Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I've recently gotten into making ambient music. I can't say if I'm actually good at it, but I enjoy working on it, and it sounds good to me. I also, occasionally, make synthwave music. It's all available on my Bandcamp.

My first album October13 is probably the one I'm proudest of, since it was my first music I ever felt good enough to publish. A few of my friends compared the tracks "Remember" and "Farther" to music from "Twin Peaks," but they may have just been being nice.

It's available here

My most recent album is called No Place to Go But Home and I'm pretty happy with it, too. My favorite track off of it is called "Some Months Later."

The whole album is here.

Here are a few of my non-ambient pieces of music:
No Blades in the City
Who Are You, Really?
New City

Three of my albums are on Audiomack for free:
October13
The Fragile Aftermath
The Edge

Post your music! I want to hear what everyone else is doing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Alright, but people do this all the time in The Musician's Lounge...to be fair though it's more of a "post my music" and less of a "listen to your music" culture there, as far as I can tell. I'll listen to your stuff though, just gimme a bit. Do you want comments?

Here's my own:
Bandcamp: https://paulengland.bandcamp.com/releases,
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/0PgyEDLayzCnwwYBBYai35

Happy to hear any comments.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
OP, you disappeared and never told me if you want comments on your music so I'm going to go ahead and give them anyways. I listened to the entirety of October13 (it was a bit much to ask to listen to everything you posted). Did you study composition in school? If not, congratulations of having an innate talent. You have a great sense of timbre, texture, and pacing. My only two complaints about the album - and of course, this is just one random dude's opinion so it might be total BS - are that "Remember" is far too short and "Farther" is far too long. "Remember" is an incredible piece that has a lot more gas in it than you might think, definitely my favorite on the album but it felt like it ended before it even got going. "Farther" is good, but placing a 30 minute piece at the beginning of the album like that created an awkward dramatic flow for me. If "Remember" were the longest piece, it would work perfectly as a kind of climactic centerpiece of the album. You'd probably have to shuffle around the other tracks in some way to make that work though.

Have you orchestrated before? "Remember" would make an awesome concert piece and it would be the perfect canvas for a colorful orchestration.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

http://nesamdoom.net/beat/basstestv3.mp3

Not worth sharing really, but it's a bass test I did years back I still kinda like. I'd appreciate crits on style and effectiveness as a bass test. Otherwise, maybe someone will like it.

• Locked thread