Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Yea ok you jerk.

Posting a new game when Monster Hunter just came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Dibs on 3p THE PLANET.

I just spend all game charging Holy.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

unconfirming doom house

confirming... other stuff

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

GeneX posted:

Like gilgamesh, I prefer to believe they are all the same, immortal, character(s) in each game

The "origin" of Gilgamesh they finally included in type-0 was weird. I wish they'd just left him a weird mystery.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

The "origin" of Gilgamesh they finally included in type-0 was weird. I wish they'd just left him a mystery.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Your Personal Muse posted:

Lol just lol if you use your brain in mafia

^

Truth Quark posted:

##vote Bif quick before she succumbs to madness

...before? Did you even read the Texan thread?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm here now. Gonna catch up. Who dem scums be?

I can't take it anymore, your masterful investigation skills have unmasked me.

It's me, I'm scu....

Oh ho, you won't catch me that easy. I'm super town

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

This is marginally more playful than your average day one Tithin, you’re on watch mister.

When’s this minigame start and how hosed am I for only ever phoneposting?

We need a corpse to play the minigame with.

Can't have a minigame without corpses.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Haha, I’m playing it on iphone

Scum found.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok, so I clearly caught up at an opportune time.

I want to read something into that dayvig (VIG damnit!) but stupid d1 vigs are such a null tell. I wish they weren't but it's the nature of the beast. Give someone a dayvig and they will shoot town d1. (Favorite reasoning someone gave for doing so: "I single handedly cleared birdstrike as town!")

I can see why people got suspicious of TQ, but am not interested in voting for them currently.

I agree to a point with where bif is going on the Podima case.

CapitalistPig posted:

Anomalous Amalgam replaces Pmush!

whelp

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

I agree to a point with where bif is going on the Podima case I don't know that it's worth a lunch yet but it's worth a reread

I previewed and didn't finish my thought.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

I agree with this, I think it’s bad/dumb town play not a scum bid.

I agree that it's probably too attention grabbing for a scum d1 play. I'm going to treat it as slightly town/basically null, though.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

My work schedule got messed up, I had to actually show up in the am my time, sneaking a post out on the line. I'll be off at least an hour before deadline, hopefully two though, so it isn't all bad.

I would be happy with an ngo lurker vote, am still pretty suspicious of pod.

GeneX posted:

Okay Bif you seem to get Gaspy, how is he reading any motives at all into NGO making 6 fluffposts

What am I missing here

I am here myself

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok, I'm here and got caught up. I'll be here through deadline, so I can vote to make sure we don't nl.

I'm gonna read over DB, even though at this point it's probably him or nothing.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Truth Quark posted:

I don't think a flavor breadcrumb means dick all at this point.

For people new to CPig's FF series:

He is very meticulous about giving scum safe fake flavor claims, including main party characters. No flavor claim is safe, even if it's uncountered.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I feel like we're good, but I'll give it a few minutes to be sure.

I've got a vote queued up and ready to post.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Juchero posted:

there is only one perfidious lurker left

let's see if we can make them dance a little

##vote mithross

I don't dance, sorry. I have no rhythm.

Ok that's not true I do dance but only samba

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Juchero posted:

good, you're here

why so few posts, mithross

you got something to hide?

my ridiculous work schedule?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Having been scum in a couple of the ff games, if the teams weren't told about each other directly they probably at least had enough information to guess, if only by how many people there are in the doc. So it's likely even day 1 they were able to really case.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asiina posted:

Honestly getting two ninjas and getting their wincons in the flips was a massive success because there really can't be the confusion on whether one is a scumteam and the other is just a harmless 3P team. There's really no other explanation other than two scum teams.

Especially after the esper team in ff6

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

“Harmless 3P team”

In the last FF game there was a completely pro-town 3p faction, their abilities couldn't even hurt town, only scum. But their flips didn't include a wincon.

Juchero posted:

good enough for me

##unvote

any thoughts on our flips?

I'm a little surprised that tithin was killed, they don't seem like an obvious choice to me. I really wish we knew if the ninjas killed each other. As far as flavor, Rude shouldn't have shot someone to death, but I guess maybe the flavor is just that because it's easier? I might be reading too much into that but CPig is usually pretty careful with his flavor.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I'm still treating the d1 vig as a null tell. I'm not saying it was a pro-town move (it wasn't at all) but even I have seen so many d1 dayvigs of town by town to not instantly treat it as scum.

If you give a goon a dayvig, he will use it d1, probably at complete random. This is just a fact of life.

I'm concerned about Moat, his case doesn't feel like it evolved naturally. He claimed to be behind on the thread as he posted it, but then didn't change anything as he caught up. He just disregarded the new information and said he saw the answers to his question and didn't buy it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

On other posters:

I like GeneX last couple posts and his summary case/posts. I also generally agree with his reads thus far, except for...

Nat20 is going a bit paranoid. Given his fairly successful scum game, and the fact that scum can real case in this game, this actually makes me feel better about him. I'm leaning town on him, but not super strongly.

Juchero I don't have a strong read on one way or the other, even with the dayvig.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Last game I was in had most of its dayvigs not used day one, the only one who did was scum.

That's a fair point, I guess unicorns are real.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asiina posted:

I feel largely unable to decipher what AA is even talking about. Is that just me?

