Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
hopefully joining as Trek once this 12 hour bullshit ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

TrekBek posted:

hopefully joining as Trek once this 12 hour bullshit ends

Awesome.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Saint Freak posted:

Look all I'm saying event is that I feel like maybe one of us isn't pulling their weight around here fashion-wise

I want that loving winking Teddy bear

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice
Next time room frees up in the goon association, I'll be tempted to join! I'm Hwa Carin because I let the name randomizer pick my game name.

Out of curiosity, when time does your Association schedule the style contest? I take a powerful sleep medicine for my narcolepsy between 9-10 pm most nights so I tend to be unavailable for eight hours after that. My current association set their style contest for 10:30pm Friday and Saturday nights so I'm not real helpful for them, haha.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
They don't get to choose the time only the days, and it's at 11:30 pm for me and they decided to move the days this week to Monday and Tuesday to be the first ones to finish the suit and well wouldn't you know it I was kicked out of my guild for missing last night :v:
Can I join goon guild please

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
There are empty spots in the guild. We're still set up on the Saturday/Sunday it defaulted for and participation is OPTIONAL.

Especially because I never remember Saturday nights.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I'm going to need to take a break for a little bit. If anyone actively wants to be president, let me know - right now the vice president I just appointed to the most active person, because no one said they wanted it.

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer
Be careful. In my last association the president changed, and then it couldn’t be changed back. I don’t know if they fixed whatever the hell was going on with that.

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently we get chapter 15 this week/next week? Also I am almost done with completing Grice. Good god princess drops are killing me D:

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I just finished Grice yesterday! And I did all the maiden drops for every crafting suit and every recolor of crafting suits trying to finish this stupid stamina festival. Many many princess drops and star coins in my future.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
That's really awesome! I haven't gotten past 60%

cvetka
Feb 27, 2011
Whoops - I signed up yesterday and forgot to post. IGN same as here, Cvetka.

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy
New stars event!! I was just thinking the other day how it's been a minute since we've had one.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Taking out a loan for fictional accessories

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Man I just blew most of my diamonds on the last event, give me a second to get some of them back! :argh:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Man I feel bad now, the co op contest time is so early I'm never going to be up for it on weekends :( If it works well for everyone else that's good though

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Hey I just wanna say I really appreciate not being kicked from the association(I'm zoya anda!). I spent a lot of time playing and then abruptly stopped bc I was going to spend more than I wanted (I had a number amount per month and then an event happened and I didn't trust myself to play. Then some great switch games came out.). I am gonna try to play this month without spending but it will suck bc my free quest boxes from spending too much will run out this week :(

I don't wanna spend when I also just bought overcooked 2 but do want to be active in the association bc I both love the current bunny stuff and also appreciate there being a goon guild. So please know I'm trying my best but if I'm the least active pls kick me and I'll try to rejoin at another time.

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice
This new event is :catstare:.

legsarerequired fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 25, 2018

Tube
Jun 1, 2000

I'm going off the rails on a CRAZY TRAIN!

Fallen Rib
A spot just opened up on my friends list! Search for 102131542 if you want to be my dress-up buddy. If I get a request from multiple people, I'll take the one with the highest number of clothes in their wardrobe.

Gobber Jane
Sep 7, 2010
Downloaded this game because I thought it would be stupid fun for like an hour. Three days of dedicated playing later...

I just requested to join the association. User name plugun.

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy
The current event (Which costs 15k+ diamonds to get all the suits) makes me feel like if I dont spend a ton of money on this game I'll fall behind, and I'm not even aiming to be the best or anything. All i ask for is to win 3/5 of my stylist arena matches. Also why is every cloud outfit so HUGE /full of big pieces

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
You won't fall behind because you don't actually NEED the event stuff for anything. You could play through the whole game without ever touching the events or anything without a problem... but I know how it feels to see all the stuff and WANT it and see everyone else having it etc etc. 15k diamonds is a whole loving lot, though. Does anyone else feel like the event stuff has gotten more and more expensive as time goes on? Or am I crazy.

And I still think the suits you get from the random thing are more interesting/useful than the big flashy ones!! I just wish it would stop giving me duplicates!!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

To a point the dupes aren't so bad because they are customizable, at least! I like some of the recolors more than I do the defaults, even. It would be nice if they didn't drop until you'd completed the full set, but well... This is like a combination pavilion/hell event, so worst of both worlds I guess

But yeah this event specifically is kind of gross and designed to get you to spend a metric ton of money more than usual even, with the lucky tree pulls, the letters you can send, and the insane 15k total cost. It's pretty yikes.

