Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

I’m not frustrated that I’m being voted for, I’m frustrated that the logic behind it doesn’t hold up, with 2 people almost certainly read as town by the cop, meaning it’s dumb townplay rather than opportunistic scumplay.

it's 3 people, actually :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bifauxnen posted:

discarded my rear end, things have looked suss around you ever since your super convenient claim, in the masonry we were mostly hoping to see more data pan out from you and Mithross to help make it easier to judge.

Oh, so I should blame CPig, then. That’s just great.

I’m talking about the scenario Gaspy set up of Mithross+Juchero vs Asiina, btw, which he was super confident in and has now dumped in favor of lynching me because you think Mithross is scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

Yes, the player screaming at you and TQ for D1-3, coming up with a now discarded scumteam set, and relying on a theory that posits that I’m scum contingent entirely on someone else being scum is being extremely smart.

For gently caress’s sake.

btw I don't think you got my joke

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

blame CPig for what? You getting the Counter materia? CPig didn't make you go claim it right away or do that flavor gotcha on Nat.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

GeneX posted:

I’m talking about the scenario Gaspy set up of Mithross+Juchero vs Asiina, btw, which he was super confident in and has now dumped in favor of lynching me because you think Mithross is scum.

It was Asiina+Juchero vs Mithross actually. And a lot happened today.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I've lost the plot a bit here. We're dunking Gene now because we think he and Mith are both scum but Mith is locked into watching the cop so we can dunk him tomorrow?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bifauxnen posted:

blame CPig for what? You getting the Counter materia? CPig didn't make you go claim it right away or do that flavor gotcha on Nat.

Oh, that? I thought you meant me learning that Mithross watched me just 3 hours ago because CPig didn’t send over any flavor.

Is that your entire case on me? I thought I found scum fake claiming and subsequently counterclaimed? That’s why you’re lynching me?

I mean, it’s not “Mithross is scum, let’s lynch GeneX!”, but it ain’t great.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IllegallySober posted:

I've lost the plot a bit here. We're dunking Gene now because we think he and Mith are both scum but Mith is locked into watching the cop so we can dunk him tomorrow?

pretty much.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

pretty much.

And we think Gene's scum because he chose to cop TQ who was a poor choice to cop? Or is there more to that case?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

IllegallySober posted:

And we think Gene's scum because he chose to cop TQ who was a poor choice to cop? Or is there more to that case?

We think Gene is scum because he's been a goddamn scumbo since D3 when he tried to Gotcha me and I stopped him. We just haven't lynched him because we're lazy and he's been saying things.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

Oh, that? I thought you meant me learning that Mithross watched me just 3 hours ago because CPig didn’t send over any flavor.

Is that your entire case on me? I thought I found scum fake claiming and subsequently counterclaimed? That’s why you’re lynching me?

I mean, it’s not “Mithross is scum, let’s lynch GeneX!”, but it ain’t great.

Your whole coming out to claim Counter that fast sounded dodgy to begin with. The way you jumped the hell on Nat for a claim you should've known better about didn't sound too great either. And you Miming him seemed like an odd choice too - if you really thought he was scum why not jail him instead of letting his evil scum kill go through?

Anyway, your having the Counter materia looks even more suss now that we've had the cop sit untouched for days. You're the one single person most likely to be unconcerned about that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IllegallySober posted:

that's just one other little bonus thing that sounds like it could hint at Gene being scum with Mithross.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

We think Gene is scum because he's been a goddamn scumbo since D3 when he tried to Gotcha me and I stopped him. We just haven't lynched him because we're lazy and he's been saying things.

while of course that part concerns you more, I think the whole LOOK AT ME I'M THE AWESOME INVINCIBLE JAILER thing was the scummiest thing on D3. Like he wanted to make sure he established the narrative of his townieness and also keep the other scum off him and just make himself basically untouchable.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Your whole coming out to claim Counter that fast sounded dodgy to begin with. The way you jumped the hell on Nat for a claim you should've known better about didn't sound too great either. And you Miming him seemed like an odd choice too - if you really thought he was scum why not jail him instead of letting his evil scum kill go through?

Anyway, your having the Counter materia looks even more suss now that we've had the cop sit untouched for days. You're the one single person most likely to be unconcerned about that.

Oh hell that didn’t even occur to me, why would Gene need to kill the cop?

If Mithross is also the godfather, that explains even more about the NKs.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

oh, okay, you think I’m scum because you can’t fathom that I might evaluate my actions differently than you do, because I hit “preview” once, and because you’re speculating wildly about why YPM isn’t dead

I wanted to catch Nat 20 in the act because a scumkill almost certainly isn’t an action I can mime, a vig is, and I’d rather catch scum than sit in complete befuddlement as I learn absolutely nothing from Nat 20’s lack of a kill. I have said this before. You got mad art me about this befire. It is still dumb.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Oh hell that didn’t even occur to me, why would Gene need to kill the cop?

If Mithross is also the godfather, that explains even more about the NKs.

I still think godfathers would be silly with 2 scum teams, but Mithross may just be banking on YPM looking elsewhere while he is the helpful mason watcher.

