Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I did the bolding, clearly.. I forgot to say so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Asiina posted:

Best FF character is Yoshi.

I think you'll find it is that guy in the green tunic. You know, Zelda.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Having caught up, on today's KB talk:

I can see the case for KB being an SK, and even think it's somewhat likely (like 50/50? I'm not sold on it completely but I think it's quite possible)
However even if he is, I'm not interested in lunching him today. He's on record saying he's out of kills, we know what his kill flavor should be, and we can be alert for future abnormalities. If we reach a point where he would be in shooting(stabbing) distance of an SK win, we can reevaluate then, but for now even if he is an SK he's a mostly defanged one. Probably. Unless he has a host of other neat powers.

Still not interested in voting KB currently.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I'd vote NGO today, they haven't even had very good thread check ins when they do show up. Their posts feel very much like my non-existent scum game, where I try and check in and still can't find anything actually insightful to say. The only real point they've come up with is thinking flerp is tunneling too much.

Still think KB is probably 3P, still not currently interested in voting him today but I would if it comes to that.

I still think we're looking at scum Asiina.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I know this is going to sound silly, because we're goons, but a deadline on Valentine's day is pretty terrible. I basically won't be able to check the thread again after I got to bed in a couple hours until midnight or so PST.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asiina posted:

Story of my life.

KB's meltdown feels very real and also he's definitely not someone who would fake emotions. Still maybe 3P but I'm fine with him.

This is pretty close to how I feel about KB right now. I 100% believe he was really upset and wasn't faking his emotions, but that doesn't sell him to me as town. Still think we can find a better cuddle today.

I would still vote NGO. In fact ##vote NGO as a safe bet in case I don't manage another check in, since Asiina doesn't seem to have traction today.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I took a look over IS, as someone who seems to be pretty successfully blending in to the game. I don't see a lot of mentions either way, which generally makes me nervous.

IS has only dropped three vote outside joke phase, late d1 on NGO, a vote on Moat d2 (fairly early on, he was voter 5 at the time), and a vote on TM, fairly close to deadline. This last vote is kinda odd, he said "Let's see what happens" which is a phrase I usually associate with someone trying to move the thread in a new direction, but he was vote 6 of 9 on TM. It's not a major thing, but it stands out as I reread.

Today he's mostly stuck to prodding Gene a little and KB a moderate amount.

I will say that I find his early game tone to be fairly town, but it reads a bit more neutral to me now.

I'm not completely sold on IS being scum, but I am definitely going to keep an eye on him going forward, because he's either playing a slightly weak town game, or a very solid lurky/blending in scum game.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Finally, just so I can feel 100% right for once in a mafia game, I'm going to case someone completely unexpected. Gulagdolls.

I am completely sure gulag is scum. Their d1 was weird and lurky, but most importantly, I caught gulag in a scum slip:

CapitalistPig posted:

Gulagdolls - Rude - Turks aligned Ninja was shot and stabbed on Night 1!

they let CPig modconfirm them as scum.

Slam dunk case.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Two, there’s no deadline today so it’s a good opportunity to do some solid casing. I’m thinking at least lumpenlists from every player would be useful.

Max posted:

It is now Day 5. Deadline is Saturday, February 17th at 11PM EST.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Well that was sure a thing to wake up to.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I am nervous about KB's flip. The opening line of flavor, the black materia dropping, and KB flipping as SK aligned murderer, all add up to a nervous Mithross.

I think bad things might be happening.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Bad things happening was 2 town dying, why is KB’s flip the thing that worries you?

because I'm afraid the planet is about to be destroyed, which is worse than that

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Man, the day has been slow (and I have been checked out more than usual, yes) then in my sleep we get 172 posts about how I'm scum.

Bif has posted all of my claim at this point, but yes, I am chocobo billy, watcher and mason.

I've been watching the claimed cop because that is what one does, and also because my mason buddies have continued to recommend that I do so.

I can't imagine a world where I, as a scum, passively watch the cop and let them live for several nights of no protective visitors, without either coming up with fake results or even just saying I thought watching AA would be smarter or something. Why would I just let the cop hang out alive?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Because you’re stuck watching the cop, the ninjas are dead, and you’d have to come up with answer for who visited the cop that could be instantly rebuffed. You’re trapped, same as Gene. Hence all the kills drying up.

"Hey guys, are you sure I should watch the cop? They've been completely ignored and AA softclaimed doc, maybe I should go there tonight"

Look, I wasn't stuck or trapped. That's such a simple answer. But I stuck with the cop.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Also, the only way the kills dry up if I'm scum trapped watching a certain target is if I'm also the lone scum on my team, so I guess you think I'm shinra? Because otherwise my turk bro just works around me and my mason knowledge.

But I see you think in scum with gene? I'm not sure why that stops nks

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

It stopped NK’s while you had to sort your poo poo out but I guess you felt comfortable last night. Gene was also trapped because he had to pretend to be a cop :v:

I don't mind that you think I'm scum, but this theory hinges on me being scum and stupid about it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Where’s the evidence that scum are playing cleverly here.

well, we haven't caught any of them in days, and you're here casing town.

So they're doing ok I guess.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I was right, the black materia was bad news!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

well, not nearly as bad news as I feared if all it did was turn a scum into a different scum

Yea, I'm glad scum got it.

It looks flavor wise like he was killed by a Turk. I was watching someone last night, who had another visitor. If we work off the theory that scum teams are equal sized that clears two of us. If we think the Turks may be a larger team it does nothing.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

You are a Shinra aligned Godfather and win when Shinra controls the vote.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

Well what we do know is that scum have been entirely unwilling to touch Asiina all game.

If you think she's town as I do then she's a decent buffer to have. It's going to be tough for scum to manipulate her vote the way they want with so few players left in the game.

I'd want to read up on IS.

I really am not sure what you're trying to say.

Scum have been unwilling to target asiina because either a)she's scum or b)she's an easy mislynch to push.

And if she isn't scum of course we should keep her around. But I'm not sure what you mean by her vote is hard to manipulate. Because she isn't playing much?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

It's this: Asiina has basically said "I'm just going to vote with what the majority thinks because I'm exhausted with the game" or at least something to that effect. A larger scum team would find it easier to manipulate this since they can work together to sound like they're forming a consensus. But if what we suspect, which is that there is only a single member of the Turks left, is true, then owing to their proportionately smaller influence on the vote, it'll be harder to manipulate Asiina.

Ok, that's more clear, thank you.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

But I didn't.

But I did watch you.

I was your only visitor by the way. You need better snacks clearly.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

AA, if you are narrowing it down to bif and nat20, keep in mind nat20 lied today.

We have multiple people report that my watch gives flavor, he came out today casing me and claiming he got no flavor, in what i assume is an attempt to frame me for the nk.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Also the masonry still exists. As the son of Chocobo Bill, I carry on his legacy.

(Not as a recruiter. It will survive my death too, I just wanted to make that joke)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

We've had no evidence of any sort of redirection so far this game, and my results mention you by name, not a generic your target. The most likely explanation is you are lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Sorry, got a new phone and had to wait for Wi-Fi to install the app, so I haven't been able to check the forums at all today.

##vote natural 20

• Locked thread