Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Truth Quark posted:

:psyduck:

##vote Gaspy while I watch this other poo poo unfold. He harped on me all of D1 but only did it D2 after he was prodded. And he never voted me all of D2, but came back to early hammer Moat the town vig.

Bottom line is I think Gaspy was trying to fake case me all D1, but tried to quietly drop it when it wasn't gaining any traction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Reminder this is a CPig game and flavor arguments are borderline useless.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

:psyduck:

##vote Gaspy while I watch this other poo poo unfold. He harped on me all of D1 but only did it D2 after he was prodded. And he never voted me all of D2, but came back to early hammer Moat the town vig.

I like this case, and I still think it was scummy that he essentially waited for the go-ahead from Bif before voting you D1.

##vote Gaspy

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I would say shoot Hal Juchero.

He's already Hated, so if he's town we can't bring him to LYLO.

I'd let him claim if he wants to, if he actually show up, but it's all your decision regardless.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

GeneX posted:

1: How the hell would you know that reeve was in the game though, why on earth would I cc if I was lying

2: there’s like 1 sequence where cait sith might be autonomous, and the rest of the time he isn’t, reeve even builds like 4 of them through the course of the whole ff7 story

3: the entire point of reeve’s character is that he sabotages the company by workong with the protagonists

1. In FF6 I was a scum player and I had a full list of fakeclaims. Were I scum now and I saw a fakeclaim list that had Cait Sith but did not have Reeve I would never ever claim Cait Sith because it would be the stupidest thing in the world to do.

2. The entire point of the Cait Sith character is to call into question the morality of sending a robot to die when it can function on its own.

Additionally Reeve doesn't spend all of his time at the controls. Each Cait Sith model is autonomous so even someone were to buy your hilariously bullshit gotcha, the characters we have aren't mutually exclusive.

3. Reeve literally repeatedly betrays the party and holds an old lady at gunpoint to sabotage them.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Gotta follow my heart ##vote flerp

I was suspicious of him yesterday and solidified by flips

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah thats fair, i was insanely wrong (sorry bmoney)

i dont like these flavor arguments and, based off of ff6 and things pig has said about it, i dont think this game will be solvable by flavor or night action mafia but good ol' fashioned scum hunting

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Natural 20 posted:

1. In FF6 I was a scum player and I had a full list of fakeclaims. Were I scum now and I saw a fakeclaim list that had Cait Sith but did not have Reeve I would never ever claim Cait Sith because it would be the stupidest thing in the world to do.

2. The entire point of the Cait Sith character is to call into question the morality of sending a robot to die when it can function on its own.

Additionally Reeve doesn't spend all of his time at the controls. Each Cait Sith model is autonomous so even someone were to buy your hilariously bullshit gotcha, the characters we have aren't mutually exclusive.

3. Reeve literally repeatedly betrays the party and holds an old lady at gunpoint to sabotage them.

Point 1 is contradicted by point 2, you’re saying you know why I’m calling you out then arguing that actually the callout makes no sense, but fine, maybe CPig interpreted the game wrong, whatever.

Reeve spends a bunch of the game in jail for helping the party after changing motivations from sabotage to actual help and allowing the party to spy on shinra, he starts out evil then ends up good.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Flavor arguments dumb

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’m at a bit of a loss today because I planned to murderlynch LMac so someone say something stupid tia

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

GeneX posted:

Point 1 is contradicted by point 2, you’re saying you know why I’m calling you out then arguing that actually the callout makes no sense, but fine, maybe CPig interpreted the game wrong, whatever.

Reeve spends a bunch of the game in jail for helping the party after changing motivations from sabotage to actual help and allowing the party to spy on shinra, he starts out evil then ends up good.

I'm saying you're calling me out because you're a scumbo with Reeve as a fakeclaim. You've seen me out myself as Cait Sith with a vig and now you're trying to get me out of the game.

When I flip town you'll drop back and be like "Oh maybe they're consistent?"