I'm not sure where he's coming from at all on GeneX. He just says he thinks he's scum.
I'm also just not really sure where he's coming from in general.

I would prefer to ##vote Moat over b-minus, at least for today.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

where the hell has Hal disappeared to?

Reading back, this is also a good question.

He hasn't even checked in today.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Little Mac posted:

he said he was going to protect someone. Sounds like he's just trying to draw scum and he's probably vanilla. It's a distraction.

He didn't say he was going to protect someone though. He said if they were town they'd live through the night. This does not imply protection at all to me.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Ok YPM, I can see LM too now.

Same

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Hey I want you dead too. Rude.

I see what you did there.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Does anyone cc B-'s flavor claim?

I mentioned this before, but it bears repeating:
CPig is very careful to provide fake claims to scum in this games, including at least one or two main characters. We won't get a cc unless a scum messes up very badly or is running a gambit.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

I mentioned this before, but it bears repeating:
CPig is very careful to provide fake claims to scum in these games, including at least one or two main characters. We won't get a cc unless a scum messes up very badly or is running a gambit.
Mafia edit

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

I’m not sold on Bif’s read on me, her content is town bif but like Tithin her tone is well off from normal so I’m going to be watching her a bit.

Asphyxious posted:

It’s because of posts like this, that seek more like you’re running a narrative about me rather than engaging with me. During day one I had this niggle in the back of my mind “is Bif fake-casing me?” and every interaction I’ve had with you since has just built on that and built on that. Fact is, linguistically you’re coming across town but the content in regards to me is well off and I haven’t worked out yet why.

Asphyxious posted:

It’s alnost if, as I just mentioned, your tone and content changed over the course of the days especially with regards to me.

These don't line up quite right still. First, if you thought her content was town originally you shouldn't have started with the theory that she was fake casing you. And second, in this game scum have no need to fake case (although I admit you wouldn't have known that day 1 if you are town)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

GeneX posted:

I suggest you revote me if you were doing so prior, me calling in CPig from the heavens was just a game integrity thing

I don't like mod moves mattering midday, or, the 4m
I mean, in this particular instance it was "Is GeneX caught in a lie or not, based on mod given information?"
It would be similar to you saying you didn't do something somebody got a night result catching you doing, and the mod fixing that result.
It does matter and affect the game.

It doesn't clear you but several votes were for catching you in a lie that now isn't.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Looking back over the thread.

I'm am pretty sure we have a scum Asiina this game.

Actually very sure. ##vote Asiina

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

KB is sephiroth, Bif is hojo. Their interactions over the last two days smack of people talking outside of the thread and the evidence is mounting fast. I get it, everyone loves them and will listen to them and I’m pissing into the wind, but that’s exactly what’s happening here.

It's funny you say that since that was literally the case in the CPig FF game immediately before this one.
I'm not saying CPig wouldn't steal ideas from his own games, but I don't think he'd do it twice in a row, with the exact same people randomly rolling into those rolls again.
And if he did I'm gonna be sad.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

THANK loving GOD FOR GAMBLERS FALLACY BEING AN INTELLIGENT THING TO RELY ON.

Yes, that's a thing I'm relying on.
Also it's not gambler's fallacy if I said I didn't think he'd use the roles twice in a row.
That's an appraisal of CPig as a mod.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Asiina would also be worthless so bravo.

I mean this is kinda true. I'm pretty drat sure asiina is scum, but that flip would tell us nothing.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

GeneX posted:

Why? What am I missing about Asiina?

It's partly meta, she has been exceptionally quiet. But even ignoring that her post history is pretty terrible. She's made relatively few alignment calls, she did vote two scum, but she voted tithin early and db only when it was foregone, and she could still be on the other scum team.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I like the tired case and would be happy voting there. I also still think Asiina is scum. Either is a good vote for a better tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Oh yeah I even got pissed about that! gently caress that’s hilarious, I was re-reading Hal and being like hmmm this guy seems super dodgy. With that in mind I might have to rethink my take on Juchero as I probably would have shot Hal too.

Asphyxious posted:

Hello I’m awake now! Yeah it was dumb but I see how it happened, I was going back and reading the whole thread from the beginning (while basically asleep) and the deaths that stuck with me as important were Tithin, DB, gulag, pod, bminus and moat. People who were scum, and town players that got heavily cased as scum. With that mindset I went over it with a fine tooth comb looking for something I might have missed, and in the process completely forgot Hal had been killed because, as I was so annoyed by at the time, his death didn’t mean anything. There’s no data or strong opinions, just lurking and shadethrowing.

What I do take from this though is because on a reread Hal did look on the scummy side of lurking, my impressions about Juchero are probably wrong, as I mentioned before. I still hate vigs being used on lurkers, I’d personally use one late in the game to try to nail scum, and “I guess Juchero is probably not scummy” isn’t a reasonable trade for another whole town life.

Asphyxious posted:

It is a real response, if you actually read it. Hal being shot pissed me off for the same reason all lurker kills piss me off; you get no loving data from them. And there is no way in hell I’d ever call it a good vig, I said it looks like it was done for town reasons but it’s still a poo poo vig.

As much as I love repeating myself endlessly, do you have a reason for jumping in with a comment that makes it obvious you didn’t actually read what I’d said?

Collected in one post for posterity.

• Locked thread