Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

How can you have a wandering samurai game without a legendary mercenary? I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am vig. Why shouldn't I kill Moat tomorrow morning? I'm just playing, I'm actually the watcher, but please, entertain my question.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Vig Moat doesn't rhyme

It can, with the right accent.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The correct answer for why I shouldn't murder moat is because he is my friend, smh smh.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

LupusAter posted:

Moat and Keane confirmed for scumbuddies.

It's true for at least one game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I refuse to say hello to Ecco!

Greetings, Ecco.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

Rude.

Also I’m v good at mafia so would NOT recommend that:

Who cares about GTA knockoffs?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

it's apparently a standard announcement coming from Old England.

this is a good point.

I disagree, I think it's a fake point.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

Actually TT has pinged me a couple of times now.

##vote Tolly Totes

First time player. I'm more suspicious of ecco for agreeing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tolly Totes posted:

Look at the context in which it was said, it was just after Merk was accused of being overly self conscious, and the first thing he returns with an overly casual and sarcastic response. That's how I see it anyway, not a whole lot to go off of obviously.

Nah, you can talk to me directly if you want to disagree. I'd much prefer that than being dismissed to set up an argument with some other player.

That's very unfortunate, because I am going to dismiss you while being suspicious of ecco. Agreeing with a faulty case is different from making one, and it is entirely possible to be ambivalent toward one player while suspicious of another because of it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tolly Totes posted:

Explain why you disagree then? You called it fake, not faulty.

I did, that element largely directed at Ecco.

The point comes from a flawed premise that interactions in a life game, where providing immediate and conceivable reactions to cases and statements are tantamount, are equivalent to a play by post game where there is no such need. Merk doesn't need to disguise motive, and can take as long as he wants to respond, so disguising truth in sarcasm is unlikely to be a tactic. Additionally, merk as a player, and as a player ecco has played with before, is not inclined to act in that way.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DB is scum......

of my heart. Happy Valentine's day.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tolly Totes posted:

It certainly didn't sound like that! You said it was a fake point, not a fake agreement. I know this is a nitpick, but your insistence that Ecco comes off worse than I do is puzzling, especially since the original objection really seems to be about the point itself as opposed to the agreement.

The game is the same. You have more control over what you say, sure, but doesn't that make your choices more important? Disguising motive or figuring out if people are disguising motive is the whole game.

I went back and checked, Merk responded within 10 minutes of the post they responded to, presumably as soon as they saw it. It was an immediate reaction and I think it looks defensive, especially because Merk was just accused of being overly self conscious.

I suppose I don't know the players in question, it's true.

Okay.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

I've literally never been more serious about anything in my life.

Can confirm.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I got you, friends.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

well agree to disagree then because it seems pretty reasonable. I'd buy it.

you're overstating my stance.

sarcastically saying "you got me, I'm scum" is definitely something a scum player would say, though, so

this is a little, overly defensive.

good job tolly totes 🎉

I've made like one post.

Do you think it's something merk would do?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Merk is merking into the thread, clad only in a meeting and yelling merk merk at the top of his lungs imo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I don't feel MMT, except that she hasn't called me scummy yet, which is suspicious.

I'd like ecco, I can see the vote on Lupus and I'd support it to avoid a nl. I don't think I'd vote merk.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

keane thinks a meta point about merk overrides merk doing a sarcastic comment that's a little suss, forgetting that I haven't played mafia or even thought about mafia in months. it's weird but I thought it was just attempting to squeeze out of jokephase.

Yeah basically this, except I disagree with the comment being suss in the first place.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

I'm actually not liking Keane's content but I'm still feeling how hard I got burned after Shine, but this is different from his Shine game and closer to Christmas and what little I saw (haha, whoops) of TWEWY Mafia. Kean's throwing out reads to appear re-engaged but not really going hard after people.

That's where my read stands, anyway. If anyone with a little more Keane-meta wants to read that for me please do.

Jeez Mona, I can't believe you're going after mod confirmed town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

Don't do this to me Keane, don't break my heart.

Max, the mod of this game, told me I was town. Doesn't get more mod confirmed than that, imo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

people are pushing for moat, and also this is a really bad reason not to vote for someone who is scummy.

maybe you shouldn't have made me a shinobi then, maximus.

I am sad you beat me to a literal ninja joke. :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

To be fair, MMT, you're a very serious person.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

LupusAter posted:

It's mostly because it reads like accusing someone for the sake of accusing someone, and using a weak motive as a cover. I'm not saying I think town would always be cautious in accusing someone d1, I'm saying that I think town would be cautious of accusing someone d1 in that exact situation.

Eh, I disagree with this. I know I just throw poo poo out day one to see what sticks, it moves the game forward.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

LET'S VOTE ECCO

##vote Ecco

Case: merk makes a gut read.

