Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I think I remember how to play Mafia. Hi, I think I want in on this here mafia game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3M9tqjxKr4

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

:nyoron:

Wasn't there an uwu emoticon? or did I assume there should be one

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

~~UWU~~

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote Dead Cow omg sup!!

Well now that's not a nice way to get my attention

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Hi merk, please don't be mean to me this game

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

##nominate Chic

I haven't played in a while, is Sal always this friendly and helpful in games? It's coming across as looking townie for brownie points

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Ugh, I really haven't played in a while, I almost edited to do the bolding

##nominate Chic

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Yo, I had a legit question about Sal

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I don't like Sal still, and I don't like eat the rich's posting and ICR reminded me that I didn't like it

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

ok... and? what are you going to do about it

Well I would vote them if I thought they would get anywhere, but since that's not going to happen, I'm going to say that I don't like them and then if something happens to me and you go look through my post history, you will see, huh, Dead Cow didn't like them, I wonder if there's merit to looking into that.

How about you? What are you doing that is making a difference?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I'm going to ##vote Asiina because I think this sort of non communicative post restriction is scummy and leads to a lot of posting without being helpful. Asiina is wooing people over with puppies but hasn't actually made any real content

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Asiina posted:

Grrrrrrr

Bark bark BARK BARK BARK!

BARK ARF ARF BARK!!

Ba...cough, cough, ahem

oh, there we go, finally got that out of my throat.

Still willing to vote Kash for scumclaim, and also his trying to take over how the vote was going, but mostly the scumclaim.

However, I'm also suspicious of Bif for being around at deadline to shitpost, but not moving her vote, indicating she'd be willing or unwilling to move her vote. Everyone else who was around was already on Kash, but she didn't seem to care at all.

I'm also suspicious of Kash (and Dead Cow) for saying I wasn't playing, just because I was responding with dog gifs, when if you actually paid any attention, they were totally relevant to what was going on. It's some very lazy casing.

Anyway, I'm still a dog, but gif-only posts can only really get you through D1 level of content, so now I've moved onto gifs and people words.

Your dog gifs still had no substance, and the barest of relevance. I like this even less now because you could have said anything at any time, however you decided your dedication to your gifposting was worth more than trying to make cases or anything

##vote asiina

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

GeneX posted:

##nominate gulagdolls

I refuse to put a ton of effort into this game.

Anyway, agree on dead cow being iffy, would like to have seen kash expelled if only because his gifs are so, so much worse than asiina's dogsplosion. I don't think he's too terrible beyond his Asiina vote via "I see what people are driving at" without elaboration, but that's rather minimal.

specifically I don't like ##vote Dead Cow not voting for a person he says is bad (with a truly ridiculous reason of "well you can look through my post history instead", thanks for prompting it out of him b-) and going after asiina for her contribution to a D1-wide jokephase, as though hers was particularly egregious

a scum dog deserves to win

If you don't see why I held off on putting a vote down on people I think are scum close to deadline with no chance to get any other votes on them then you must be new or bad at this game. If I would have thrown a vote on them, people today would be giving me grief for a lovely vote. I felt my vote was on the person I thought was scummiest by the way. I can think that more than one person is scum.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

##nominate Asiina

If Chic's off the table, she's my favorite.
Why is Chic off the table?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

i rather not give someone who might be scum deathproof

I concur

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

It’s time to call out LURKING SCUM

Atomic Soda
Chic Trombone
Dead Cow
Iron Chef Ramen
jon joe
Li Dawny
PMush Perfect
Pththya-lyi
Tobbs Gnawed
Token Female

I'm not lurking, I just didn't participate in all the shitposting that happened in thread before the game really started. Also I'm not scum.
If post count is what you're going by, then low posts are townie this game cause both hal and eat had super low posting and were town!

Also lurker/post count is a terrible case, why are you bad at this?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Kashuno posted:

i am scum president

One scum claim day one can be a joke, continuing to scum claim past that is not funny, and if you are town you're distracting instead of helping. Why would you continue this path of poo poo posting?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

##nominate No One ever

I refuse to give anyone powers

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

flerp posted:

no one's listening to me :(

What did you say?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

##vote Kash

Sounds as good as a plan as any at this point

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I won’t be here at deadline. I would vote Sal as I’ve already felt like there’s something there

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

## join swimming

I have to keep in shape

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I feel like there’s been so much cross noise between the president election and the actual voting that the level of scum hunting has been so low among the entire game. it’s been hard to get reads since everything seems to lack substance. My post count is low mostly because I haven’t been chatting idly like a fair amount of the high post count people have been.

I feel like my reads haven’t changed since day one which is bad, it means that nothing is jumping out at me and I’m still wary of everyone

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

We're already having enough issues keeping people on track, and now 50 makes up this stupid club bs.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Token Female posted:

I would be happy voting for following in no particular order:

Natural 20: There were a lot of posts about finding the president but none about finding scum. Didn't even vote for president. Never commented about how 50 totally has a made up role until now. Has been really impartial until that last post. Like on day 2 at some point I checked the OP to see if Natural 20 was a co-mod.

I literally did the same thing.

##LIST 1. SalTheBard 2.Natural20

Absolutely nothing has changed for me about Sal, and Nat20 has been doing the coasting on the non scum hunting parts of this game

I'm probably not going to hit the post count limit as I refuse to just spam the thread like JJ is doing

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

flerp posted:

nat 20 i disagree heavily and also im ngl, i think this is an incredibly dumb hill to die on ESPECIALLY given that this game is really stupid and people havent been posting their thoughts and encouraging people to not post their scum reads is incredibly bad

I concur

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Hello DC! As far as I can recall we haven't played Mafia together (if we have forgive me). I was curious as to what your case on me is because your first post just sort of came out of nowhere and as far as I could tell there hasn't been any real solid case on me. I also saw this post:

What is your question and what can I do to help you? Because you followed that post up with:

But you never asked your question! You said "I have a question" you didn't get quoted or the post was missed or something and then you just decided that you didn't like me. All I was doing was trying to help organize an election so we didn't waste a day on stupid pointless bullshit.

Someone else answered it

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

And who says the meaningful reasonings have to be in the same post? Keeping the list all formatted how 50 wants it in its own short little post for clarity seems fine as a matter of protocol.

Exactly, I've been providing my thoughts throughout my posts, unlike some people (nat20) who are just hell bent on trying to control everyone's posting to their specifications

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Dead Cow posted:

##nominate Chic

I haven't played in a while, is Sal always this friendly and helpful in games? It's coming across as looking townie for brownie points

Sal, this was my question, I didn't address it directly to you, I asked it to the thread in general. But you get credit for not actually going back and reading my post history when creating your post

it is not good credit

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Still too many coasting into deadline today

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

jeez I feel like I haven't even been posting too much this game

It doesn't feel like you've done 140+ posts of engaging content

I'm honestly surprised you haven't been cased more than you have. You sure you're town?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Are there even enough people here to do the thing?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I'd rather Sal than Nat20 right now but I'd vote for both

##vote Sal

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I don't like this but I dont' want a nolynch

##vote jon joe

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Specifically I don't like this push onto a 3P because that helps scum just as much or more so than town

Keep an eye out on the people who decided this was a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Asiina posted:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I started this because Sal 's business feels genuine and then even though it was late, he did come back with reasonable reads and opinions.

Whereas JJ has mischaracterized the state of the game, not participated at all, yet shitposted only to get his postcount above the threshold. The fact that he is 3P is absolutely secondary to all of that.

And we learn pretty much nothing from it

• Locked thread