Are you using the mynikki web page to find your best-scoring outfit for arena matches? Between that and skipping people with crazy high scores I haven't lost an arena match in weeks, it's great

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Applied to the assassin's guild Suede Stasi as greyll.

Loving the UI design of "let's just overlay buttons over buttons without regard to space or sense or aesthetic taste".

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

A couple weeks ago there were so many sidebar events I literally couldn't see all of them, and because you can't scroll the sidebar for some insane reason,I said to access them through the events icon instead of directly :shepface:

Easy-Bake Coven
Sep 18, 2006

B - E - H - A - V - E
never more

Fun Shoe
The game is designed to give you serious FOMO so you'll spend lots of money on what is essentially pretty pixels that you can look at until the time the game is no longer profitable and they shut down the servers.

I have some major completionist tendencies, so I have to have some pretty firm rules about spending money on LN (and other f2p games). I only spend as much as I can get from surveys, and the first couple of events and suits that I REALLY WANTED that I had to let go really sucked. And then it turns out that as you get further into the game, you get other, similar outfits and completely forget about the ones that got away.

edit: My phone does not know what FOMO is and I should read through my posts more carefully.

Easy-Bake Coven fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 29, 2018

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

calicokitty posted:

The game is designed to give you serious FOMA so you'll spend lots of money on what is essentially pretty pixels that you can look at until the time the game is no longer profitable and they shut down the servers.

I have some major completionist tendencies, so I have to have some pretty firm rules about spending money on LN (and other f2p games). I only spend as much as I can get from surveys, and the first couple of events and suits that I REALLY WANTED that I had to let go really sucked. And then it turns out that as you get further into the game, you get other, similar outfits and completely forget about the ones that got away.

I didn't know what FOMA meant and urban dictionary says it's "fear of missing out" but wouldn't that be FOMO??

Yeah I really haven't done anything with that event except craft that weird fire lion thing and accept the free postcards. Maybe if there aren't that many people participating they'll get the hint that they need to scale it back a bit.

someone awful. posted:

To a point the dupes aren't so bad because they are customizable, at least! I like some of the recolors more than I do the defaults, even. It would be nice if they didn't drop until you'd completed the full set, but well... This is like a combination pavilion/hell event, so worst of both worlds I guess

But yeah this event specifically is kind of gross and designed to get you to spend a metric ton of money more than usual even, with the lucky tree pulls, the letters you can send, and the insane 15k total cost. It's pretty yikes.

Are you using the mynikki web page to find your best-scoring outfit for arena matches? Between that and skipping people with crazy high scores I haven't lost an arena match in weeks, it's great

Is mynikki better than the Nikki Guide app? That app has been helpful but it's a bit clunky to use at times.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
https://ln.nikkis.info/ is the best, works straight from your inventory.

Otherwise, remember that hell events recur-- it's not your only chance at this stuff. No point in sweating it.

I just keep to a budget on these, myself; I drop a few bucks every now and again but not a ton.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

neongrey posted:

Otherwise, remember that hell events recur-- it's not your only chance at this stuff. No point in sweating it.

I just keep to a budget on these, myself; I drop a few bucks every now and again but not a ton.

Nice. I see that you can actually import the save data instead of manually entering everything, that would be way more convenient. Looks like you have to use a rooted device or an android emulator on a computer but I'll probably give that a try. Thanks for sharing!

Btw if anybody wants to friend me my ID is 109218119. I'm not super into the game just level 43 but I have been playing every day for a while lately. I have room for 30 more friends apparently!

Easy-Bake Coven
Sep 18, 2006

B - E - H - A - V - E
never more

Fun Shoe

Dixville posted:

I didn't know what FOMA meant and urban dictionary says it's "fear of missing out" but wouldn't that be FOMO??

It is indeed FOMO, sorry. Apparently my phone thinks FOMO is not a word, but that FOMA is one? :iiam:

Dixville posted:

Nice. I see that you can actually import the save data instead of manually entering everything, that would be way more convenient. Looks like you have to use a rooted device or an android emulator on a computer but I'll probably give that a try. Thanks for sharing!

