Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
##unvote I think Nat20 and GeneX are not really good candidates for todays lynch because flavor arguments are worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i'm gonna throw you all a curveball here

if it works, well, we'll see what happens

if it doesn't, shame on me

##blast cpig

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

Only a poo poo player would want to leave someone they actually thought was scum alive for multiple days and that’s not you. At least now I can finally relax about all that “hmmmm gaspy’s case feels forced hmmmm” bullshit.

I literally watched Bif suggest your thread should keep caught scum alive in the last game we played. I also watched her debate you and think you were scum for several days straight without acting on it.

This all rings really really false to me considering you lived it, and I was just a bystander for your thread.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Only a poo poo player would want to leave someone they actually thought was scum alive for multiple days and that’s not you. At least now I can finally relax about all that “hmmmm gaspy’s case feels forced hmmmm” bullshit.

that is literally what I just did in Shine V :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

lol efb

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Juchero posted:

##blast cpig

lol

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Asphyxious once again going after someone else when I'm supposedly his biggest scum read ##vote Gaspy

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Juchero posted:

##blast cpig

This is a warning. Do not fake day actions. The next person that does this will be modkilled.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote

Hard to believe he's lying when the mod confirms his ability could be used. And I can't imagine he'd pass up counter.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

CapitalistPig posted:

This is a warning. Do not fake day actions. The next person that does this will be modkilled.

you are the biggest joker

##blast Hal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

welp fine, maybe GeneX and Nat will make more sense tomorrow after there's even more ~data~

as far as day mafia casing goes, Gaspy just keeps piling on the fake content

##vote Gaspy

GeneX posted:

you literally just played a game where Bif argued passionately against your lynch while much of deadchat and half of your own thread thought you were scum

that's love, my friend, cherish it

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Juchero posted:

##blast Hal

Hal Incandenza - Elmyra - Town aligned vanilla was blasted on day 3!

You are Elmyra

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Elmyra

You are town aligned vanilla and win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

The day continues.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
0/2 Juchero and not paying attention to who is dead and who is not, not sure how I feel about him.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
looool

##vote Gaspy

Yeah, returning to this.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Looking back over the thread.

I'm am pretty sure we have a scum Asiina this game.

Actually very sure. ##vote Asiina

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
tbf most of yesterday was spent in an anxious haze or unconscious

i mixed up the cases for day 2 and day 3, sue me

speaking of, time to do some actual casing on the current vote leaders

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Truth Quark posted:

Asphyxious once again going after someone else when I'm supposedly his biggest scum read ##vote Gaspy

This is the shittest logic. You’re not my top you’re [i]a[/a] scum read. Also you tunnelling on me because I cased you is a lovely multi-day long omgus with zero effort and just proves me right.

King Burgundy posted:

I literally watched Bif suggest your thread should keep caught scum alive in the last game we played. I also watched her debate you and think you were scum for several days straight without acting on it.

This all rings really really false to me considering you lived it, and I was just a bystander for your thread.

Bifauxnen posted:

that is literally what I just did in Shine V :v:

KB is sephiroth, Bif is hojo. Their interactions over the last two days smack of people talking outside of the thread and the evidence is mounting fast. I get it, everyone loves them and will listen to them and I’m pissing into the wind, but that’s exactly what’s happening here.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Asphyxious (3): Truth Quark, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, Bifauxnen, Anomalous Amalgam
Bifauxnen (1): Asphyxious
Natural 20 (1): GeneX
GeneX (1): Natural 20, Bifauxnen, Tobbs Gnawed, Anomalous Amalgam, Truth Quark, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Bifauxnen, Truth Quark, Tobbs Gnawed, Anomalous Amalgam
Asiina (1): Mithross
flerp (1): NevergirlsOFFICIAL

Not Voting (8): Asiina, flerp, IllegallySober, Juchero, King Burgundy, Tired Moritz, Tobbs Gnawed, Your Personal Muse

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 11th, 2018 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 6 hours.

Todays Materia are Restore, Time, and Mime.

Todays mini game is Bone Village Eaxcavation!

Every player has TWO workers to assign to coordinates on the map.

The Materia have been placed in the grid.

I will accept submissions for BOTH workers at the same time ONLY.

If either of your workers hits a materia then you get the materia! (This could allow for people getting multiple materia)

If no one hits a materia it will go to whoever was closest to it.

So when you are ready to assign your workers send me a PM or private message on discord.

You have until the day ends to give me coordinates!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Asphyxious posted:

KB is sephiroth, Bif is hojo. Their interactions over the last two days smack of people talking outside of the thread and the evidence is mounting fast. I get it, everyone loves them and will listen to them and I’m pissing into the wind, but that’s exactly what’s happening here.

