Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

well if he just doesn't want to die is all, why did he refuse to help me (his absolute towniest pick that he credits with proving the truth of his claim even) with getting the Black Materia out of scum hands?

and now that im accusing him with more weight, look how fast he jumps to doubting whether I really was the right target to doc

I think you are town, but for whatever reason, my own idiocy, the way things are playing out, we are at ends...

I have no problem with you, but in this Mafia game in particular, you sure are under my skin lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Bif has Mith in Masondoc actually cased anyone? Because I’m really not willing to clear Mith on a sliver of flavour after he’s even pointed out himself that he’s playing his scum game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Bif has Mith in Masondoc actually cased anyone? Because I’m really not willing to clear Mith on a sliver of flavour after he’s even pointed out himself that he’s playing his scum game.

I'll have to actually go check... which should give you a rough indication of your answer already.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
The answer is no

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

not normally. I dont think its normal for vanillas to get jail flavor either, but CPig does have a personal precedent of adding flavorful stuff to roles

Nope. Nope nope to any of this. Mithross is definitely scum. I want to say gene leaping to his defence is town trying to be helpful but it also smacks of covering for a buddy.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Truth Quark posted:

The answer is no

Mithross is 100% scum regardless of any last minute flavour quirks.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Asphyxious posted:

Nope. Nope nope to any of this. Mithross is definitely scum. I want to say gene leaping to his defence is town trying to be helpful but it also smacks of covering for a buddy.

Gene can't be lying because there's what, at least two other players alive that can confirm or deny the flavor message?

It doesn't clear Mith but if Gene is lying we murder him.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asphyxious posted:

Mithross is 100% scum regardless of any last minute flavour quirks.

I agree surprisingly

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Truth Quark posted:

Gene can't be lying because there's what, at least two other players alive that can confirm or deny the flavor message?

It doesn't clear Mith but if Gene is lying we murder him.

There’s a lot I’m not loving about the Gene situation and at this point I’d sooner vote Gene than for AA. There’s been a thousand little things stacked against Gene and because of his setup, he’ll probably still be here in the endgame.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

During D1 before I showed up, Mithross suggested recruiting both me and KB, but me first since KB had been more laid back. Which sounded fun and like a kinda townie aim actually. No casing though, and not much other talk.

During D2, Mith:
- agreed with TQ that Juch had said something kinda scummy
- debated whether he should claim yet or not
- said he had to catch up later
- vaguely agreed with me and TQ as we discussed some things from AA and YPM sounding weird
- put a little more effort into backing me up as I tunnelled Gaspy, making points about my tone vs content
- continued to assert that D2 didnt look good for Gaspy when he hammered
- thought recruiting KB was no longer a good idea cause even if he really was a town vig, he probably wouldnt live long
- agreed with my suggestion of recruiting Tobbs next, also said he felt good about Gene

D3: Tobbs arrives and me and him and TQ all discuss the hell out of B- and Gene for a long time before Mith shows up.
- Mithross shows up to claim his watcher role by saying that yes, B- visited Gene the night before. He also fills us in that he watched KB on N1 with no visitors. we naturally wonder how the gently caress Mithross didnt die to Gene's Counter.
- Mithross thinks Gene could be lying...then saysfor SURE he's lying. that big Phoenix Wright objection I did about not getting materia till D3? That was Mithross' discovery that I was claiming credit for since I'm VT and dont give a gently caress. But it got clarified of course.
- while we were waiting for clarification, Mithross is suss on Juchero for not paying attention to who's dead
- after clarification and the Gene gotcha is lost, Mithross still wonders how he's not dead, maybe it only triggers on attacks, and a bulletproof scum (like maybe Sephiroth? "sliced up" sure sounds like Sephiroth) attacked Gene, so B- died from bodyguarding him. Tobbs was very vocal about this maybe being a scumslip from Mithross for saying he claimed himself he saw no one besides him and B- visit Gene. But Mithross claimed he was just blindly speculating cause it was so confusing and he just woke up. Gene claiming that Counter only worked on one person per night anyway calmed things down a bit...
- After this, Mithross felt suss on Asiina.

I need a break, more later.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

D3 ctd:
- everyone but Mithross talks a ton. while I'm complaining about people who won't read slapfight, Mithross finally interjects one line about how it wasnt even a huge slapfight.

