Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bd3HUMkyU
Pretty sure they'll make a shitload of money and they basically stole the idea from Google cardboard but I can't help but think it's going to get boring after a few minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

I turned around completely on the Switch. I expected it to bomb. But I have one at this point, and love it.

This cardboard poo poo is loving stupid and I hope it fails.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Was going to buy a Switch after work today. I have a Wii U the kids play. Is it better? Is it a good upgrade for them?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Nintendo finally made a VR backpack

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

video games are for children and now you all have to admit it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
nintendo?

no entiendo!!!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Chinatown posted:

nintendo?

no entiendo!!!

i think "no intendo" would have worked better

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Not as bad as the Wii U.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

for the right price i am willing to do what nintendon't

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Basically they're gonna make a billion dollars

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
They started out in the 19th century selling cards.

It's like poetry.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Putty posted:

i think "no intendo" would have worked better

SHUT UP DAD!!!!

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Remember when nintendo made systems where you just plug it into the tv and play it with a regular controller

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Can I make this stuff out of old pizza boxes?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
nintendo? more like dontintendto

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Winner of 2018 box of the year

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Dont hate sony fuckbois

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
console gaming

*laugh track*

*toilet flush*

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kak posted:

Remember when nintendo made systems where you just plug it into the tv and play it with a regular controller

Yea but that was like 20 years ago since they even had a normal looking controller.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my uncle works for nintendo

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I’m super skeptical of the Switch and don’t play enough video games to justify getting it, but I cannot find a single source that trashes it outside of skepticism and uncertainty about what Nintendo will do after its life cycle.

That blows my mind. The thing seems so gimmicky that I figure some kind of official hate would exist for it, but it’s all blowjobs and lollipops. Is it really that good or is it just really in fashion to dick ride Nintendo this much?

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
I have a lot of respect for whoever the person was at nintendo to look at the last decade or so of gaming and shout "hey all. hey. hey, remember that video games are loving toys, right? video games are toys to be played. let's do that instead of engaging and losing in the GPU arms race"

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Piggy Smalls posted:

Was going to buy a Switch after work today. I have a Wii U the kids play. Is it better? Is it a good upgrade for them?

Nice and subtle. I like it.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I bought a Switch on Craigslist about a month ago and I have not used it at all as of yet. Another great investment by GBS denizen Kuato

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

facebook jihad posted:

I’m super skeptical of the Switch and don’t play enough video games to justify getting it, but I cannot find a single source that trashes it outside of skepticism and uncertainty about what Nintendo will do after its life cycle.

That blows my mind. The thing seems so gimmicky that I figure some kind of official hate would exist for it, but it’s all blowjobs and lollipops. Is it really that good or is it just really in fashion to dick ride Nintendo this much?

There really isn't anything gimmicky about it. It's a portable console that also is a home console for your TV; that is about the extent of the gimmick.

It's great because the games look fantastic considering you can play them for 3+ hours on the go. And now that they no longer have 2 separate consoles, their 1 and only console is going to get all the gems.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
4-20

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
As for this cardboard thing, my kids are too young to be able to enjoy it but I think it is going to lead to cool things like Sega will be able to include a fishing reel with their console instead of it being a $60 accessory no one buys (that wouldn't get made in the first place). The IR sensor and other wacky stuff in the joycons means it won't just be dumb poo poo like the Wii steering wheels and golf clubs that were literally just worthless plastic.

Companies can make gas pedals and steering wheel setups for the Switch for like $30 instead of $200 which is what I am hoping happens.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Some executive at nintendo most likely had the idea when he saw his kids had more fun playing with empty cardboard boxes than with their constantly breaking, badly constructed, limited at 20fps gimmick of a console.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When you have to lurge cardboard into a shredder, you get to appreciate Amazon robots.

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

How the poo poo do employeed adults have time for gaming anyway? No other interests or hobbies? Like gently caress, every game is 200 hours now.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

How the poo poo do employeed adults have time for gaming anyway? No other interests or hobbies? Like gently caress, every game is 200 hours now.
Pick and choose titles carefully, and the ability to pick up/put down quickly is paramount. Like, I'm never finishing The Witcher 3 or even Dark Souls, but I still have time for a quick 10-20 minute hop into Guild Wars 2, The Sexy Brutale, Overwatch, and so on.

-----------

Also this cardboard thing is going to make a buttfucking ton of money for Nintendo and honestly they deserve it. This is exactly the kind-of poo poo they need to be putting out right now.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

facebook jihad posted:

Its gimmicky yeah but nintendo really put effort into it, its extremely polished. Its so easy to use, theres very little gently caress around, and you can charge it with your phone charger.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
video games

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Can I gently caress the cardboard

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Piggy Smalls posted:

Personally, I'd just softmod the WiiU if it isn't already, get a big rear end hdd and a load a poo poo load of games onto it.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
hmm most of the use cases in the video are things id just rather do in the real world. or if I had kids, show them that in the real world. the idea of cardboard box fishing or piano playing is kind of sad to me I guess.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
nintendo is doing the hard work of gathering all the shovelware projects onto a single platform

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
this is pretty genius actually

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Fat Lowtax posted:

Can I gently caress the cardboard

no, its forbidden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU