their dayvig on thrangles, esp knowing that it will make them terrible? i cant see it, no matter what way you slice it. this is like one of the worst possible ways to play scum dayvigger, if so, and the scenario of "mr f is a loving moron town" makes a lot more sense than "mr f is so horrendously awful at scum that he will waste an extremely powerful dayvig power on a random town, especially given hes prob told his scumbos he has a dayvig."

i agree with this actually...while it's a fair to think that there are 3p in a game this big, i dont think scum would be so fearful of being serial killed/vigged that they would blow the dayvig immediately, instead of keeping it and just using it whenever they wanted. its possible but i doubt it

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Max posted:

Is cat usually this cagey and sneaky as town?

only played like 4 games. here's one where we mislynched town cat https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820136&userid=190006 not a lot there.

theres this shine game https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780884&userid=190006 where cat is scum but it's like a year old.

if we were to lynch someone else I would like xad. if I were to characterize their post history, it could be described as "narrating the events of the game" and "just asking questions."

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

if we were to lynch someone else I would like xad. if I were to characterize their post history, it could be described as "narrating the events of the game" and "just asking questions."

this was also their MO as scum in dbz mafia https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839631&userid=153425&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its roughly the eight billionth game played on these forums. i doubt a mod is going to unlearn that flavor shouldn't matter

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Monathin posted:

Huh, okay. Do you have anything special you can do? Just as a question.

i need my rod back bitch i lent it to you 2 weeks ago

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

LupusAter posted:

Well, in for a penny, in for a pound I suppose. I'm a vanilla player.

well, there was no reason to answer that, but also, confirmed town

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Max posted:

I'm going to do this just to see what happens

##vote Xad
i would like to vote xad but have little faith that a lynch will actually happen

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

why do you think the flavor thing matters

even if all of the scum were bad guys in the video game, scum are going to have fakeclaims, some of which might be the protagonists of the video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the biggest checkmark in the 'cat bad' column was the claim that the 'i am town' post was a trap

Max posted:

Be the change you want to see.

I don't have the power to vote nine times. with four hours left, inevitably if we do this we are just going to get no one lynched, as we always do, as the xad case is honestly not too hot, though i believe in it.

• Locked thread