Btw if anybody wants to friend me my ID is 109218119. I'm not super into the game just level 43 but I have been playing every day for a while lately. I have room for 30 more friends apparently!

Even if you end up having to put in your wardrobe manually, it's pretty much worth it because of how much easier it makes the game.

I have room for a few more friends, added you.

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy

calicokitty posted:

The game is designed to give you serious FOMA so you'll spend lots of money on what is essentially pretty pixels that you can look at until the time the game is no longer profitable and they shut down the servers.

Yeah I've been doing a good job not spending too much because I tell myself exactly that. It's pixels for a game that will probably either turn to poo poo or die in a few years. I'd rather put money towards a trip or a physical thing. But man they design some pretty suits.

neongrey posted:

Wait I thought that hell events were a one time thing? We still havent gotten the suits from the first one (The outfits that change based on the time, the spooky ones)

Yeah I use LN info, and im sitting at like 79% complete wardrobe, that site is the best. I use nox to import my wardrobe so its always up to date!!

big dyke energy posted:

You won't fall behind because you don't actually NEED the event stuff for anything. You could play through the whole game without ever touching the events or anything without a problem... but I know how it feels to see all the stuff and WANT it and see everyone else having it etc etc. 15k diamonds is a whole loving lot, though. Does anyone else feel like the event stuff has gotten more and more expensive as time goes on? Or am I crazy.

And I still think the suits you get from the random thing are more interesting/useful than the big flashy ones!! I just wish it would stop giving me duplicates!!

True, Im honestly doing fine with what I have, I just like making outfits :V It def feels like everything is going up in price, even with the diamond double reset, $100+ is just too much to spend on a game like this.

My current association is pretty lazy about crafting those association suits and it kills me because the new one is SO pretty but we haven't even finished the white one..

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
My current association is pretty chill, and we're halfway through the peacock suit. You need to use discord but if anyone is interested the requirements are like 40 activity a week and do at least half the association wars battles in a month. When you join a new association you need to wait till you have 300 total activity to claim the suits though.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I am literally never going to make 8:30am for the co-op contest stuff in the goon guild, and I feel bad every time I miss it

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer

someone awful. posted:

I am literally never going to make 8:30am for the co-op contest stuff in the goon guild, and I feel bad every time I miss it

I admit that I usually end up having to buy the materials to donate. Sometimes I make it, but I mostly don’t.

Easy-Bake Coven
Sep 18, 2006

B - E - H - A - V - E
never more

Fun Shoe
I think it is set to the 7:30-8:30 slot by default. If more people can make it to the 12:30-13:30 time slot, it would make more sense to change it to that, because currently not a lot of people are participating. Maybe we should have a poll for which time people would prefer?

In my time zone, the first time slot is 17:30-18:30 and the second 22:30-23:30, so I can easily make it to either.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'd be way more likely to make it to that timeslot than the current one, by which i mean i'm more likely to actually be awake on a weekend for it :v:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Make sure you're taking into account that the listed times are based on the server time. Which is... Whichever time zone is 1 hour earlier than PST. Like right now it's 1:30 pm (13:30) here but the server time is 12:30.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

DeusExMchna posted:

Wait I thought that hell events were a one time thing? We still havent gotten the suits from the first one (The outfits that change based on the time, the spooky ones)

In theory they're supposed to come back once a year or so, give or take a month or two. Progress is kept when they come back. We haven't exactly had the north american server long enough to see if they're going to hold to that but there's no reason not to think so, yet.

quote:

Yeah I use LN info, and im sitting at like 79% complete wardrobe, that site is the best. I use nox to import my wardrobe so its always up to date!!

Yeah I use nox for it too, works perfectly.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Recently they've been giving us the ability to craft past event suits; I think there are some events that are not going to come back, but there will still be ways to obtain the suits from them. We'll probably just have to wait a few more updates to get them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tube
Jun 1, 2000

I'm going off the rails on a CRAZY TRAIN!

Fallen Rib

big dyke energy posted:

Recently they've been giving us the ability to craft past event suits; I think there are some events that are not going to come back, but there will still be ways to obtain the suits from them. We'll probably just have to wait a few more updates to get them all.

All the past event suits so far have crafting parts that cost a decent amount of diamonds. They'll absolutely make them available again.

• Locked thread