Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

quote:

A source said Lynch ordered the cutback to stop the sale of the cards, which were being hawked on eBay last week for as much as $200.

America is somehow more Monopoly than the boardgame itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Pos my neg hole

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
America is a third world country.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No loving way

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Former DILF posted:

America is somehow more Monopoly than the boardgame itself

I park at the broken meter all the time and never get a game-breaking $load

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh it's the NY Post. Nevermind.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
kill the police

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
“They are treating active members like s–t, and retired members even worse than s–t,” griped a man whose job allowed him to rape, kill, or steal from anyone he wanted and face no consequences

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
if the indigenous of the americas were still running the country this wouldn't have happened

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Do it ironically posted:

if the indigenous of the americas were still running the country this wouldn't have happened

it's time to give the forums back to Snatch Duster

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Get out of jail free cards are totally a thing, not just in NYC.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sponge Baathist posted:

kill the police

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ACAB! All Cops are Bitchin’!

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Do it ironically posted:

<Is cracked in the back of the skull and killed by a rival tribe member while taking a poo poo in the open>

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

“After a tense 3 hour standoff, the hostages were released and the police breached the bank. But their efforts were frustrated when the suspects each presented officers with a Get Out Of Jail Free card signed by Officer Doobie of Reform, Alabama”

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Man I need to get some of those in case I get pulled over for speeding

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

myDad posted:

Man I need to get some of those in case I get pulled over for speeding

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
These cards don't necessarily get you special treatment and can be revoked at any time at the whim of any officer. I have one.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Moxxis Endowment posted:

These cards don't necessarily get you special treatment and can be revoked at any time at the whim of any officer. I have one.

Oh well if they're only sometimes accepted I guess this institutionalized form of corruption is actually good.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*NYPD officer, throwing get out of jail free monopoly card on minority body* ayyyyy im walkin hereeeeeeee

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I don't have a problem with these cards. It's the same thing as a friend who works at a restaurant and hooks you up with food once in a while.

This just happens to involve law enforcement. Everyone just needs a cop friend.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't have a problem with these cards. It's the same thing as a friend who works at a restaurant and hooks you up with food once in a while.

This just happens to involve law enforcement. Everyone just needs a cop friend.

Your situation would be if the cop you know pulls you over he'll let you slide. This is like if you have a friend who's a waiter and he gives you a card so every other waiter will also hook you up, and every waiter has those cards to give out to multiple people.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Sinteres posted:

Your situation would be if the cop you know pulls you over he'll let you slide. This is like if you have a friend who's a waiter and he gives you a card so every other waiter will also hook you up, and every waiter has those cards to give out to multiple people.

And those waiters have a union that provide each waiter with a disbursement of hook-up tokens

Moxxis Endowment posted:

And the waiters all have guns and can kill you with relative impunity.

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sinteres posted:

And the waiters all have guns and can kill you with relative impunity.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
cant be killed by the police if you do nothing wrong

remember that, citizen

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Moxxis Endowment posted:

oh wow so you're saying its even more arbitrary than we all thought? thats a pretty harsh indictment of the FOOP

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I thought get out of jail free card was called “being white”

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I thought get out of jail free card was called “being white”

That's a hot take.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

VikingSkull posted:

it's time to give the forums back to Snatch Duster

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Peace de Bundy posted:

cant be killed by the police if you do nothing wrong

remember that, citizen

i live at the wrong address

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Death to America

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

dads friend steve posted:

Get out of jail free cards are totally a thing, not just in NYC.

I thought the badge was the card? :shrug:

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
In texas its a $100 for anybody. Its called the 100 club. I have had cops turn off their lights when they get close enough to see lol.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

They have police associations you can donate to and get a decal pretty much everywhere I think, and that poo poo is shady as gently caress too. It's not quite the same form of corruption, and I'm sure it doesn't work as well, but the attempt to profit from the idea that it might is pretty clear.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
if you're all upset with this i suggest trotting over to the cop thread in GiP, they're super friendly over there :)

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Sinteres posted:

They have police associations you can donate to and get a decal pretty much everywhere I think, and that poo poo is shady as gently caress too. It's not quite the same form of corruption, and I'm sure it doesn't work as well, but the attempt to profit from the idea that it might is pretty clear.

The one in texas goes to the families of cops who die on duty. But yeah basically if you can keep ypur behavior in check enough that it wont come back to bite them in the rear end you are pretty much walking. A major or obvious crime it would still probably keep them from treating you like poo poo or shooting you. Probably.

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 22, 2018

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Don't give star citizen morw ideas

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Sinteres posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure it's just "corruption."

Seriously, this is the sort of poo poo they do in third-world countries, where people in positions of power are nigh expected to abuse those positions to benefit relatives and friends.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Sinteres posted:

It's not quite the same form of corruption

how much more explicit do you want a bribe to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Sucrose posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure it's just "corruption."

Seriously, this is the sort of poo poo they do in third-world countries, where people in positions of power are nigh expected to abuse those positions to benefit relatives and friends.

Prav posted:

how much more explicit do you want a bribe to be

I still called it corruption, I was just saying it's slightly different than the card.

• Locked thread