N3:
- Mithross shows up saying it is now his lunch break. I don't want to be too hard on him for being busy with work, but contrasting against that one single line comment earlier its starting to feel a bit suss like come on, dont you have more to say when you are around? He agrees to our plan where he watches YPM while TQ recruits YPM, either way we'll get something.
- Mithross then chats to wonder whether someone with mime could mime TQ and get a mason recruit? (yeah that woulda been cool haha)

D4: YPM joins the masonry
- Mithross reports that only him and TQ visited YPM.
- We all discuss Gene's choice of miming Nat and so on
- Mithross shows up all "I finally get home and none of you are here!" but I was just idling like usual and so we chat. what Mithross wanted to chat about was the whole KB thing being weird. He could be town or 3P. But Mithross wasnt wanting to dunk KB yet, since he was allegedly locked down for now.
- later Mithross mentions he's a cook so he's extra busy over V-Day. He then mentions some suspicion of IS which is the most I've seen him case in the chat. Points out a couple little things he did that werent much, and Mithross also says he doesnt like IS pushing for KB's lunch when he's probably 3P at worst. Specifically, he doesn't like going for 3P instead of scum in a two team scum game.
- then Mithross makes his joke about scumread on dead Gulag, says in chat hes just goofing around.

N4:
- Mithross says he should probably just watch YPM again unless we got a better idea? We think that stills sounds best. Maybe people genuinely missed his claim the day before, but today people talked so kuch about missing it, it had to have more attention now!
- when Max was warning of the cutoff approaching for submitting actions, Mithross showed up confessing that was him holding things up cause he'd forgot to submit before going to bed.
- while waiting for things to resolve, he joins everyone in being nervous about bad stuff happening whatwith that blood gif and all

D5:
- Mithross claims that Gene did in fact visit YPM as he claims. No other visitors (besides him). Wonders if scum just assumed YPM was getting Restore used on him. no other chat until...

N5:
- goes all wtf at KB's immortal Sephiroth claim. Plans to watch YPM again.

that brings us to today!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

So he’s in theory watching YPM, that’s his claim and the sum total of his activity, and at the same time the supremely obvious NK target of YPM hasn’t been targeted at all.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

So he’s in theory watching YPM, that’s his claim and the sum total of his activity, and at the same time the supremely obvious NK target of YPM hasn’t been targeted at all.

yyyyyyyyyyyup. I'm thinking there is a good chance Mithross could be scum... whoah actually if it is with GeneX that'd also explain why they're so relaxed, cause Gene knows he'll kill the cop if he visits.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##unvote

Gene might be the better choice for today. Gene's choice of TQ to cop is one that seems helpful, but pretty much everyone in masonry already thought TQ was town I think.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Here we are overthinking it with godfathers when it could just be Gene knowing he'll instakill anyone who cops him

Gene + Mithross for Turks, and AA for Shinra who just has no scumbuds to point out when he missed the copclaim :colbert:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

##unvote

Gene might be the better choice for today. Gene's choice of TQ to cop is one that seems helpful, but pretty much everyone in masonry already thought TQ was town I think.

Yeah even I thought TQ was town by that point.

There’d be so many better targets to choose but that seems to be this game’s motto.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Man, the day has been slow (and I have been checked out more than usual, yes) then in my sleep we get 172 posts about how I'm scum.

Bif has posted all of my claim at this point, but yes, I am chocobo billy, watcher and mason.

I've been watching the claimed cop because that is what one does, and also because my mason buddies have continued to recommend that I do so.

I can't imagine a world where I, as a scum, passively watch the cop and let them live for several nights of no protective visitors, without either coming up with fake results or even just saying I thought watching AA would be smarter or something. Why would I just let the cop hang out alive?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah even I thought TQ was town by that point.

There’d be so many better targets to choose but that seems to be this game’s motto.

lol seriously

LETS DO THIS :hfive:

##vote GeneX

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mithross posted:

Man, the day has been slow (and I have been checked out more than usual, yes) then in my sleep we get 172 posts about how I'm scum.

Bif has posted all of my claim at this point, but yes, I am chocobo billy, watcher and mason.

I've been watching the claimed cop because that is what one does, and also because my mason buddies have continued to recommend that I do so.

I can't imagine a world where I, as a scum, passively watch the cop and let them live for several nights of no protective visitors, without either coming up with fake results or even just saying I thought watching AA would be smarter or something. Why would I just let the cop hang out alive?

Because you’re stuck watching the cop, the ninjas are dead, and you’d have to come up with answer for who visited the cop that could be instantly rebuffed. You’re trapped, same as Gene. Hence all the kills drying up.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I, too, think someone is scum and, contingent on that read and some complete speculation, think lynching someone else entirely is the best of ideas.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

I, too, think someone is scum and, contingent on that read and some complete speculation, think lynching someone else entirely is the best of ideas.

sounds like a scummy response hey, doesn't it Gaspy

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I feel obligated to point that scum down definitely killed flerp last night, and it couldn't have been mith or Gene (ok maybe if could've been mith but I doubt it).

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Asphyxious posted:

Because you’re stuck watching the cop, the ninjas are dead, and you’d have to come up with answer for who visited the cop that could be instantly rebuffed. You’re trapped, same as Gene. Hence all the kills drying up.

"Hey guys, are you sure I should watch the cop? They've been completely ignored and AA softclaimed doc, maybe I should go there tonight"

Look, I wasn't stuck or trapped. That's such a simple answer. But I stuck with the cop.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

GeneX posted:

No I see the logic. If you and Mith are both scum, you’re the higher priority target.

