Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

This is why my wife and I did a simple outdoor wedding on the Indy downtown canal with just our immediate family there.

I wanted to elope but I also wanted her to be happy so....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I ain't made of money. Free beer and wine though.

I uninvited someone because they used to date one of my groomsmen and she's being stupid over it all of a sudden. And another guy because he's convinced he's in the friendzone or something with another guest.

People are terrible, don't invite lots of people to your wedding.

We did about 3 drafts of a guest list with a certain number in mind. When we were nearing a final draft and needed to get rid of a few names we tried to figure out who would cause drama and didn't invite them. It wasn't done because of leanings but in one case my groomsman and his girlfriend were coming so we decided not to invite his ex-wife, even though I knew her longer than her ex-husband. Stuff like that. Drafts for guest lists are a great idea.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

I wanted to elope but I also wanted her to be happy so....

It was actually my wife's idea! This is our second marriage for both so that helped with that decision.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

It was actually my wife's idea! This is our second marriage for both so that helped with that decision.

First for both of us! Her stepmother just gave us a ton of money as a honeymoon present so now we get to do everything she wanted.

Madkal posted:

We did about 3 drafts of a guest list with a certain number in mind. When we were nearing a final draft and needed to get rid of a few names we tried to figure out who would cause drama and didn't invite them. It wasn't done because of leanings but in one case my groomsman and his girlfriend were coming so we decided not to invite his ex-wife, even though I knew her longer than her ex-husband. Stuff like that. Drafts for guest lists are a great idea.

We did the same, it was not easy narrowing it down when we made the final draft. Hilariously the one who we were back and forth on multiple times hit me up with some bullshit about not knowing the future so he took care of that for us. We'd been friends for 20 years but he finally pushed it too far with his antics. We'd really only invited him because we figured he'd churn up a shitstorm and crash.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I'm single and will likely die alone. :)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno I hope your wedding is exactly rowdy enough to be fun and memorable, and no rowdier.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rhyno posted:

don't invite lots of people to your wedding.

This is basically why we didn't get married. We could invite a handful of people, or we could invite 150-ish, but we couldn't work out a way to have somewhere in between.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

This is basically why we didn't get married. We could invite a handful of people, or we could invite 150-ish, but we couldn't work out a way to have somewhere in between.

I've been to 30 guest weddings with no wedding party and 300 guest weddings with a dozen bridesmaids and groomsmen. We're at just under 150 I think but I figure 10% of the people who RSVPed won't show up. Our wedding party isn't enormous but when you factor in spouse's and family it gets a bit out of hand.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The wedding will be great Rhyno. Except the part when she puts the red lantern ring on you. Rhat will be cringe.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mr Hootington posted:

The wedding will be great Rhyno. Except the part when she puts the red lantern ring on you. Rhat will be cringe.

Come on, knowing Rhyno, they will both put on Quantum & Woody's bracelets and KLANG instead of exchanging rings.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

Come on, knowing Rhyno, they will both put on Quantum & Woody's bracelets and KLANG instead of exchanging rings.

i could make this happen

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rhyno posted:

I've been to 30 guest weddings with no wedding party and 300 guest weddings with a dozen bridesmaids and groomsmen. We're at just under 150 I think but I figure 10% of the people who RSVPed won't show up. Our wedding party isn't enormous but when you factor in spouse's and family it gets a bit out of hand.

Smallest one I've been to was under 10 people because it was a small-scale thing for visa reasons. Largest one was a loving huge thing in the Hamptons (ie the literal loving opposite side of the world) with a few hundred people.

Spouses and families were our problem. I've got few relatives in Sydney but my girlfriend keeps in regular contact with her quite large extended family and between them and people who have invited us to their wedding the size was going to balloon out of control, especially given we would have been doing it more out of obligation than anything else. So we skipped it and just had a kid.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

i could make this happen

By the gods, what horror hath I unleashed!?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

i could make this happen
I've honest to God heard worse ideas

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

i could make this happen

My wife let me have a whole bunch of Batman paraphernalia on me (well some of it she didn't know about) so I am sure you can figure something out.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Did she let you dress up as Batman, and was she Catwoman or Superman?

Covok
May 27, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

I've honest to God heard worse ideas

As have I...

https://thefpl.us/episode/129
https://thefpl.us/episode/267

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Smallest wedding I went to had 20 or 30 people and was an absolute blast. They had it at a nice little hotel in Baltimore by the water, and we all made sure to make full use of the open bar, and then followed it up with going out and hitting a karaoke bar.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no comic stuff at my wedding at all.

I have failed you all.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
There's still time, man! There's... still... time!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
No thats actually a good thing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm sure you can find a Superman action figure to top your cake

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait i lied. The cake topper is comics/Disney.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

There's no comic stuff at my wedding at all.

I have failed you all.

The definition of a good wedding is if you're married at the end of it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Please don't put Time Warner products in your wedding.

Covok
May 27, 2013

"I NOW PRONOUSE YOU...CLARK AND LOIS."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Guy Goodbody posted:

Please don't put Time Warner products in your wedding.

Maybe he can get the wedding paid for if they do enough advertising

Covok
May 27, 2013

site posted:

Maybe he can get the wedding paid for if they do enough advertising

"With the power invested in me by the amazing high internet speeds of Time Warner cable and the high international gross of Justice League, I now pronounce you...Bruce and Selina."

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Another wonderful comic book couple that gets forgotten: Wesley Dodds and Dian Belmont in Sandman Mystery Theatre. A noir period piece set in the late '30s and '40s, Dian was a remarkably modern woman, in every way Wesley's partner and equal. It was clear they were best friends as well as lovers, and always trusted each other and had each other's backs. Even when we saw them as elderly people in the modern DCU in James Robinson's Starman, they had physically aged but were exactly the same -- adventurers in every aspect of their lives, who had kept each other fresh and young over through the decades through love, friendship, curiosity, and mutual respect.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Not to interject my own wedding poo poo, but this is what my wife gave me for our first anniversary, which is the paper anniversary so she had it printed and framed. Some Norweigan dude on etsy traces comics then draws heads on them. And our cat is Cyclops because she sucks and is a dick.

So I guess my favorite comic book romance is Wolverine and.... Rogue? People say why not Jean but my wife liked Rogue in the X-Men cartoon growing up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gambit don't like this.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm the Cyclops cat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Dating Wolverine is not what anyone wants to do. Being a young female protege tends to work out great (Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, X-23, Armor if anyone gave a poo poo about her after Whedon stopped writing comics) but I think Squirrel Girl is the only person to sleep with him without dying or having horrible government experiments done to them, and that was a throw away joke.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's also been retconned out.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 3, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
catclops looks pretty baller

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

catclops looks pretty baller

Wanna see more X-Pets.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Behold! Optic Nya!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Dating Wolverine is not what anyone wants to do. Being a young female protege tends to work out great (Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, X-23, Armor if anyone gave a poo poo about her after Whedon stopped writing comics) but I think Squirrel Girl is the only person to sleep with him without dying or having horrible government experiments done to them, and that was a throw away joke.

Because Squirrel Girl was retconned to just have turned 18, they retconned out her romance with Logan.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Covok posted:

Because Squirrel Girl was retconned to just have turned 18, they retconned out her romance with Logan.

I honestly don't know why Bendis thought she wasn't a teen anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I honestly don't know why Bendis thought she wasn't a teen anymore.

Because she first appeared 20 years earlier and Kitty Pryde was an adult by the point Bendis was using her.

• Locked thread