Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Welp, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Hello! Don't fall for Keane's honeyed words, they belie a great deceiver.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

CCKeane posted:

The correct answer for why I shouldn't murder moat is because he is my friend, smh smh.

Moat and Keane confirmed for scumbuddies.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Moatillata posted:

##vote lupus

Post more this game

##vote moat

Is this a good start?

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

I'm receiving conflicting messages. I'm confused.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

## unvote
There's something I don't like about the interactions between Moat and MMT, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

I am leaning towards town for Moat, having just played a game where he was scum and was a lot less active D1. MMT feels weirdly overeager, but could be their general play style.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

merk posted:

Makes no reads that matter. This is content that isn't really content, but it sure looks like content.

##vote Lupus

I wrote my train of thought at the moment, and since I don't like presenting things I aren't sure about as gospel truth, I made my doubts clear. I get scummy vibes from MMT, but that's mostly because I feel that town would be more cautious in accusing D1 on the basis of reacting to a joke. I also think you're latching to the first thing that could sound like a case and hoping it'll start a train, but that might be the OMGUS talking.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

I think MMT is the one who acted the scummiest between the people who actually posted. But since that amounts to only kinda scummy, probably at least one lurker is scum. On the other hand, better to act based on at least some evidence, even if it is kinda flimsy.
##vote MMT

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

This is day one. Every vote has flimsy at best reasoning behind it. Also, I don't want to lie and say I'm totally sure about things I'm not sure about. I'd be fine with a MMT lunch, but circumstances may change once we get more material to think about.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

Why would town be cautious in accusing anyone of being scum d1? :crossarms:

Like yeah, I'll be the first to admit that my vote on Moat was more to gauge reactions than out of a certainty that he's scum - but what's scummy about that?

It's mostly because it reads like accusing someone for the sake of accusing someone, and using a weak motive as a cover. I'm not saying I think town would always be cautious in accusing someone d1, I'm saying that I think town would be cautious of accusing someone d1 in that exact situation.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

merk posted:

Hey, can you answer my question?

I explained my reasoning. Sorry I didn't acknowledge your leading question while doing it.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Ok, here's the matter. It's 1.40 AM here, so I won't be up until deadline. Of the three voteleaders, I stand behind MMT sounding the most scummy to me, then Ecco. merk feels like overaggressive town, and his insistence in getting somebody lunched reinforces that for me.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Moving my vote to avoid a no-hang, but after this post I'm off to bed.

##vote Ecco

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Also, despite mislynching Ecco yesterday, I think we had a very good day. I have to wait until I'm home to really go through it but I feel like there is a lot of usable info with how the votes ended up moving.

I think there is likely to be a scum in those three votes right after Monathin: Tobbs/Ashpyxious/Lupus. It's also possible that Moanthin is scum but I'm thinking that the Keane death was trying to set up Mona as the next target.

I switched when I did because I wanted to avoid a no hang and I wouldn't be around at deadline.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Sorry for not posting, had a busy Saturday. Rereading the thread, I would be OK with a MMT lunch, she hasn't done anything that made me really change my read on her. I actually like Moat's dedition to getting her hanged, feel like scum would be either more opportunistic with their targets or less obvious when bussing a buddy, Moat strikes me as town convinced of being right.
I also like Tobbs's casing of merk, and agree that his play is looking suspicious.
I won't vote right now, there's still a lot of time before deadline, but I'll vote MMT unless things radically change.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

LupusAter posted:

Sorry for not posting, had a busy Saturday. Rereading the thread, I would be OK with a MMT lunch, she hasn't done anything that made me really change my read on her. I actually like Moat's dedition to getting her hanged, feel like scum would be either more opportunistic with their targets or less obvious when bussing a buddy, Moat strikes me as town convinced of being right.
I also like Tolly's casing of merk, and agree that his play is looking suspicious.
I won't vote right now, there's still a lot of time before deadline, but I'll vote MMT unless things radically change.

Mafia edit 'cause I actively suck at names

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Might as well. It's been sitting at -2 for a lot of time, I think it reinforces it being a correct vote, you figure scum would've bussed it earlier. ##vote MMT

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

I really don't like merk this game. He's been weird and strangely quick to admit mistakes. He's also lurkng quite a bit, which hey, could've been a busy weekend, but announcing his absence feels like it crosses the line, especially with the condition he put. I think I'll trust my read and ##vote merk

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Monathin posted:

Here is Moat's cop breadcrumb, btw.

Welp, you're right. For those who don't know what we're talking about : in TWEWY mafia merk (correctly) made a big deal of a cop using that emote as a role breadcrumb and used it to push a case.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

##unvote in the interest of avoiding early hammer.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

merk posted:

Yakuza (Town) Doctor

Night 1: Unsuccessfully targeted TMM
Night 2: Successfully targeted TMM

I don't have anything else to say. The "loving idiot" thing completely checked me out of this game. I don't play mafia to get personally attacked as an alternative to actual discussion.

Good luck, town.

