Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
yeh sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
confirming hoopz barkley

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Your Personal Muse posted:

##vote b-minus

Turbo

##vote YPM

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
okay who here has a dayvig

i'm making a scrapbook for you guys

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
who will be the first to die to the vij menace:ohdear:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
also tobbs, could you answer a quick q 4 me

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

thank u friend

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i am a chocobo

named hoopz barkley

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Little Mac posted:

Hey, I'm here for Jerry. This is bullshit

jerry was kind of a dick

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Little Mac posted:

Jerry and I go way back. We went mountain climbing together. You don't forget a man you went mountain climbing with.

he got really antisemitic when he was off the wagon though

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
kweh

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Truth Quark posted:

Get back in the pen!

wark

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I thought I had played final fantasy but turns out I was thinking of kings quest

you monster

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
one day I'll be in a mafia where no one talks about shine v

one day

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Shitposting.

Also seeing if I can catch some heat, I haven't been lynched D1 in ages and I'm starting to feel like you guys don't even like me anymore.

aww tobbs we still luv u

##vote tobbs

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I appreciate it, friend!

:3:

do you really wanna die on d1?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
are all mafia games this bizarre on day 1 these days

i can barely follow this poo poo

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Truth Quark posted:

What feels bizarre about it

i dunno none of it feels natural to me

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
why are we murdering tobbs?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
ypm you always seem kinda inherently scummy to me

also if we're done joking, tobbs doesn't need my love anymore

##unvote

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bifauxnen posted:

hmmm, while I was skimming and catching up on everything, and passed this post that had the live VF pic on it and wouldn't even be displaying the vote from that time anymore, somehow I still managed to stay aware that the count was exactly at 5 *snort* for somebody, but hmmmm who could be possibly be piling up all those votes, I cant even remember if this person is in the game, sheesh, better check the postcounts or something

ok yeah, that question mark DOES feel very manufactured

##vote Pod

see this is what I'm talking about, this is gibberish to me

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bifauxnen posted:

translation: Pod is hella faking that post. How could he read through the thread and keep track of exactly how many votes the leader had but not who the vote leader was, especially when it was me

that's more like it

i'll need to reread pod's case to see if that feels legit

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Juchero posted:

that's more like it

i'll need to reread pod's case to see if that feels legit

yeah no that reads as hella fake, as does the rest of the casing done in that post

i don't really follow the tithin case but this one feels like enough of a slip to go on right now

##vote Pod

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Podima posted:

Bif: You're hanging a heck of a lot on a single questionmark! I'll reread the you/TQ/Gaspy stuff later, I skimmed over chunks of it tbh. The questionmark was silly in retrospect since obviously the votes were on you. What do you think of the rest of my post besides that segment? I addressed multiple people in it.

That being said I don't like Juchero coming in here like he has, what do you think of that? I don't buy that his interactions with you and my post are sincere.

that post's scattershot method doesn't make any of the cases in your post particularly believable, it reads like an overdressed lumpenlist

and i think that question mark was an attempt to inject some levity to the case, while also creating an opportunity for deniability

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
also i came in here at this time because i just woke the gently caress up jeeze

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Tired Moritz posted:

mmmm

lets kill a lurker

sounds good, which one

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

cmon let's get crackin which one TM

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Tired Moritz posted:

ok lets kill CL

##BLAST Chaoslord

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
because

it was fun

and also I hate lurkers

plus someone else suggested we kill lurkers and it never leads to a lynch anymore, which annoys me

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

GulagDolls posted:

known lurker 'chaoslord.'

sure looked like they were lurking tho

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

GulagDolls posted:

its far too early in the game to tell whether someone is lurking. he last post was one day ago and he mentione dhe was sick you bastard!!!

tru again

unfortunately i didn't pick the target

now i feel a little bad

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Natural 20 posted:

Once I would have been tempted to let something like this go as just someone doing something silly d1.

You need to explain why exactly you chose your, in more detail than "they were lurking"

well, i mean tired mortiz suggested killing a lurker

i asked them which lurker and provided a handy list

then they picked chaoslord, not knowing what they were choosing

then i typed out a dayvig

as to why, day 1 was getting really boring and i thought this might inspire some activity

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

flerp posted:

why not choose a lurker yourself?

wouldn't be as fun

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, why just blindly listen to Tired, if you'd waited for a bit more debate or something I'd have recommended Nevergirls instead, for lurking AND showing up to say they just want to vote for some of the most active posters :v: (one of whom is the towniest town, even!)

shrug

that would have been a good choice

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Since you blew your load, who are you?

barrett

i had a dayvig

town

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Truth Quark posted:

To follow up on this, now that Pod chat is coming up, I generally don't like the Quidnose-style mass catch up on the thread. This where you just read things and immediately post reactions you have to certain things as they come up, instead of finishing a read and then posting something. This is what Pod did when he came back.

That said, even though I personally don't like it, I still consider it a null-tell as it is used both by scum players to get their "thoughts" out there while avoiding committing to hard, and by town players that may have limited time to catch up and get some thoughts out there for the thread.

The point where it becomes useful to us is that a scum player will often do this and then not follow up on it at all (ie pursuing questions they had and prodding people). A town player who is genuinely scum hunting will want to pursue things they thought up. I think Pod is doing the former, as he didn't follow up on any questions or thoughts he posed in his re-read.

tl;dr I think I agree that Pod is scum.

I would also vote Nevergirls tbh, for the reasons pointed out by Bif. I might even prefer this vote as even a scum Pod will keep posting things we can analyze later, whereas lurking scum will not.

##vote NGO

i want to agree with this because ngo is a good lurker lynch, but I'm also wary that this might be an attempt to divert votes from a scum pod

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i still think pod is the smart vote here, but i'm willing to switch to NGO to ensure a lurker lynch

either way is fine with me

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
##vote NGO

since the vote has shifted so much, this seems like my favorite option for a lunch today, and a second dead lurker might get the remainder to start participating

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
"post as I catch up" casing is the worst pod

just the absolute worst

to answer your question, I thought it would be more fun for someone to pick my target without knowing what they were actually committing to

and it was

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Podima posted:

At the time Juchero fired, I certainly wasn't participating so I still don't think this parses, and I think his attempts to distance himself from shooting a townie end up leaving him looking all the worse for it.

i mean you might see it as distancing, but I take full responsibility for shooting a lurker in the face, even if they were town

also I even claimed on multiple occasions that the only reason I did it besides lurker hate is that it seemed like it would be fun

y'know, fun, the thing we should all ostensibly be having while playing mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
would still rather kill another lurker but I'm warming to a lmac lunching

• Locked thread