Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Welcome to BYOB Mysteries, where BYOB finds the truth to the undiscovered, unsolved, and unmystery. Today we solve... WHERE DOES LINT COME FROM???

We all know that lint appears when you dry your clothes in a dryer, but why does the dryer still come out with the same amount of clothes??? Is someone putting the lint there? Is lint actually negative spirit energy released from clothes? PLEASE SOLVE!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji

It's a scam by big lint. They design the clothes to release lint so you will have to buy a new lint trap and a new lint sucker every so often.

Manifisto

it is a garment-oriented demonstration of the banach-tarski paradox

there is enough lint in a shirt to yield two identical copies of the original shirt

Robot Made of Meat

Manifisto posted:

it is a garment-oriented demonstration of the banach-tarski paradox

there is enough lint in a shirt to yield two identical copies of the original shirt

I have had a number of Samoyed dogs in my lifetime, and it is my belief that they can produce more white fur than can be explained by their food intake. Each Samoyed can provide fur enough for several other dogs.

:iiam:

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Scroon

The lint causality here is backwards.

Dryers come pre-loaded with lint and put the lint IN the clothes to get them dry (dry teeny fabric pieces smooshed against wet fabric absorb and distribute the liquid thus making an overall "dry" garment). You really think heat alone or shaking the clothes a bunch gets rid of the water?

The lint you see in dryers is what's leftover and didn't attach to the clothes. This is also why clothes seem to "stretch out" over time; they are accruing more material and getting larger.

Manifisto

Scroon posted:

The lint causality here is backwards.

Dryers come pre-loaded with lint and put the lint IN the clothes to get them dry (dry teeny fabric pieces smooshed against wet fabric absorb and distribute the liquid thus making an overall "dry" garment). You really think heat alone or shaking the clothes a bunch gets rid of the water?

The lint you see in dryers is what's leftover and didn't attach to the clothes. This is also why clothes seem to "stretch out" over time; they are accruing more material and getting larger.

:aaa:

just loaded my lint trap with lint and turned the dryer on empty

after 10 minutes, opened the dryer door, a sock was there

ty nesamdoom!

420 SWAGLORD

saban bajramovic

Manifisto posted:

You know how you lose a sock every couple loads? Dryer consumes it in emergencies to replenish its lint supply. It works both ways. Keep your dryer topped off with lint to prevent this going forward

Twenty Four

I'm giving up lint for lent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Manifisto posted:

My lint trap usually has a bunch of dog fur in it. Wait, I just got an idea...

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

• Locked thread