Nope, calling bullshit. If you successfully targeted TMM it means that we would have had four nightkills. I get that the arsonist and poisoner need setup, but that feels like too big of a swing. Also means that one of those two nightkills got prevented N1, which runs contrary to your claim.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Monathin posted:

Lupus, considering your reaction to me revealing the breadcrumb when it was directed at you: did you think Moat was softclaiming cop at the time? If so, it sure doesn't show in your posts, which seems suspicious to me, given that scum definitely caught on to the fact Moat was cop.

No, I only noticed the emote when it was pointed out. And I'll admit that I thought that a successful doctoring meant stopping a kill, so all of that train of thought is worthless. I still don't like merk's play this game.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

merk posted:

I think Lupus is town. That's the only other read I have.

I really don't like this. This is an abrupt and unexplained change of opinion, and it's not like you're the only one saying I'm scum. Care to explain your reasoning?

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

At this point in time the scummy claimed town doctor is being voted for by 3 people that I think are the other scummiest people in the thread.

Not exactly a confident vote.

Let me get this straight, you think Merk is scum and they are bussing him early to gain cred? I think that with him being at -2 and claiming doctor, there's no way they don't do everything they can to hammer him if he's not scum, it gets us mighty close to lylo if that's the case.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Hm. Of the two voteleaders, I feel like merk is more scummy than Xad. He felt kinda wrong all game, and him having claimed doctor isn't enough for me to shake that feeling off. Again, deadline is at 4 AM for me, so I'll vote in around an hour when I go to bed.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Like if there were 0 votes on anyone right now, who would you vote?

0 votes? Still merk, he's been too weird and aggressive, especially D1 which also seems to fit poorly with him being the doctor, you'd figure he'd be more conservative with his play. I'm not voting him right now because I want to see how the situation evolves. I read Tobbs as eager town, honestly.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Tell me what you think about Tobbs.

Also who else do you think is scum?

Sorry, didn't see the second part of the question. Asphyxious is weirdly trusting of merk's doc claim, which imo either makes him merk's scumbuddy or, if merk is really the doc (which I think unlikely) scum trying to gain town points. I don't quite see the case against Xad but also don't trust him completely. AA's been laserfocused on me, but I tend to read that behavior as town. Uncertain on Mona and DB.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

##vote merk

And with this I'm off to bed. Saw nothing that changed my opinion.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Sorry for not posting yesterday, but the day was over before I could look at the thread. I would have corroborated Asphyxious and DB's claim, because I too received a backup role. Specifically, I'm the backup Tracker, and I followed Xad tonight, and he went to visit AA.
Now, since the town roleblocking role in this game is Jailer, which from my understanding also protects the target, this can only mean that Xad is the SK and that the doctor protected whoever was the scum NK target.

##Vote Xad

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

That’s a lot of presumption. Also wtf is with people rushing the vote in this predicament.

Well, from my end it's deduction from facts. I tracked Xad, he visits AA, AA is dead and was scum. This means he's not the target for the scum NK, so it means that he was the SK kill and that the scum NK failed for whatever reason. Now, this doesn't strictly mean that Xad is the SK, but it sure looks like it's the more probable outcome, since of four (well, three, since I'm the tracker) revealed town PR that could've been given as backup Cop is the only one that can visit the person who was NKed without preventing the actual NK, but you already claimed that, went uncontested and nabbed scum, so unless you are scum who got incredibly lucky with pretending they got a backup role without confirmation of such a thing being possible, I'm inclined to take the easiest route and think Xad is the SK. And the same easiest route leads me to believe that the doctor succesfully blocked the scum NK.

But in the interest of not being overly antagonistic, ##unvote.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

And why do you assume there’s no more scum.

I never said there's no more scum. But I think if there are any left, there can't be more than one, because for it to be 2 surviving scum would mean that we started the game with 7 anti-town players (6 scum and a SK) on a total of 16 with two possible NKs per night, and that sounds... excessive. Getting back to the point, in this situation getting the last scum or getting the SK is functionally the same thing, they are both isolated anti-town players with a NK. And since I have information about Xad, I'll make sure he's the lunch today.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Monathin posted:

Like at some point I have to make setup deductions and figure there's probably not any scum remaining on the board because, based on the sheer number of people playing this game, having that many scum seems literally impossible, even with having multiple PRs that can lock down what happened to people.

That being said, claiming Tracker seems weird given MMT was also tracker. What gives, Lupus?

I'm the backup tracker, I said it when I first claimed. Didn't know it until night 3, after the tracker was killed. I assume that the other claimed backups were in the same situation.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Yes indeed it did.

This is mildly worrying. To be absolutely clear, you didn't target AA, right?

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Welp, didn't see that post by DB. This changes things a bit.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Also doesn't line up with previous day, when DB defended Gaspy's cop claim. DB, I'll reiterate, what the gently caress?

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Well, Xad's lie seals it for me. ##vote Xad
To give credence to my backup tracker claim, assuming we all got informed of our backup roles in the same way: the fluff was me finding a note posted to the front door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Great game everybody!

I'll admit I was kinda lucky in getting Xad, my reasoning was to follow someone who hadn't claimed and in two games I've played with him I found I have an hard time getting a read on him so he was my choice. And Tolly had me completely fooled.

• Locked thread