Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
In if there’s still room!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Monathin posted:

I have only cursory knowledge of TWEWY

:same: here

Look forward to the game, this is a good group!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

:argh:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Honk honk, who scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Chic Trombone posted:

D1's challenge has been completed. Day will continue until deadline as normal

Guys we're doing great so far :kiddo:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

merk posted:

Her: “Nick, what is this poo poo?”

Me: “Ok, in 2003 I joined the Something Awful forums...”

2003, are you for real. Wow.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Is votefinder for this game busted for everyone or just me?

https://votefinder.org/game/the-world-ends-with#votecount

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Moatillata posted:

You are not dongsbot

##vote tpink

I did iiiittttt

I miss dongsbot :(

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Atomic Soda posted:

hey tpink av buddy :)

is jimson still around?

e; hi moat i'd vote for you but it seems a little de rigueur now...

Hey! :hfive:

I had a momentary freakout when someone changed this avatar and I didn't have a copy saved, but MMT thankfully came through with my old one.

I haven't seen Jimson in aaaaaaaaaages. He needs to come back.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

LupusAter posted:

I look forward to playing and I hope to get to know you all. That said, please tell me I'm not the only Euro here.

America first, pal
##vote LupusAlter

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm a soft drink, so I think it's consistent.

Diet or filled with delicious calories?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Holy cow how are there 336 new posts in this thread since this afternoon!?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

GulagDolls posted:

i voted thran for this post because, it is a weird post. it uses a mother loving semicolon. its a joke vote but, uh, the joke seems really forced, which is why i voted for it.

I see there's some fine semicolon-based scumhunting going on here.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Don't see the case on merk.

Really didn't like Mr. F's attempts at an extended dance-mix version of the jokephase long after it was over, the "synx gambit," and just posting generally. I don't know what he's doing but I don't like it.

CCKean's first complaint about difficulties posting during certain hours were fine, but then it kept going and my eyebrows started going up.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
lol, I really should have hit preview on that last post...

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Monathin posted:

That's definitely one of the worse Day 1 plays i've seen that's for sure

Sure, but also kind of funny, so ya know.

(But for real, what was the thinking there?)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think it’s a null read. I think mags would do this exact thing to get town cred as scum

I've never seen a game where scum had a dayvig, I don't think.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. F! posted:

Look at how sick a burn this was.

Mr. F! posted:

GOD drat IT

Ugh I think you are town but I still want to vote you, what are you doing.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not sure how this is confusing to everyone.

By “we caught scum” I mean that I think cat is scum, which is why I voted for them.
I think anyone that would use a dayvig on a random player on the first day of a massive game is someone not worth having in the game.

Wouldn’t say we exactly “caught” cat. That’s why people were confused.

That said I also don’t like the rush of votes on bminus. I think scum voting for mags based on the dayvig would be a really dumb scum play precisely for reasons how it played out in the thread - many people think that the dayvig makes mags very likely town, and predictably piled on bminus for voting whom they perceive to be as town.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I mean I know it’s D1 and people are just looking for a reason to get to a vote on someone but I don’t think this is a great candidate for a vote at all.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Xad, I take your point but I REALLY don’t think it’s likely that he has multi day vigs.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
In my mind, here’s the likelihood:

70% chance mags’ play was bad town
20% chance mags’ play was scum (I just haven’t seen many if any scum with day vigs)
<10% chance that mags has multiple day vigs (have never seen this)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Xad posted:

Hey, tpink, who DO you think is scum? You've mostly been calling people town so far.

I don’t have gut feels yet. I am tied up the next few hours but will then reread people who jumped on voting mags.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

curiousCat posted:

I have a good hat
it has a big skull on it

I never played this game so I have no clue what if anything that means. Not fishing or w/ever, but if this is your idea of claiming, I'm just saying don't assume that people who don't play the game will have any idea abotu what it means.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

curiousCat posted:

I'd rather vote Mr F I guess so ##vote Mr F

I had no problem with you pressing me on it, no, because that's a reaction that I was looking for? I have a problem with him immediately assuming it's a scumtell versus anything else. The way he went about it just seemed like he was trying to get people to just jump on and ride out the day. Which isn't productive for town at all.

This is a bad vote.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

curiousCat posted:

Oneshot vig. Take it or leave it.

Hmm.

Whom would you shoot if you had to do it today and why?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Just realized my joke vote on lupus is still hanging, oops.

##unvote

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Your Personal Muse posted:

Oh night vig eh mighty convenient

Night vig aka scum night kill

:thunk:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
"I have a night [action], let me prove it" is also what I would say as cornered scum on D1.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

GulagDolls posted:

the biggest checkmark in the 'cat bad' column was the claim that the 'i am town' post was a trap

I don't have the power to vote nine times. with four hours left, inevitably if we do this we are just going to get no one lynched, as we always do, as the xad case is honestly not too hot, though i believe in it.

I don't get the xad case at all.

I do, however, get the cat case.

##vote cat

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

curiousCat posted:

if ya'll don't want me to off someone of your choice n1 that's fine
gl town

This too.

If you're town, you fight to avoid a mislynch.

Otherwise this "gl town" just smacks of resigned scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
This town is umm not off to a great start. :/

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Xad posted:

Aaaaalright, we've lost three useful town roles already, ##vote Mr. F If we have to die, I'd prefer if we died at a slower rate

But this is bad too, what is the point of this vote?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. F! posted:

Do you care to find out?

gently caress are you going to do this nonsense on D2 too?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

PMush Perfect posted:

Note to future everyone else: Get Out is really really good and the alternate ending is depressing as gently caress and not a good thing to go to bed to when you have to be up for work in four hours

Finally, a post I agree with.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

LupusAter posted:

I know that this is the pot calling the kettle black, but Moat is lurking insanely hard. Didn't even rescind the jokevote on me last round, and the only thing they've done in game is some light grilling of b-minus after Mr. F's shot.

Well it’s a good thing he’ll be posting more given today’s challenge :v:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

flerp posted:

i hope if mr f has another shot he actually shots me

Amen brother.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

GulagDolls posted:

it is true that it would be a phenomenal waste of a scum vig, but, if anyone were enough of a clown to do it, I could see him. in conclusion, mr., f, please do something other than talk about how many vigs u do or dont loving have.

If nothing else, F has pretty successfully monopolized the discussion over the past couple of days.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

PMush Perfect posted:

I still don't really think Mr. F is scum, but I'd buy him being 3P, especially after Cat's flip and my (unreliable) info from last night.

I am still not convinced F is scum but I think I see the 3p angle even less. Again, I just go back to what I think makes/doesn’t make sense in that position but why would you draw so much attention to yourself in D1 as a 3p?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

merk posted:

Here’s another post to hit 20 so I don’t die: has anyone expressed that they don’t want to lynch Xad?

ty for your contributions.

• Locked thread