This is where 2 comes in. Since the characters aren't mutually exclusive, this is how you're planning to get out of your bullshit callout. You clearly know enough about the game to be able to pull that, I just don't think you counted on me seeing through it so quickly.

And finally, sure, he spends half the game evil and half the game good. But given how you just tried to call me out, I'm inclined to put you in the evil half for now.

##vote GeneX

Don't gently caress with me and my knowledge of FFVII flavour.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Natural 20 posted:

I'm saying you're calling me out because you're a scumbo with Reeve as a fakeclaim. You've seen me out myself as Cait Sith with a vig and now you're trying to get me out of the game.

When I flip town you'll drop back and be like "Oh maybe they're consistent?"

This is where 2 comes in. Since the characters aren't mutually exclusive, this is how you're planning to get out of your bullshit callout. You clearly know enough about the game to be able to pull that, I just don't think you counted on me seeing through it so quickly.

And finally, sure, he spends half the game evil and half the game good. But given how you just tried to call me out, I'm inclined to put you in the evil half for now.

##vote GeneX

Don't gently caress with me and my knowledge of FFVII flavour.

Right, CPig is going to give me reeve as my fakeclaim and give you cait sith as a role? That’s even dumber than the reverse, there’s multiple cait siths and they’re all demonstrably controlled by reeve. Why the hell would I, immediately after telling everyone that I’m a jailer with a pgo materia, get into a claimwar with a vig posing no threat to me?

:thunk:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Natural 20 posted:

GeneX posted:

Right, CPig is going to give me reeve as my fakeclaim and give you cait sith as a role? That’s even dumber than the reverse, there’s multiple cait siths and they’re all demonstrably controlled by reeve. Why the hell would I, immediately after telling everyone that I’m a jailer with a pgo materia, get into a claimwar with a vig posing no threat to me?

:thunk:

Now this is pinging me hard but I can't figure out who is scum from it. Nat20 is claiming based on knowledge of previous FF games that scum have a list of fake claims they can pick and choose from. GeneX is claiming that scum players have only one fake claim each and wording it in such a way that it is either knowledge he possesses (because scum) or a very strong assumption.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I have not played any FF video games or FF related mafia and this am unable to post any opinions about this nonsense

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

My lesson learned from b- demise is that nobody should ever breadcrumb like that.

Also sorry b-

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok I still gotta spreadsheet everything but I don't buy Gene's claim. Not all those kills can be town and it seems way too convenient that B- allegedly picked GeneX to bodyguard. More like, GeneX got the Counter materia, and knew he could get away with blaming his death on that. All Gene's bragging now about how great it is that his super "docblocker" ability gets to go untouched sounds like a LOT of posturing to establish a townie narrative.

Plus his trying to push a flavor gotcha on Nat! If Gene knows enough flavour to know that Reeve possibly conflicts as a claim with Cait Sith, he should know that they would also work fine as separate characters.

But you know what I think?

Reeve as an ambiguous Shinra would make a great fakeclaim to have in the Shinra pool.

##vote GeneX

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’m not reading any post that talks about flavor

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

ok I still gotta spreadsheet everything but I don't buy Gene's claim. Not all those kills can be town and it seems way too convenient that B- allegedly picked GeneX to bodyguard. More like, GeneX got the Counter materia, and knew he could get away with blaming his death on that. All Gene's bragging now about how great it is that his super "docblocker" ability gets to go untouched sounds like a LOT of posturing to establish a townie narrative.

Plus his trying to push a flavor gotcha on Nat! If Gene knows enough flavour to know that Reeve possibly conflicts as a claim with Cait Sith, he should know that they would also work fine as separate characters.

But you know what I think?

Reeve as an ambiguous Shinra would make a great fakeclaim to have in the Shinra pool.

##vote GeneX

I don't see the town motivation for GeneX claiming what he did. Under zero pressure (and with zero useful results) he claims jailor, an excellent power role. It's also convenient that he claims his Counter is a permanent PGO that will kill all night visitors (including investigators).