Mith is caught having to do X and if he breaks from that loses his claim altogether. Worse comes to it, Nat20 can vig him.

You can’t be investigated, or vigged, or anything, but you’re free to move about at night doing whatever, and the only threat to you is the lunch, so Bif is actioning that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Truth Quark posted:

I feel obligated to point that scum down definitely killed flerp last night, and it couldn't have been mith or Gene (ok maybe if could've been mith but I doubt it).

who says it couldn't be Gene? Scum cops don't need to actually visit to come up with something to say, unless they're worried about being spotted.

If Gene's scumbro is Mithross he can both be sure you weren't watched, and he can bet from all the mason knowledge that you're town instead of an opposing scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

"Hey guys, are you sure I should watch the cop? They've been completely ignored and AA softclaimed doc, maybe I should go there tonight"

Look, I wasn't stuck or trapped. That's such a simple answer. But I stuck with the cop.

and it's still so goddamn weird that AA isn't dead after that softclaim, btw

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

No I see the logic. If you and Mith are both scum, you’re the higher priority target.

Mith is caught having to do X and if he breaks from that loses his claim altogether. Worse comes to it, Nat20 can vig him.

hell, even if Mithross is scum he could genuinely help try and catch a rival on the other team

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Also, the only way the kills dry up if I'm scum trapped watching a certain target is if I'm also the lone scum on my team, so I guess you think I'm shinra? Because otherwise my turk bro just works around me and my mason knowledge.

But I see you think in scum with gene? I'm not sure why that stops nks

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Asphyxious posted:

You can’t be investigated, or vigged, or anything, but you’re free to move about at night doing whatever, and the only threat to you is the lunch, so Bif is actioning that.

Yes, cool. However, me being scum in this scenario is contingent on Mithross being scum in the first place.

What you’re actually saying is “you’re too powerful to leave alive until endgame”, which is a legitimate if not particularly smart reason. “You’re scum because I suspect Mithross and your actions might line up with his, maybe” is neither legitimate nor smart.

If you’re arguing for my lynch, be goddamn intelligent about it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mithross posted:

Also, the only way the kills dry up if I'm scum trapped watching a certain target is if I'm also the lone scum on my team, so I guess you think I'm shinra? Because otherwise my turk bro just works around me and my mason knowledge.

But I see you think in scum with gene? I'm not sure why that stops nks

It stopped NK’s while you had to sort your poo poo out but I guess you felt comfortable last night. Gene was also trapped because he had to pretend to be a cop :v:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

It stopped NK’s while you had to sort your poo poo out but I guess you felt comfortable last night. Gene was also trapped because he had to pretend to be a cop :v:

I don't mind that you think I'm scum, but this theory hinges on me being scum and stupid about it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

GeneX posted:

Yes, cool. However, me being scum in this scenario is contingent on Mithross being scum in the first place.

What you’re actually saying is “you’re too powerful to leave alive until endgame”, which is a legitimate if not particularly smart reason. “You’re scum because I suspect Mithross and your actions might line up with his, maybe” is neither legitimate nor smart.

I’m excessively intelligent about everything, and this reads the same as KB’s frustration when he got rumbled too.

##vote GeneX

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mithross posted:

I don't mind that you think I'm scum, but this theory hinges on me being scum and stupid about it.

Where’s the evidence that scum are playing cleverly here.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Asphyxious posted:

I’m excessively intelligent about everything, and this reads the same as KB’s frustration when he got rumbled too.

##vote GeneX

:sigh:

You’re really, really not.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Where’s the evidence that scum are playing cleverly here.

well, we haven't caught any of them in days, and you're here casing town.

So they're doing ok I guess.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

drat, someone else who hasn't been reading the whole game I tell you what

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Wait so now you all believe what I've been saying from Day loving 3?

Hell yes.

##vote GeneX

:getout:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

drat, someone else who hasn't been reading the whole game I tell you what

Yes, the player screaming at you and TQ for D1-3, coming up with a now discarded scumteam set, and relying on a theory that posits that I’m scum contingent entirely on someone else being scum is being extremely smart.

For gently caress’s sake.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I’m not frustrated that I’m being voted for, I’m frustrated that the logic behind it doesn’t hold up, with 2 people almost certainly read as town by the cop, meaning it’s dumb townplay rather than opportunistic scumplay.

I have poo poo to do, will not be around for deadline, and should probably stop typing anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

Yes, the player screaming at you and TQ for D1-3, coming up with a now discarded scumteam set, and relying on a theory that posits that I’m scum contingent entirely on someone else being scum is being extremely smart.

For gently caress’s sake.

discarded my rear end, things have looked suss around you ever since your super convenient claim, in the masonry we were mostly hoping to see more data pan out from you and Mithross to help make it easier to judge.

• Locked thread