It's funny you say that since that was literally the case in the CPig FF game immediately before this one.
I'm not saying CPig wouldn't steal ideas from his own games, but I don't think he'd do it twice in a row, with the exact same people randomly rolling into those rolls again.
And if he did I'm gonna be sad.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
~*~Lumpen List~*~

Probably Scumbos:
Gaspy
Asiina (from what little I know of her scum game, this looks like it)

Kinda Scummy:
Juchero
King Burgundy (gut reads)
NGO
Tired Moritz (not much content) outside of flavor arguments)

Neutral Read:
Mithross
flerp
AA
YPM

Leaning Town:
Bif
IS??
Tobbs

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Juchero posted:

##blast Hal

NO. NO NO NO NO NO.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mithross posted:

It's funny you say that since that was literally the case in the CPig FF game immediately before this one.
I'm not saying CPig wouldn't steal ideas from his own games, but I don't think he'd do it twice in a row, with the exact same people randomly rolling into those rolls again.

THANK loving GOD FOR GAMBLERS FALLACY BEING AN INTELLIGENT THING TO RELY ON.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mithross posted:

Yeah even if he somehow put the exact same roles in again there is no way he doesn't reroll if he gets us again.

It is funny how much on the same wavelength me and bif are this game tho. Maybe since we both just came off being a leader it has us thinking similarly.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asphyxious posted:

This is the shittest logic. You’re not my top you’re [i]a[/a] scum read. Also you tunnelling on me because I cased you is a lovely multi-day long omgus with zero effort and just proves me right.

So, when two players point out that your arguments are fake based on just having played a game together, your response is to...call them both scum on a team with each other?

Or maybe they're both observant players who were intimately involved with the game, and could come to the same conclusion independently.

##vote Asphyxious

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Hal Incandenza - Elmyra - Town aligned vanilla was blasted on day 3!

You are Elmyra

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Elmyra

You are town aligned vanilla and win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

The day continues.

Worthless. Zero data. As picked by Bif. What a loving shock.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gaspy if you think I was just backing up KB cause we're on a team, it was because I thought his vig claim had to be town and Moat was hella scummy in the way he brought up his doubts.

Today I think that KB definitely needs to be trusted less as a possible SK. Though with Nat also claiming a vig-like power now this whole thing is starting to get ridiculous.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

THANK loving GOD FOR GAMBLERS FALLACY BEING AN INTELLIGENT THING TO RELY ON.

Yes, that's a thing I'm relying on.
Also it's not gambler's fallacy if I said I didn't think he'd use the roles twice in a row.
That's an appraisal of CPig as a mod.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Worthless. Zero data. As picked by Bif. What a loving shock.

I was not the one who suggested Hal. I suggested Asiina as an alternative to Hal. Though I did still think Hal was an ok choice.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

It is funny how much on the same wavelength me and bif are this game tho. Maybe since we both just came off being a leader it has us thinking similarly.

yeah it's been nice! here's hoping you're not Sephiroth

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I was not the one who suggested Hal. I suggested Asiina as an alternative to Hal. Though I did still think Hal was an ok choice.

Asiina would also be worthless so bravo. Should have picked me, but I guess that doesn’t fit with your long term plans now does it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah it's been nice! here's hoping you're not Sephiroth

:rolleyes: loving Christ.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Asiina would also be worthless so bravo. Should have picked me

man you just always gotta be right about your scum picks don't you :cheeky:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
it would b p lol if bif and kb are scum/bad pals again

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Asphyxious posted:

NO. NO NO NO NO NO.

this is what i play for.

let's take a look at your recent posts

Asphyxious posted:

So:

Then in response to “who else should we vig?”

Boom. Bif is scum fakecasing me but keeping me around for a later lunch.

##vote Bifauxnen

Asphyxious posted:

i feel like the idea of "kill lurkers rather than people who are responding to casing, because they'll give us more to go off of" is a perfectly legit way of playing mafia. hal's death isn't that big of a deal even as town, because they would have been a liability to town as we got further in, and scum likely wouldn't nightkill them.

Asphyxious posted:

Linguistic analysis points to Nat20 violating more maxims than gene so iff this flavour stuff is a gotcha I’d much rather vote for Nat 20.

this feels like a pretty fake rear end argument, "i don't wanna make a flavor case but if we're doing flavor we should kill this person instead of this person"

Asphyxious posted:

so do you like flavor cases or not? why would you hesitate on a flavor case(if you wanna talk about linguistics, "so iff this flavour stuff is a gotcha I’d much rather vote for Nat 20" feels like distancing yourself from the argument), yet make one on two other players pressuring you? that feels a lot more OMGUS than whatever you're going on about

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Asiina would also be worthless so bravo.

I mean this is kinda true. I'm pretty drat sure asiina is scum, but that flip would tell us nothing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'd be willing to vote Asiina for scum, and KB for SK or scum.

I also think the scum probably have alternating kills because of the number of vigs in this game, but eh... that's unsupported. No way to know.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Truth Quark posted:

~*~Lumpen List~*~

Probably Scumbos:
Gaspy
Asiina (from what little I know of her scum game, this looks like it)

Kinda Scummy:
Juchero
King Burgundy (gut reads)
NGO
Tired Moritz (not much content) outside of flavor arguments)

Neutral Read:
Mithross
flerp
AA
YPM

Leaning Town:
Bif
IS??
Tobbs

Gene is missing from your list.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003