Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colas
Feb 14, 2007

It turns on and I get nothing. I press reset and get a green bios screen and Windows 7 asking of I'd like to start normally. I can't start normally, I end up with a blank screen. I can go into safe mode. They screen keeps its green color. The ASUS monitor power up graphic looks normal.

I took out the card and re-seated it. I disconnected all the drives and it booted after I pressed the power button but its still a green tint screen, it goes into the EFI Shell. I tested the monitor with my laptop, so it's not that. I guess it's the video card. It's a roughly 2 year old EVGA 750ti card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

If you have onboard video I'd try that and see if it works normally.

If you're getting issues in the BIOS/safe mode like that it's probably the video card dying.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Zogo posted:

If you have onboard video I'd try that and see if it works normally.

If you're getting issues in the BIOS/safe mode like that it's probably the video card dying.

I don't know what I did but it's working normally now. I unplugged the graphics card, re-seated it, powered up/shut down, unplugged the spindle HDD, I unplugged the SSD OS drive, powered up/shut down...waited...booted with the SSD only and now it's working again.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

It's working again, but I've seen on the old VGA adaptor style connector that kind of thing when one of the pins is wacky and only one of R, G, or B are getting through. The same can happen on the older bigger DVI connectors as well. If it's HDMI/displayport I guess just ignore this.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Scaramouche posted:

It's working again, but I've seen on the old VGA adaptor style connector that kind of thing when one of the pins is wacky and only one of R, G, or B are getting through. The same can happen on the older bigger DVI connectors as well. If it's HDMI/displayport I guess just ignore this.

yeah, it's HDMI *shrug*

• Locked thread