Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh for fucks sake...

https://twitter.com/freepsports/status/1084223278514884608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Not sure where you are seeing that but per the Free Press she was told and didn't do anything.

quote:

Faehn, believed to be the first USA Gymnastics official told of predatory doctor Larry Nassar's abuse, was hired last week as a coaching consultant to the University of Michigan's women's gymnastics team.

Faehn's hiring was announced by the university on Saturday. She began working for Michigan on Thursday.

Faehn was never formally implicated in the Nassar scandal, which included hundreds of allegations of sexual abuse under the guise of Nassar's medical treatment. But she was ousted as the head of the USA Gymnastics women's program in May, a week after Olympic gold medalist Aly Raisman called for her to step down in an interview with the Indianapolis Star.

"I reported my abuse to Rhonda Faehn and so did Maggie Nichols, and I don't know what she did or didn't do with that information, but I didn't get contacted by the FBI for over a year, and in that time 50 to 100 gymnasts were molested," Raisman told IndyStar in May 2018.

Faehn, senior vice president for women's programs, was first told about what USA Gymnastics has characterized as "athlete concerns" about Nassar on June 17, 2015, according to a timeline provided in 2017 by the Indianapolis-based national governing body.

About a month later, Raisman said, she told Faehn "in graphic detail" what Nassar had done to her, but Faehn and other USA Gymnastics officials still waited another week to report Nassar to the FBI.

Faehn and former USA Gymnastics President Kerry Perry were criticized for not immediately calling police. Instead, Penny hired an investigator who interviewed Nichols, Raisman and McKayla Maroney. Only then, almost six weeks after the initial complaint, was the FBI contacted. Faehn has also been criticized for not contacting MSU about the allegations against Nassar.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
MSU Trustees are going to meet on Thursday.

quote:

"John Engler's reign of terror is over," said board member Brian Mosallam, who has been pushing for Engler's departure for nearly a year. "Michigan State University will be returned to its people."

Besides being terrible what really gets me about this whole situation is that he is the INTERIM President. But he's been in that role for a year now and no one has said anything about hiring a permanent President.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Free Press says they will announce a new interim prez tomorrow.

There's a new former republican governor out of a job...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/reporterdavidj/status/1085899881380761600?s=21