Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I'm playing the SE mobile game that goes with Dissidia's release (dissidia opera omni) and would anyone be willing to pm me their jump gift bonus code if you arnt interested in the mobile game? It gives a free buster sword for cloud.

Poked my head in here hoping for the same. Rerolling to try and get a good start at Dissidia Opera Omnia on my iPhone right now and that Cloud Buster Sword would be freaking awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

CodfishCartographer posted:

What is there worth rerolling for, better equipment from your tutorial roll?

You’ve got a 1/3 chance to roll a Warrior of Light relic on the free roll and he’s by far the best character of those three. Aside from that it sounds like you want a few of the relics for Cloud, Vaan, Terra, Bartz or Cecil.

Terra and Bartz are more long term, they’re only ok now but get better with balance changes down the line. Cloud and Vaan are powerful now. Long term Vaan and Terra are top physical and magic DPS respectively.

Finishing up to the Iron Giant lets you get your free relic plus enough gems for the 1/2 pull. If that goes well clearing chapter 1 gets you another 13k gems so you can do three pulls on either banner. My ideal start would be something like Cloud/Vaan/Bartz/tutorial WoL relic.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Is the ideal thing to get the WoL relic from the tutorial pull, then use the free gems for Cloud/Vaan/Bartz/Tera/Cecil?

Yep. Definitely one of Cloud or Vaan then any of the others are great.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Been trying this for a while and maaaaan all I get are bronze chakrams and poo poo, trying to a gold let alone a gold one for those specific characters sucks. Can I receive the 5000 gems from the pre-order bonus multiple times to get more chances? I assume not. Is there any way on android to reset faster than Clearing Data? HAving to download everything every try eats a lot of time.

Faster method to reroll on Android:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/7tvmge/gl_reroll_megathread/

You can get the 5k gems after clearing Iron Giant, do the 1/2 price roll and decide whether to continue clearing chapter 1 for the additional 10k gems or just reroll immediately. If I were to pull something like WoL freebie plus a 1/2 pull with Vaan I’d continue clearing chapter 1 then do up to three pulls on the Cloud/WoL/Bartz banner.

Whatever you do don’t use the code bundled with Dissidia for the Cloud sword till you settle on an account though. It’s one time use only apparently.

Still looking for a code if anyone has a spare btw. Also if anyone is inclined we could probably start a thread for the mobile game so we don’t have to poo poo up the fighting game thread with Gacha mobile game chat.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 1, 2018

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Rolled into a gold cloud weapon and a silver Bartz weapon so I'm happy. Also got a gold Zidane weapon and even though I dunno how good he is I like him so I'll probably keep this load out. I was dumb and used my 5k gems on the regular priced banner, so I'll see what I get using the tutorial gems on that.

Zidane isn’t bad according to the tier list, just one level below the Cloud/Vaan tier.

I can’t make a decent thread right now as I’m stuck at work so if someone else wants to put one up go for it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I know this game comes with a code for Opera Omnia. Does anyone have the game, but aren't going to use the code and wouldn't mind giving it away?

Half the posts in the thread the last couple days have been us Opera Omnia players hoping and praying for a code. :ohdear:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Phantasium posted:

Also I didn't know there was a queue of people waiting for an Opera Omnia code, who was first?

The order of people posting hoping for an Opera Omnia code:

ZarathustraFollower PMed by Phantasium
BGrifter (me!) PMed by Sefal
Policenaut
Nephzinho
Heroic Yoshimitsu

That appears to be it so far. Thought there was more than that.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 5, 2018

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Sefal posted:

Edit: didn't know there was a que, Will PM Bgrifter when i get home in 4ish hours.

double edit: code send

Awesome, thanks so much! Updated the queue.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
If you’re not playing Opera Omnia you’re missing out.

Squall dabs every time he attacks.

I may make a thread for this when I have time later in the week. It’s super fun and seems like it’ll have legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Servaetes posted:

Could I hop in on this too? I'd love an OO code too.

If you wouldn’t mind taking over the list definitely add yourself to it! Policenaut is covered so it’s not too bad a wait.

• Locked thread