Gaspy is still scummy, but I think he can wait another day.

##vote GeneX

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

Right, CPig is going to give me reeve as my fakeclaim and give you cait sith as a role?

yes. yes he would. or rather, he'd give y'all a group of fakeclaims rather than assigning it 1:1

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Truth Quark posted:

Now this is pinging me hard but I can't figure out who is scum from it. Nat20 is claiming based on knowledge of previous FF games that scum have a list of fake claims they can pick and choose from. GeneX is claiming that scum players have only one fake claim each and wording it in such a way that it is either knowledge he possesses (because scum) or a very strong assumption.

or cause he's just full of bullshit and the whole reason he picked Reeve was on purpose to give him extra ammo against Nat with this shaky flavor argument.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’m on my phone, where was Gene on the Tithin/DB/other guy who escapes me (gulag??) trifecta

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Your Personal Muse posted:

I’m on my phone, where was Gene on the Tithin/DB/other guy who escapes me (gulag??) trifecta

Pod, Bif, LMac, Nat20 are the only votes I see.

Nothing on tithin, DB, gulag.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

or cause he's just full of bullshit and the whole reason he picked Reeve was on purpose to give him extra ammo against Nat with this shaky flavor argument.

Basically I think this at the moment.

I'm playing d&d tonight so I'll be able to respond intermittently going forward for the evening.

I'll probably be getting wrecked after.

So I'll do a full breakdown on GX beyond the bullshit flavour when I'm hungover tomorrow.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

That sure is why I softclaimed reeve on D2 while casing Little Mac, yup

GeneX posted:

- likes Cait Sith, which I am forced to agree with for reasons beyond my control and that I will not mention further

great thinking there, bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Truth Quark posted:

Bottom line is I think Gaspy was trying to fake case me all D1, but tried to quietly drop it when it wasn't gaining any traction.

Not to mention his tunneled case on you being so heavily constructed yesterday, to justify hanging onto that flimsy D1 content. I didnt like some of the filler in there either, like talking about your "hypocrisy" in pulling up LMac about some Shine talk that doesn't even have anything to do with this game.

In contrast to that overly constructed case, his main case on tithin was just "his tone is off", which he's also attempted to say for me but he mixes up whether it's my tone or my content that's off. Oh wait, he claims it just changed, where my content was fine D1 but he thinks I'm just fake casing him. On D2 somehow my tone allegedly gets all better but now my content is off. But even if my content was off, if my tone was sincere why is he saying he even doubts me when I said I'm not just looking for reasons to call him scummy, if anything I'm always looking for an excuse to put it off?

Gaspy is still my TOP scum suspect once this Gene stuff is sorted.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

That sure is why I softclaimed reeve on D2 while casing Little Mac, yup

great thinking there, bif

missed that one, cause who the gently caress cares about anything related to Cait Sith :v:

ok so you picked that Reeve would be yours earlier, and now here comes the payoff.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

If you honestly don't get why I fullclaimed a protective/roleblock role after the 2nd night in a row where we've had less deaths than there are nominal killing roles:

N1: Gulag gets ganked (twice, if flavor matters here, which I assume it does), tithin gets shot. Moat claims tithin and flips town vig; KB claims one shot on gulag. Shinra presumably murdered Gulag, too, and that leaves the turks' kill missing; I protected/blocked Pod, so I suspect it went there.

N2: Little Mac, Pod, and b- are dead; KB claims mac, Nat 20 claims Pod, I PGO b-. Two kills are missing this time; I block/protect bif, so unless she's on one team and was shot by the other (or there's even more roleblocks flying around), at least one of KB/Nat 20 is lying.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

one other option is the different scum teams can only kill on alternate nights. Which seems even more likely today with so many freaking kill abilities flying around.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

GeneX posted:

If you honestly don't get why I fullclaimed a protective/roleblock role after the 2nd night in a row where we've had less deaths than there are nominal killing roles:

N1: Gulag gets ganked (twice, if flavor matters here, which I assume it does), tithin gets shot. Moat claims tithin and flips town vig; KB claims one shot on gulag. Shinra presumably murdered Gulag, too, and that leaves the turks' kill missing; I protected/blocked Pod, so I suspect it went there.