I'm with ya, friendo.

Sorry Ecco. ##vote: Ecco

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

it's apparently a standard announcement coming from Old England.

this is a good point.

This is an agreement with a point that is questionable at best, and may be indicative of attempting to buddy to a new player.

EccoRaven posted:

you're overstating my stance.

sarcastically saying "you got me, I'm scum" is definitely something a scum player would say, though, so

This is a weird thing to say, because Ecco is simulataneously saying that I am overstating Ecco's stance by saying Ecco agrees with Tolly, and then also saying it is a good point that Ecco agrees with. These two lines don't really work together.

EccoRaven posted:

I'm fine with my vote on mmt. I think mmt is a vote that can happen, so I'm not particularly motivated to change it. I think her reaction to Moat's posts were a little ridiculous and I've gotten a weird vibe from her early-day posts.

you guys caught me though. my comment to Tolly Totes was because I agreed with the point, but I also wanted to throw a bone to a new player who made a nice point. sue me for being encouraging!

I'll be out for the deadline - dinner and a movie with a special someone - but I'll be around this afternoon.

This both reinforces that Ecco agree agrees with the post, but also had an underlying motive, however I think Ecco is concealing the actual intent here.

It's not the strongest case, no, few day one cases would be, but this is my thought. I do think Ecco is the most likely to be scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tolly Totes posted:

I see, the case is “tolly is dumb but I don’t want to go at her directly”

This is not the case, no.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I got a bad feeling about Xad.

Wouldn't disagree with you there.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Are you upset that merk had two opinions at once or

Opinions are like assholes, PMom.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

I actually have to eat crow here and change my own vote to ##vote Ecco - after seeing the actual case put out with much less of a focus on Ecco's ~~meta~~ it does seem a little weirder than I'd expect, and something about the 'x and y are scum later losers i won't be here for deadline' sticks in my craw the more I read it.

Oy this hits me real bad.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

I actually have to eat crow here and change my own vote to ##vote Ecco - after seeing the actual case put out with much less of a focus on Ecco's ~~meta~~ it does seem a little weirder than I'd expect, and something about the 'x and y are scum later losers i won't be here for deadline' sticks in my craw the more I read it.

Yeah, this feels worse the more I think about it. It don't seem right.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

What's bothering you about it?

I think it's that it feels overly apologetic, explains the vote, but also seems to link it to other posters? I can't really say exactly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Do you think it's scum moving his vote from scum to town? You are currently voting Ecco, so does this want to make you change your vote?

I'm thinking.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Not on to Merk or MMT.

If we can get a vote onto Mona that'd be rad, I think.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I don't think that's possible and I don't think I'd be down for it.

If we moved the vote off one of Ecco/merk/MMT, I'd prefer to flip either Xad or Dicky B. Possibly Opop even though he is likely to get put on notice after today.

I'm okay with Xad. I'd rather not DB, but I'd do it to avoid a no execution.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Votecount for Day 1

EccoRaven (5): Dick Bastardly, merk, Dick Bastardly, merk, Murmur Twin, merk, CCKeane, Monathin, Asphyxious
merk (4): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tolly Totes, Tobbs Gnawed, Pinterest Mom, Monathin, Xad, Monathin
Murmur Twin (4): Monathin, TMMadman, EccoRaven, got some chores tonight, Tobbs Gnawed, Monathin, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed, LupusAter, Moatillata, merk, merk
Moatillata (0): TMMadman, Tolly Totes, TMMadman, LupusAter, Murmur Twin, LupusAter, Tolly Totes, Xad, Murmur Twin, Xad
Tolly Totes (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Asphyxious, Asphyxious
Retro Futurist (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
LupusAter (0): Moatillata, Moatillata, merk, merk, merk, merk
Dick Bastardly (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Xad, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Xad
Pinterest Mom (0): got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight
got some chores tonight (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
CCKeane (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (3): Dick Bastardly, Retro Futurist, TMMadman

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 15th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 17 minutes.

I'm curious if people can answer this question: If Ecco/merk/MMT were to flip town, which person currently voting them is scum? While there might be more than one scum (or possibly none) on one of those people, I'm just asking for one name from each vote leaders train.

Mona, Xad, Ecco, IMO.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Keane, what do you think about Tobbs here?

I mean, it'd be nice if Ecco could be around for the deadline, but she did mention she'd be out earlier this afternoon. And I don't really think what Ecco did qualifies as dropping by to peace out.

I also don't like it and I'm really debating moving my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Do you think that all three of the current vote leaders could be town?

I don't think Merk or MMT are scum atm. Ecco is possible but I'm uncomfortable with how the vote shifting happened.

So yes, it's possible.

• Locked thread