Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Problem description: I'm getting SSL certificate errors on every program that connects to the internet, except Chrome. First noticed it in Git Bash, trying to run "pip install". Have to ignore the error when using wget. A similar error (SSL Certificate Error) from Zotero sync. PyCharm is continually popping up dialogs about SSL certificates.

Attempted fixes:
pip install worked when I pointed it to a DigiCert crt file that I download manually.

Recent changes: Nothing I can think of.

Operating system: Windows 7 x64 Enterprise

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesch
Nov 4, 2006
Wholly Chao
You hosed the root CA certificates on your OS. You'll need to reinstall them -- they're usually managed via windows updater. Try running that and see if it fixes the problem for you.

Chrome works because it doesn't use the OS CA certs. Chrome is bundled with its own root CAs that it uses.

• Locked thread