N2: Little Mac, Pod, and b- are dead; KB claims mac, Nat 20 claims Pod, I PGO b-. Two kills are missing this time; I block/protect bif, so unless she's on one team and was shot by the other (or there's even more roleblocks flying around), at least one of KB/Nat 20 is lying.

You are assuming so many things here. You're assuming that some other protective role didn't block the kill N1 (also that the Turks could kill N1). You're assuming that Bif is scum in this post (since it looks like you're blaming the lack of kill on blocking her). You're assuming your PGO didn't hit a BP target (which is lol because scum almost certainly have BP powers in this game).

You're also asking us to trust that you A) took the Counter materia and B) that it provides unlimited PGO (which is an awful convenient claim for scum).

I get the serious sense that you have outside information that you aren't sharing with us.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
The biggest problem I have with this is that GeneX's claims have a very obvious explanation for why he would do it as both scum and town, I need to think about which seems more likely.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GeneX posted:

Is your argument that you blocked a NK, so nobody else can have an ability that blocks a NK?

For all you know, Bif could be scum sent to do the NK AND the target of another NK. We have two town killing roles flipped already, so someone claiming a kill doesn't make them less likely to be lynched. But they're doing it anyway.

If you're town, I still don't see why you'd out yourself as a jailor. You've told us nothing useful in a game with this many players/power roles.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If you're town, I still don't see why you'd out yourself as a jailor. You've told us nothing useful in a game with this many players/power roles.

As town, showing off his claim would mean scum despair at his super invincible PGO status I guess? but it'd stop them from blowing themselves up on him.

As scum, he gets to scare off investigations or rival faction kills, AND lunches, cause who could dare doubt the super helpful invincible jailer?!?!?!

which, btw, sounds like a load of crap that it's not a oneshot PGO.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
still catching up, I do plan to use my day vig today and Hal is a good suggestion, but I wanted to see if anyone else had ideas on using it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Is your argument that you blocked a NK, so nobody else can have an ability that blocks a NK?

For all you know, Bif could be scum sent to do the NK AND the target of another NK. We have two town killing roles flipped already, so someone claiming a kill doesn't make them less likely to be lynched. But they're doing it anyway.

My argument is that clearing up what happened at night in a situation where I'm a jailor who is untouchable at night is a good play to make, because keeping my role secret does not actually help anyone, whereas saying what I can do and what I know does

The idea is that people knowing where the b- death came from and that I roleblocked/doctored someone on a night with potentially 2 missing kills is a good thing. The reason doctors and roleblockers generally don't claim on nights with less-than-expected kills is, speaking from experience, because they get shot immediately for it; I'm not at risk of that unless one of the two scumteams already down a member or two think being blown away by a pgo is great fun.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

still catching up, I do plan to use my day vig today and Hal is a good suggestion, but I wanted to see if anyone else had ideas on using it

Asiina is another one I'd suggest, but Hal is good

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Juchero posted:

Shoot nat 20 (or me if you have to, to prove that I'm not lying and nat 20 goddamn is)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

Shoot nat 20 (or me if you have to, to prove that I'm not lying and nat 20 goddamn is)

oh wait, the dayvig resolves before end of day, doesn't it? aww yeah :dance:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

but lol at Gene talking all big like "shoot me if you have to" if he's still got Counter materia in effect

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

but lol at Gene talking all big like "shoot me if you have to" if he's still got Counter materia in effect

it's a pgo at night, not, like, at all times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

GeneX posted:

No gently caress that, you're already caught in a lie, I'm not getting shot to prove it and there's no guarantee beyond your own word that counter doesn't work during the day.

You're trying to bait out the vig on yourself to kill it.

• Locked thread