And AA could still be scum who was genuinely oblivious the whole time :v:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

while of course that part concerns you more, I think the whole LOOK AT ME I'M THE AWESOME INVINCIBLE JAILER thing was the scummiest thing on D3. Like he wanted to make sure he established the narrative of his townieness and also keep the other scum off him and just make himself basically untouchable.

It’s also once that narrative was established he basically stopped Geneposting and dropped off the map, everything since then has been about reinforcing The Bubble.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

It’s also once that narrative was established he basically stopped Geneposting and dropped off the map, everything since then has been about reinforcing The Bubble.

YES, this too I hadn't thought about that bit yet

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Asphyxious posted:

Oh good, meta arguments. I stopped effort posting because I was horrendously busy with work, and still goddamn am.

This one actually makes me angry.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I still think godfathers would be silly with 2 scum teams, but Mithross may just be banking on YPM looking elsewhere while he is the helpful mason watcher.

And AA could still be scum who was genuinely oblivious the whole time :v:

I feel like if AA is genuine he’s probably going to die tonight anyway.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Okay, I can see that argument. I think we're in very good shape to hit multiple scum the next couple of days. ##vote GeneX

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

I feel like if AA is genuine he’s probably going to die tonight anyway.

pffft I wish, if he's genuine he's gonna doc himself though :rolleyes:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

GeneX posted:

Oh good, meta arguments. I stopped effort posting because I was horrendously busy with work, and still goddamn am.

This one actually makes me angry.

gently caress off with this tired bullshit. The one casing meta’s is you.

Pointing out that you stopped casing people or putting any effort in is a basic loving read.

Don’t take a page out of KB’s whiny bloody playbook.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

pffft I wish, if he's genuine he's gonna doc himself though :rolleyes:

He’s claimed he can’t do that.

He can one shot doc himself other than that he’s a normal doc or sometime double doc.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

He’s claimed he can’t do that.

He can one shot doc himself other than that he’s a normal doc or sometime double doc.

well he hasn't claimed using that one shot doc on himself yet... arrrgh let's not get into it or I'll wanna vote him again

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Asphyxious posted:

gently caress off with this tired bullshit. The one casing meta’s is you.

Pointing out that you stopped casing people or putting any effort in is a basic loving read.

Don’t take a page out of KB’s whiny bloody playbook.

You started with “he stopped geneposting” which is meta as absolute gently caress

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lol my god

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Final Fantasy 7 as presented by CapitalistPig, Narrated by Bifauxnen and Asphyxious, guest guest-starring Max!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

goddamn I still do wanna vote AA though. I mean look at this:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Scum coordination eh? Maybe I was wrong all along about doccing you.

I doc YPM, he gets double killed. AA is a liar.

I doc YPM, scum target me. I die. AA was honest, wow! Too bad we lost doc.

I got 2 nights of self preservation, so I'll use those first. Scum will do w.e. and make their opportunity from openly discussed plans. Don't have to be a genius to figure that out.

what town doctor would want to stretch logic that far to excuse themselves premeditating their plans to not doctor a cop

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Final Fantasy 7 as presented by CapitalistPig, Narrated by Bifauxnen and Asphyxious, guest guest-starring Max!

You say this like this isn’t literally the best thing ever though.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also Barrier’s pretty self explanatory but can someone give me non-spoilery explanations for Final Attack and Black?

I figured Black was just like Black Magic but Bif seemed to think scum getting it was an incredibly bad idea.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Also Barrier’s pretty self explanatory but can someone give me non-spoilery explanations for Final Attack and Black?

I figured Black was just like Black Magic but Bif seemed to think scum getting it was an incredibly bad idea.

Final Attack would almost certainly give a Vengeful power.

as for the Black materia, it's not just a Black magic materia, it's THE BLACK MATERIA, which does, uh, bad poo poo. No idea at all what it would do in a Mafia context, but if I get first choice I'd even be tempted to pass up Vengeful to make sure it goes to town

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Final Attack would almost certainly give a Vengeful power.

as for the Black materia, it's not just a Black magic materia, it's THE BLACK MATERIA, which does, uh, bad poo poo. No idea at all what it would do in a Mafia context, but if I get first choice I'd even be tempted to pass up Vengeful to make sure it goes to town

Vengeful is what again?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Vengeful is what again?

when you get killed, you pick someone to die with you. It's what I shoulda properly called my power instead of "lynchbomb" back in the thunderdome with TOML. ;)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

when you get killed, you pick someone to die with you. It's what I shoulda properly called my power instead of "lynchbomb" back in the thunderdome with TOML. ;)

Oh THAT kind of Final. Hmm.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don’t like that reaction from Gene. I think Asiina is the better vote though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure how much I'll be paying attention come deadline.

Gene is at -2 and I can vote, but I don't want to end day early if people still want to talk.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Gene is at -2 and I can vote, but I don't want to end day early if people still want to talk.

not a whole lot of time left, if you're concerned about missing deadline just go for it imo

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Asiina posted:

Just end this garbage.

I expect contrition and self-evaluation from the aussie wondertwins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

even I think youre being way too melodramatic

• Locked thread